5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner!
PROS
1. Sound quality. Highs are crisp, but not too bright; mids are good; bass is punchy and tight. It is difficult to find *better* sounding headphones in this price segment.
2. Build. They are very solidly built and ergonomics are great. There is no complex suspending system, so there is nothing to break.
3. Very comfortable. These are over the ears (as...
Published 10 months ago by Pavel Tsvetkov

3.0 out of 5 stars It is literally recommended by everyone
I stumbled across these headphones on YouTube. It is literally recommended by everyone. I saved up money and bought them on offer. I was a little disappointed, The sound is great but not 100€ better then other headphones. They annoying tick when I try to put them into the case. The cable lengths are great though,
Published 10 days ago by pavol hlavac

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner!, 9 Mar. 2014
Pavel Tsvetkov (Bulgaria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black (Electronics)
PROS
3. Very comfortable. These are over the ears (as opposed to on-ears) headphones, so there is no unpleasant pressure. The new ear pads are very soft, and the headband is enveloped in the same soft material.
4. Portability. Both cups rotate horizontally 180°, and they fold vertically, to make the headphone's dimensions quite small and portable-friendly. The supplied pouch comes in handy.
5. Unlike their predecessors, the ATH-M50X arrive with three detachable cables: a long straight one (you can use it to connect to a source that is further away), a short straight one (very handy when connecting to a smartphone, or if your computer is located very near to where you sit), and a medium-length coiled one (for mixed purposes). The insert-and-turn locking system secures the cable to the left cup.
6. No sound leakage. These are closed-back headphones, so you can use them in a room, filled with people, or while commuting, without the need to worry that you might disturb someone.
7. With an impedance of 38 ohms you do not need a headphone amp to drive them.

CONS
1. Cable connectors are proprietary. But then again you get three cables in the box, so it is unlikely that you will be looking to buy new cables any time soon.
2. At 285 g (10 oz) plus the cable, the ATH-M50X are a little heavier than similar-sized headphones I have owned. But making them lighter would most probably affect build quality.
3. I have watched video reviews, making the argument that the ATH-M50X are not exactly audiophile quality (that is, their response is not as 'flat' and 'neutral', as it should be). This could indeed be the case, as Audio-Technica has other models (like the ATH-A900X), positioned in the higher and more expensive segment, but the latter are not meant to be carried around or enjoyed in the street. In my opinion ATH-M50X have been built to produce enjoyable (rather than analytical) sound. Consider this carefully.

CONCLUSION
When all of the above have been taken into consideration, Audio-Technica ATH-M50X might be the best value for money headphone on the market today.
1. They may not sound as neutral as AKG 702 (but the latter are not portable, there is serious sound leakage, and you cannot drive them adequately with your smartphone).
2. They are not cable-free or as light as the Bluetooth Sony MDR-1BT, but the ATH-M50X sound much better.
3. Audio-Technica ATH-M50X is the overall winner if you are looking for enjoyable full-bodied sound, sturdy build, detachable cables, and a no-nonsense look. You simply cannot go wrong with them!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy that they are not what I expected, 2 Nov. 2014
When I opened the boxed i was shocked at how snazzy they looked from pictures on the website they kinda looked a bit cheap in build quality, I am very happy that they are not what I expected. The clamping force on your head is just right for me they make a nice tight seal around your head but don't give me headaches the head band i do find put some pressure on my head after about an hour and it does start to hurt i feel they need more padding on the head band.

The sound quality of the head phones was a drastic difference to my previous £40 headset. The best thing about the headphone is that they are incredibly clear and i'm finding that all the music I listen to has got a new layer of detail that I hadn't noticed before. The High, Mids and Lows are all set to about the same so one does not over power the over which is very natural sounding.

Really good set of headphones would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crisp and vibrant sound. Highly recommend, 9 Oct. 2014
mike (england united kingdom) - See all my reviews
Best headphones I have ever used. Their overall construction quality is something that you should take note on as these headphone are extremely well built, they wont break easy that's for sure. The customizability with the wires is amazing coming with three different types retro house phone cord type wire (3m) a extended wire which is normal with a 4.5mm adapter for amps and the like (3m). And a shorter wire which I normally use for plugging into a pc which is close to me or my phone when I am riding. There is no sound leaking at all that I've noticed. You can't hear anything on the outside the sound takes over from everything, it true is something I have never experienced with headphones before.

Truly outstanding product and I would buy them again without a shadow of a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... me and won't have as much bass i would like, but then I tested them without equaliser, 25 Oct. 2014
At first i was concerned that these headphones will be to flat for me and won't have as much bass i would like, but then I tested them without equaliser.
I don't know what's wrong with them who thinks that these headphones don't have enough bass, there's just right amount off bass. Trust me! Awesome sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely no disappointment! does what it says on the package, 12 Jan. 2015
I'm not an audiophile but been looking into these and researching for a while now. Absolutely no disappointment! does what it says on the package. I tried the M30x headphones a few months ago, didn't like it for the lack of bass but these have more than enough bass but not too much. Very balanced and acoustic music sounds wonderful. Bit pricey I know but worth every penny. Would recommend if anyone wants a good quality pair of headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do yourself a favour and buy these!!!, 8 Jan. 2015
I don't usually leave feedback but these are worth breaking my traditions for... These are by far the best headphones I have ever used!!! They have literally opened up a new listening experience for me. Music is clearer, punchier, the different effects and instruments all jump out of the music. Wait until you hear your favourite songs or well produced music with these..!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! High Hopes Exceeded., 25 July 2014
J. Saunders "Supplanter357" (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
I had to write up about these, like everyone else! I was really expecting something from these and I had mega hopes. I ordered the original model first and then cancelled for these. I plugged in to my Mac, opened Spotify (I stream in extreme) and then played a random track.. I was utterly like WTF! I was not expecting this. The sound is incredible to me. So clear and crisp, I don't know why people moan about the bass! These are finally something that make the bass sound part of the music and not boom boom over everything else. There is so much more detail in music now its unreal. I then plugged in a DacMagic XS which I got at the same time and I can't even put it in to words. I have always been really in to my music and had no idea how much I was missing out on. Best money I have ever spent! I am now going to carry on getting merry... Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, pretty happy, 30 Dec. 2014
Sound quality is exceptional and I'm really pleased with that, but it loses a star for the comfortability factor I'm sorry to say.
The cushioned ear cups are comfortable at first, but during any elongated listening period, my ears became really hot and it was really uncomfortable to the point where I had to take them off and go wash my ears/face (sounds daft but it helped as they were on fire). Also the headband at the top isn't cushioned well at all.
Besides that I love them though and they cancel outside noise out pretty well both ways
In conclusion, I'd buy them but just be wary as they're not the most comfortable
To be fair though, these are my first over-ear headphones
Up until this point I've used on-ear, so maybe it's just me rather than them
Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 12 Mar. 2014
In one word, amazing. I owned the ATH-M50 for roughly 6 months before these were released, I decided to sell my M50 and purchase these for the 1.2m straight cable. A great buying experience, arrived very quickly. I bought these for around £5 less than the M50 which is good.

The ATH-M50X feels softer than the M50. The ability to swap the cables is fantastic. The earcups are softer and have more padding. They feel quite a lot better than the M50. The cables also look and feel a little bit better than the one on the M50. The sound is just as incredible as the M50. If you don't own a pair of M50s then you should definitely go for this. ATH-M50X is a polished version of the M50. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 1 Jun. 2014
Amazing headphones with great sound quality and good build quality, keeping the price in mind. Some thing to keep in mind is that this is a balanced headphone, bass heads might not approve of it, but i love it.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available