Published 4 months ago by Fatman

3.0 out of 5 stars i like it sound quality is good only thing is if ...
i like it sound quality is good only thing is if you want it for listening when going out its not good unless your 9ft tall as the cable is huge i will be sending mine back as the cable is just way to big
Published 29 days ago by omar

5.0 out of 5 stars and these cheap new phones are just as good! Maybe not quite as comfy if I am ..., 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Audio-Technica ATH-M20X Professional Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought a pair of these to replace a pair of very old Sennheisers (15yrs old) on which I had replaced the cables on at £60 recently, and now the ear pads have at last fallen to pieces.... Now I know that undoubtedly there have been leaps and bounds I am unaware of in the last few years in headphones, but my Sennheisers cost me £330 all those years ago, and these cheap new phones are just as good!

Maybe not quite as comfy if I am totally honest (some of that will be because I am graced with large jug like ears and the pads need to soften a little to the shape of them ;) ), but I can easily wear them for 4-5 hours listening on my laptop, Hi-Fi and iPod Classic! I had read somewhere that the iPod may need an amp to get truly good sound out of it, but unless I want to be deafened permanently I definitely have enough volume! I am 57 but I have also had my hearing tested recently due to my job in a noisy industry and I have been told it is perfect, so the sound I am hearing is warm and well rounded and not overtaken by bass lines....

I listen to all sorts of music, from modern pop, through rock, heavy metal and onto folk and into classical, and so far I have been much more than happy with these Audio-Technica ATH-M20X, in fact I was going to save up for a much more expensive pair of headphones to replace the old Sennheisers , and these Audio-Technica were meant to be a temporary fix for now, but they have now become the fix for my listening drug! I may even buy another pair for the wife - if she is lucky ahah

5.0 out of 5 stars Designed by engineers for engineers, 2 Jun. 2014
Having worked in the recording industry for 25 years and having used dozens of brands including BeyerDynamic, Sony, Fostex to name a few, I've always had a preference for using Audio-Technica and Oktava for Microphones, I thought I'd give this headset a try...after a few days of use mainly with Desktop Audio Workstation software such as Logic Pro and Presonus all I can say is Audio Technica are giving these away for nothing!! The price is totally ridiculous, the precision is sublime and I wish I bought a few more, the construction is excellent and lightweight, the pads encircle most ear sizes, the degree do spatial dynamics is absolutely fantastic, I cannot fault them at all, even if you're looking for a set to use with the newer audio workstation apps for ipad, I'd recommend these 100% - they work well for iPhone too if sound neutrality is your priority, that said, the cable is about 3m which for studio or DJ use is ideal but for mobility might be lengthy - I'm guessing most users are looking for a mobile set in which case there are more suitable options like the Sennheiser Momentum which has a shorter cable and mic controls, but for musicians and studio use, you cannot go wrong with the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Let the Price Under-sale these for you! These are Top-Notch Headphones!, 2 Dec. 2014
Mr. Mohammad H. Oftadeh (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
Don't Let the Price Under-sale these for you! These are Top-Notch Headphones!

I have been using these for about 2 months now!

They are so under priced it is untrue!

The sound is detailed and well balanced and judged. I have tried these with my laptop, with a high-res & high output portable player and also with an amp and it sounds superb with them all.

They are well built, comfortable and the sound stage is very well judged as well.

If you are considering these, then stop considering and order them now. Especially at the current reduced price!

5.0 out of 5 stars build quility is sturdy, fit is confortable and sound quility is just ..., 27 Feb. 2015
Bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD205's.... the M20X are just phenominal for the price in my opinion! build quility is sturdy, fit is confortable and sound quility is just amazing. My HD205's were ok, but these just blow them out the water for around the same pricepoint. Very Happy with my purchace ^^ think I may have just found myself a new fav brand of headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful clear sound through these cans, 6 Dec. 2014
Beautiful clear sound through these cans. Very comfortable to wear for long periods of time too.
If you are not fussed about looks (they look ok....but lets face it they are never going to win any fashion awards), but focus on function and value for money, then these are spot on.
Extremely good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... these headphones about 2 weeks now ad they are brilliant. The sound quality is amazing for the price ..., 27 Feb. 2015
Had these headphones about 2 weeks now ad they are brilliant. The sound quality is amazing for the price that you pay and you get a really decently sized and sturdy cable. The build quality is decent, not amazing like some more expensive sets of headphones, but not flimsy and weak. The only thing i have against these headphones is the comfortability. I found, after 2 weeks of using that when using the headphones for long periods of time (1 hour or so) that they start to make your ears ache. Not the interior of the ear, the external muscular parts. This doesnt concern my long term health however i find a great deal of uncomfort after using them for too long. Other than this i foujnd these headphones amazing and a great bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Average consumer review, 3 April 2014
I received these in the past week do I've been using them for almost a week now and I am very satisfied with the quality, the don't feel cheap by any means (squeaky). They are comfortable over the ear with great sound, at least compared to my laptop's speakers the sound is way more detailed and nicer in general. If you are an average consumer like me, I would recommend these if you looking for good value and quality. I am not an audiophile, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product for the price, 13 Dec. 2014
P. Brown (London) - See all my reviews
excellent product for the price, the audio quality is great, much better than many brands in the price range. that said this product has left me wanting more, with the comfort and ease of the m20x's i want to see what the m50x's offer, much more expensive, but if i can find this level of audio upgrade again as well as the same comfort and fit then i'll be happy to pay the difference. all round great headphones, not perfect (eg no changeable wire) and the audio quality isn't the very best. but in the price range they really don't have much competition. audio technica know what they are doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 10 April 2015
These are as good a set of headphones as I have ever had. Quality is high and clean. Fitting is comfortable (even for prolonged use), but not loose - people with large ears might want to find some with bigger cups, though. Not sure what the 1 - 3 star views are about. It does have a long cable, but that's a plus, not a negative - it can always be tided with a wire tie (or similar). Has a single cable, which is nice and thick. Optional plugs are gold coated. As good as they look and good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Faultless at the price!, 21 April 2015
Better than expected for the money. Really tight bass, and good performance in higher ranges. I felt the sound was slightly compressed, lacking width and separation compared with my Grado SR60s, but as the latter were circa £100, these ATH-M20s are simply exceptional at this price. Good cable length (3m). Perhaps a little tight after a while, but that may be just because they're new. Certainly keeps the sound in the ears rather than leaking all around you.

Audio-Technica ATH-M20X Professional Headphones - Black