Its a pretty huge monitor, which is both good and bad, I upgraded to this mostly for gaming on consoles (360 and ps4/xbox one)

I tried out some of the competition here are my opinions:-

Published 6 months ago by To much Learning

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot use it - WRONG accesories inside the box
After not receiving the screen on the expected date, Amazon sent me a second one. However when I opened it I realised the power cord wouldn't fit the power adapter and therefore I haven't been able to use it yet. The Power cord (female) has three rectangular holes and the power adapter has three round holes. How does that happen?
Published 2 months ago by Rahy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor for almost all uses, Beautiful Picture, high contrast ratio, good colour and good response for gaming, 4 Mar 2014

I tried out some of the competition here are my opinions:-

Dell 2414H - Low contrast in comparison, I noticed no improvement in responsiveness, side by side ANYONE would choose the Benq, Dell looked grey and washed out the colours on the Benq looked slightly different but still beautiful, but the constrast and blacks are BEAUTIFUL! The Dell has a very nice stand and looks great when turned off, but I'd rather have a great picture when turned on.

AOC I2757FM - Again low contrast, very similar to dell, beautiful looking monitor(bezel and stand) but the picture wasn't a patch on the Benq, no movement in stand(same as Benq).

Now on to the Benq EW2740L.

I keep saying this but you really have to see it, the contrast is beautiful, it makes games and movies look great, I guess if you are going to do office work any of the monitor would be fine, but then again so would any cheap monitor. If you play games of watch films then the contrast and black level are important (colour is too but them are all great for colour) The Benq is far superior for colour or contrast and you WILL notice it. I have tried and tried to notice problems with response times but as long as you avoid the AMA Premium setting I see no artefacts or ghosting, my skills in COD and Battlefield have improved, everything looks beautiful and my photos look more natural and rich than them did with my old monitor.

If you want a monitor at this time and only want a 1080p resolution (console gaming or tv and movies) then this is the one, it might be worth waiting for another year it get even better response times but the contrast, colour,price and responsiveness/lag here are a pretty amazing combination if you have 210 to spend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome monitor, it sure needs a 5 star..., 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: BenQ EW2440L 24 inch VA LED Monitor (3000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 4ms, VGA/HDMI) (Personal Computers)
Ok i am giving this a 5 star not because it is perfect in every single way as nothing ever is! Because of its value for money, build quality, features and picture quality.

Pros
- Excellent reduced blue levels. Now if you are using a monitor for more than 3 hours a day this is a definite plus as it offers an excellent range of reduced blue light levels which is very kind for your eyes.
- Central rear ports. Easy access and tidy as your wires hang straight down behind the neck of the monitor
- Awesome non reflective matte finish with excellent viewing angles.
- Great non flicker refresh rate which makes my second HP monitor look awful in comparison
- No crazy auto adjustments which i have seen on other monitors - it just works!
- 4mm edge to the monitor, not as minimal as pictured but still a super slim bezel
- Very sturdy and a perfect weight to not be too heavy to move but not too light to wobble around.
- Really nice finish to the back and front. Looks really high quality
- Very solid in its build
- small power pack
- very low power

Cons (these are minor, if they were a problem i would lower the rating)
- The phone stand is a little pointless in my opinion, if it had an integrated iphone charger i would use it! but i just forget its there.
- Integrated speakers, all monitors with integrated speakers are poor, even 1000+ LED TVs have poor integrated speakers compared to what you get with a simple 2.1 or 5.1 sound system. I'm happy that the option is there as many monitors don't offer anything but don't be blown away by the sound quality, Its ok at best - there is no bass and the channel quality is basic so just buy some cheap speakers with a sub. Don't take notice of the people giving poor reviews due to sound quality, It's a monitor you're buying after all not a sound system!
- The buttons on the monitor are on a touch pad in the lower right of the monitor - they are a little difficult to use as you don't know where to touch to use the buttons, so you are kind of guessing. They work fine but i would prefer an outline as to where the touch of each button ends
- No option for dual or triple monitor mounts
- No screen rotation, just tilt adjustment offered (which isn't a problem due to the size of the thing!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 23 July 2014
M. ISMAEL (UK) - See all my reviews
I received my EW2440L monitor today from a different website,lets start with the biggest bad point,first it came with wrong type of mains power lead to the monitor power adaptor ie came with your standard 3 pin PSU/Monitor mains lead rather then C5 cloverleaf mains lead (3 pin but rounded pins)which is what the AC power adaptor needs,lucky for me I had one lying around from my Samsung laptop ,you can get them from Amazon or Ebay for about 1.60 to 3 quid.

