Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.02

on 12 April 2014
I found this very boring. No real story - not enough detail about the many characters for them to become recognised easily.
on 26 April 2014
The story itself was a bit weak, could have gone into a lot more depth on all the characters, not sure if the author is British or not, there were lots of punctuation errors which ment re-reading sections for it to make sense
on 16 July 2014
Love this book, try it.
on 6 January 2016
Enjoyed the read but a small part of the story faded and I had to re-read the odd page.
on 20 December 2014
Enjoyed !
on 19 July 2014
Good book
on 21 August 2014
Descriptive, but too much so in the chapter describing the brutal murder of a child, which was so unexpected, I admit I nearly abandoned the book because it sickened me. I was looking for a gentle read about characters living in France and apart from this section, that's what it was in the main. For me it ruined an otherwise good story.
on 16 April 2014
Another beautifully constructed novel from this new author. Again the story is seen from a variety of perspectives, with details building a complete picture of the community the characters inhabit. In this the French countryside is seen mainly through the eyes of a group of ex-pats, giving an outsider's view of the landscape, culture and community. Each character has a different reason for seeking the privacy and solace of a foreign land, and some of these dark secrets are openly explored as the story reaches it's climax at the festival of cherries. Each character has a strong and distinct voice which lends an honesty to their view of their community and their own pasts. I would recommend this author unreservedly.
on 25 April 2014
This story was so full of images of France and complex stories of Ex pats lives that I could really see myself there becoming part of the story. A great read.
on 9 May 2014
After a slightly slow start, I got really involved in the story. I enjoyed the different perspectives and the way they è were woven together.

Then it just STOPPED! So many threads just left hanging. Very disappointing. Is there a sequel planned, or did Mandy just get bored with the story?

I must confess I bought the Kindle book because we have spent a holiday near Perpignan and now have a holiday home in another part of France, where there are a number of British ex-pats.