5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next book. The writer can tell a good story with just the right amount of description and information. I felt that the story developed at a good pace and I ilked being able to experience the anguish/determination/hope etc from the point of view of different characters.
Published 22 months ago by EFM

3.0 out of 5 stars Average but readable
Published 3 days ago by Charlotte Lorenzi

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 30 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Jan 2013
This book is as brilliant as book 1. Yet again once i started reading i couldnt put this book down. will definately keep an eye out for book 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic and wonderful, 24 April 2014
This gets so much better the more the tale is told. The author breathes a richness and depth into the land in much the same way that Tolkien, Donaldson and Eddings were able to do. It is the sign of a great talent when he is able to keep multiple story lines racing along without losing focus on the main theme.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sequel, 9 Jan 2013
This book was a good read although lacked some of the depth of Enchantress. The ending was a bit disappointing but only because I have to wait for the next book as I would like to see where the author takes these characters next. It would've got 5 stars if the ending had gone into more detail about killian as he was a mystery and I had hoped we would have learned more about his powers and his parents, maybe if there ever is a next book my questions will be answered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, appealing story, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Hidden Relic (The Evermen Saga Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Although some people won't agree, I believe that if a book is part of a series then you need to read all the books to understand it. That's how I feel you know when you have a good story. This book is the second in the series and I find with a lot of second or sometimes even third books the authors tend to explain too much of what we already learnt it the book before and in such an obvious way. With this book I don't think I had any of that and if there was then it was hidden well or I don't remember (I am in the middle of the third book so pardon my memory if I am wrong). I also liked that any explanation was cut up into short chunks. I don't read a lot of books like this one (I'm a sucker for a good romcom) but there are an odd few that I have loved. I also like that there is a map at the beginning as I'm one of those readers that like to have a good discription to allow them to imagine the scene and also how far the characters have travelled and how far they are from the people they love.

The story is strong and imaginative with enough twists and turns. The story travels well with a good pace and jumps between character cleanly so that the story flows better. If a character hints something or something happens that changes another characters situation, then we need a little suspense but we don't want to wait ten or more pages to get to it.

Good book well worth the money and time. My college tutor won't be happy though as I have been procrastinating instead of doing coursework!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 29 April 2014
I enjoyed this book I gave it four stars which I consider very good, it is a good read for lovers of fantasy books

3.0 out of 5 stars Average but readable, 23 Nov 2014
Not great, not awful. Its a good pace and quite gripping although rather let down for me by just too many battles and a plot that relies a great deal on coincidence. I found the long lost son and daughter of a noble storyline revealed at the end of the first book very lacking in originality and cant really see the necessity of it. However it's written well enough to keep me reading and I do have an interest in the characters even if I find them rather reckless, thoughtless and a little bit grating in their attitude at times. They have a tendency to rush off and do whatever seems like a good idea at the time. Due to the aforementioned coincidences and a heavy reliance on luck they always seem to get through and be proved right

5.0 out of 5 stars a gripping yarn, 19 Aug 2014
This second book in the series I found as entertaining and exciting as the first. Yes of course one's grip on reality must be suspended that is obvious when reading novels of this kind. There may be a reason why many of us are enchanted by Harry Potter, Games of Thrones and these Evermen stories. In a world filled with hate and vengeance maybe the thought of magic, good magic and the fact that good always wins sustains our optimism in a better future. I want a future where my children and grandchildren can live in peace. Let's hope Isis don't make it through the portal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Saga. So well written, 1 Sep 2014
Fantastic Saga. So well written. From the very first page of the first book I haven't been able to put it down. Now on my 4th book and I'm still as eager to find every bit of spare time to read it. The characters draw you in. I also love how there are different but interconnecting story lines going on at the same time and it never gets confusing. I could see this story turned into a film. I would definitely be keen to read any of this author's other works. many thanks for keeping me entertained :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A well written saga, 23 Aug 2014
P. G. Russell (North Northumberland) - See all my reviews
I borrowed the first of this series on Kindle Library, and bought this one as I couldn't wait to see what happened next. It carries on the saga well, with good characterisation and an exciting, well thought out plot line in an interesting alternative reality. I will be borrowing the third one at the beginning of September, and if it continues well, will probably buy the last one. A cut above some of these series, as the standard of writing is good.