Edition: Special Edition|Change
Price:£14.80 - £39.99

on 21 March 2014
First off , unless you own a high end PC you have never seen graphics like these.
Voice acting of Delsin is top notch (as expected of Troy Baker aka Joel from The Last of Us).The supporting cast thus far great too, especially the interplay between Delsin and his brother

Controls are very intuative after a bit of practice you can pretty much forget about them and just do what you want to do.

The game offers two distinct paths with a different story and gameplay experience for each. In effect you get two games in one, so it's superb value.
While I could never really see Cole as evil. Delsin as a rebel could easily go either way and evil is a slippery slope with very addictive powers.

It's still early but I can see my weekend and the next week or two disapearing. I had to drag myself off the PS4 to write this.
If this is what the PS4 is capable of this early on, we are in for a treat. What makes Second Son all the more impressive is it is an open world game with a lot of stuff going on.

The hat that comes with the game... well it's a hat, really not much you can say about it. It's quality good enough to wear if you choose to do so.
on 15 July 2014
Hmm, where to start....

Infamous: Second Son, a brilliant game. It's graphics really show off a solid step in the future of Playstation 4. The game play is absolutely top notch, visuals are gob smacking at first. Especially all the particle effects.

However, the only part I'd say this game lacks in is Story - The story is strong and powerful but nothing that really makes you feel attached to characters? I won't be revealing anything other than that Playing both Evil and Good offer some really nice replay value. But it is short lived after two play through's I haven't touched the game again. The campaign is an all right length, nothing special yet not stupidly short.

So if you're considering picking up this game I highly recommend it. You'll really get a feel for the PS4's potential as you play through this game and if you've played Infamous 1&2 you will notice that some of the new mechanics actually work vastly better than the originals.

The only major let down is no sign of Cole what so ever. But hey they're releasing DLC for it so patience may get us somewhere ;)
on 24 March 2014
This truly is the first real "next-gen" game. Fantastic graphics, the gameplay has been improved from the PS3 inFAMOUS games and the story is excellent. Delsin Rowe (The protagonist) is a lovable character as most characters voiced by the excellent Troy Baker (Joel in the Last of us, Booker Dewitt in Bioshock Infinite) are. As well as this the antagonist in this game Brooke Augustine is a worthy adversary with her questionable practices at a head even at the start of the game.

The limited edition came with some extra missions in the form of Cole's Legacy, which help ties together the story between inFAMOUS Second Son and inFAMOUS 2 and is a must buy for fans of the previous games. Delsin's red beanie hat also comes with this game and for a person like myself who wears Beanie's everywhere it's a welcome addition.

TL;DR; In short this game is worth purchasing and the special edition is an added bonus for fans of the previous games.

10/10
on 9 May 2014
Wow! This game is absolutely brilliant. I am a big gamer and can honestly say this is a top game. I have nearly completed the good karma play through and it has been thoroughly enjoyable. The storyline has gripped me and I do not want to reveal any spoilers but this game had me attached to the characters in it, that is the sign of a good game. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is smooth and it is a good example for next gen gaming. A particular bit that really impressed me was when Delsin picked up a hat from one of the DUP soldiers it had an intercom in it, Delsin put it nearer to his ears and the sound came out of the DS4 controller speaker! I would recommend this game and was fortunate to pick up the special edition for £39.85 (£60 RRP) which includes a DLC code for the "Cole's Legacy" mission and a Delsin Rowe beanie hat with "Seattle 138" on it just like the one Delsin wears in inFamous: Second Son.
on 1 May 2014
This is one of the best games I have played in a long long time! The story is long but does not drag and some of the moments in the story made me shocked! The storyline makes you feel for the characters and makes you really want to succeed. The graphics are amazing, the best graphics I have ever seen a console game!

The upgrade options for Delson's powers are great and for the first time in a game, I felt that upgrading was actually worth something as I felt more powerful each time! I was not a massive fan of Infamous 1 and 2 but this game blew me away! A must buy for anyone who owns a PS4. If you don't own a PS4 then buy one just to play this game. Did I mention the graphics!

That is all, your loss if you don't buy this game!!!
on 23 April 2014
I'm a huge fan of the first two InFamous' featuring Cole, so was excited to get my hands on this finally. At first I was disappointed about the length of the game but it makes up for it with the added on content Paper Trail.

The gameplay itself is fantastic! graphics are wonderful, the use of the ps4 controller shows a great use of the tech and the story is good. Not as complex as the original InFamous style but does it's due.

The best part of it for me was the Paper Trail add on. Sucker Punch have really taken a leap and taken game immersion to a new step. It gives the player a chance to uncover the truth for yourself without being led to it by the story.

In the end, worth the money and highly recommend it!
on 22 March 2014
I've been waiting for thus game for a very long time having been a big fan of the PS3 games and so I tried and largely succeeded to avoid spoilers. I'm not going to spoil anything here but this game is just amazing. The story, characters, location etc easily makes this the best game on PS4. I can not recommend this game enough to those who are not only fans of the series but also for those who are looking for a true next-gen game. Plus, in this edition you get a beenie hat replica of our heroes/villains favourite headwear.

I'd also like to say thanks to Amazon Logistics delivery for delivering this not just on the day but at around 08:15am ☺. Best delivery service by far!
on 19 April 2014
There game mechanics are solid and you can see a change in the way the Delsin act parallel to your chooses. Unfortunately the game fells empty and lifeless at time when there is not a single civilian wandering around and the game feels a bit short in my opinion. Also there are side missions but they aren't the same as they were in the previous games as there are about four different side missions and that is a bit boring.

Overall the game is short and boring after the story which isn't well written either, but the game is also graphically impressive and and is a good way to spend 5 hours or so.
on 8 March 2015
Infamous Second Son has gorgeous cinematics and a story comparable to the best movies out there but doesn't throw out fun and rewarding gameplay that gives you incentive to want to unlock all character powers and upgrade and even people who hate collectibles will be tempted to collect and perform events within it.

Characters are extremely likeable and the excellent voice acting goes well with such great sound quality. It all blends together to make a masterpiece of a game that will age extremely well. This was an excellent way to kick off the PS4's lifespan.
on 29 August 2014
He game is just better than expected. It could be a sole reason to buy the console just for it, it's great entertainment. A bit too short for my taste, but now some dlcs are coming... (more money)
The edition is great, the collector item is great quality and nice... The only problem is that it won't be all publics taste, but the game in contents are a good reason indeed.