I advised Amazon to check that the right type of mains power leads come in the box for future customers,if not report the issue to BenQ.

Screen quality is excellent,I calibrated mine via SpyderExpress calibration tool.Box does come with HDMI and VGA cables.
Blacks are great so are viewing angles,colours are good as well.No dead pixels on mine but I paid for pixel check.

I have done some gaming and had no issues even with FPS games online with AMVA set to high.

Do note no DVI connection on monitor,only HDMI,VGA,HDMI-MHL.

Monitor controls are touch type,make sure you set AMA to high for gaming(default setting) and reduce brightness from 100 default setting(way too high).
I find brightness around 30 to 35 and contrast 40 to 50 better via HDMI.

Overall happy with mine .
Hope this quick review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... these at once as the thin bezel makes these perfect for multi-screen setups, 8 Aug 2014
I bought 2 of these at once as the thin bezel makes these perfect for multi-screen setups.
They arrived before 1pm despite me not choosing the pre 1pm option as well which was nice.
Monitors themselves were very well packed and look stunning from all angles, the screen sits no deeper than 1mm into the frame which makes them exceptionally slim. Colour and black levels were perfect for me right out of the box which is great.
The screen angle is very easy to adjust and they even have a little stand that can be lifted for your phone or business cards etc.

The ONLY issue I have with these monitors is that my right hand screen is about 3mm lower than the left one, which is just enough to bug me as it is barely, but clearly noticeable. A small issue, but still, I had to at least try and find something wrong with them.

I would rate 4.9/5 for the height issue but I can't, so 5 stars it is.

Hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Aug 2014
Mr. Sm Tovey "HoboCrust" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great Monitor, despite the other reviews mine came with the correct power cable and with 1 hdmi cable and 1 hdmi to mini hdmi cable. great screen clarity and viewing angles very happy and glad i chose this screen over others. Also the nifty little phone holder on the base is an added bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 6 May 2014
Easy to set up and works well as a monitor. The sound is not great but that was unimportant for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and does the Job!, 11 Aug 2014
R. Thompson (windermere) - See all my reviews
I decided on the 24inch model after a long drawn out think about 24 vs 27. Real glad I went for the 24; it's just the right size for my desk. Picture quality with Mac and PS3 are superb at this price-point and I highly recommend this model! Must note that the first 2 sent had the wrong plug, but spoke with Amazon on the phone, they deducted 10% off and i just bought the cloverleaf plug from a local shop for 4.99. Also called BenQ and it seems like a dodgy batch was sent to Amazon... Couldn't drop a star for this though, as the monitor is just what I was looking for and great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for its price., 7 Aug 2014
The monitor design is great and the picture quality is also very good. The power cable in the box was incorrect, contacted customer support and they delivered it the next day. However the speakers aren't the best and I don't use them because I have my own.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Great price for a quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen - looks stylish too, 7 April 2014
Have two of these, fantastic colour reproduction - no initial calibration required - running as external screens to a macbook pro.

Stylish base can flip up to hold a smart phone, and even lets you connect smart phones/tablets to the display using the MHL connection.

Very thin bezel, nice in a multi-screen setup

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for multi-display setups..., 10 Aug 2014
I bought two of these for use in a dual-monitor setup, and the thin bezel makes them ideal for this.

I have never used BenQ equipment before but these deliver excellent quality at a very reasonable price. The 4ms display time has not resulted in any kind of lag or ghosting which I can see, probably due to my graphics card immediately detecting the new hardware and optimizing itself accordingly.

The reason for the four stars is that one of the headline features, the Low Blue Light makes the screen look yellowish, but that may just be a preference thing.

In addition the lack of any kind of icon or colouring makes locating the power and various menu touch-sensitive buttons a bit difficult. They could do with being a different colour.

Overall though a very good monitor and I would recommend!