Its a pretty huge monitor, which is both good and bad, I upgraded to this mostly for gaming on consoles (360 and ps4/xbox one)

I tried out some of the competition here are my opinions:-

Published 4 months ago by To much Learning

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot use it - WRONG accesories inside the box
After not receiving the screen on the expected date, Amazon sent me a second one. However when I opened it I realised the power cord wouldn't fit the power adapter and therefore I haven't been able to use it yet. The Power cord (female) has three rectangular holes and the power adapter has three round holes. How does that happen?
Published 9 days ago by Rahy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor for almost all uses, Beautiful Picture, high contrast ratio, good colour and good response for gaming, 4 Mar 2014

I tried out some of the competition here are my opinions:-

Dell 2414H - Low contrast in comparison, I noticed no improvement in responsiveness, side by side ANYONE would choose the Benq, Dell looked grey and washed out the colours on the Benq looked slightly different but still beautiful, but the constrast and blacks are BEAUTIFUL! The Dell has a very nice stand and looks great when turned off, but I'd rather have a great picture when turned on.

AOC I2757FM - Again low contrast, very similar to dell, beautiful looking monitor(bezel and stand) but the picture wasn't a patch on the Benq, no movement in stand(same as Benq).

Now on to the Benq EW2740L.

I keep saying this but you really have to see it, the contrast is beautiful, it makes games and movies look great, I guess if you are going to do office work any of the monitor would be fine, but then again so would any cheap monitor. If you play games of watch films then the contrast and black level are important (colour is too but them are all great for colour) The Benq is far superior for colour or contrast and you WILL notice it. I have tried and tried to notice problems with response times but as long as you avoid the AMA Premium setting I see no artefacts or ghosting, my skills in COD and Battlefield have improved, everything looks beautiful and my photos look more natural and rich than them did with my old monitor.

If you want a monitor at this time and only want a 1080p resolution (console gaming or tv and movies) then this is the one, it might be worth waiting for another year it get even better response times but the contrast, colour,price and responsiveness/lag here are a pretty amazing combination if you have 210 to spend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 23 July 2014
M. ISMAEL (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BenQ EW2440L 24 inch VA LED Monitor (3000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 4ms, VGA/HDMI) (Personal Computers)
I received my EW2440L monitor today from a different website,lets start with the biggest bad point,first it came with wrong type of mains power lead to the monitor power adaptor ie came with your standard 3 pin PSU/Monitor mains lead rather then C5 cloverleaf mains lead (3 pin but rounded pins)which is what the AC power adaptor needs,lucky for me I had one on lying around from my Samsung laptop ,you can get them from Amazon or Ebay for about 1.60 to 3 quid.

I advised Amazon to check that the right type of mains power leads come in the box for future customers,if not report the issue to BenQ.

Screen quality is excellent,I calibrated mine via SpyderExpress calibration tool.Box does come with HDMI and VGA cables.
Blacks are great so are viewing angles,colours are good as well.No dead pixels on mine but I paid for pixel check.

I have done some gaming and had no issues even with FPS games online with AMVA set to high.

Do note no DVI connection on monitor,only HDMI,VGA,HDMI-MHL.

Monitor controls are touch type,make sure you set AMA to high for gaming(default setting) and reduce brightness from 100 default setting(way too high).
I find brightness around 30 to 35 and contrast 40 to 50 better via HDMI.

Overall happy with mine .
Hope this quick review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 6 May 2014
Easy to set up and works well as a monitor. The sound is not great but that was unimportant for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor but crappy speakers, 25 April 2014
Read all the monitor reviews and plumped for this model. Great screen being semi-gloss and no eye strain as USP by BenQ. One weakness is the speakers. It is not supplied with an audio cable so had to go and buy one. Instructions on connection are not clear and sound reproduction after the 3 hours spent trying to get them to work is very poor. This meant keeping tghe free standing speakers that the in-built speakers were meant to dispense with are still here.

4.0 out of 5 stars few troubles, 23 July 2014
Mr. D. J. Brown (uk) - See all my reviews
speakers are not very good ,instructions are naff be careful when you start the monitor that you tell it in what hole you have pluged the computer cable into touch sensative holes bottom right hand corner ,far right on/off next in menu go to the display icon and tell the monitor what plug you have connected the computer into. After that good value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot use it - WRONG accesories inside the box, 15 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good screen - BUT - Came with the wrong power cord, 3 Jun 2014
very good screen & well worth buying - BUT-

It came with the wrong power cord as the plug block was a normal 3pin but the power block (Transformer) is a cloverleaf (C5) style.

Amazon refunded 10% of cost so I could order another of there site (0.99p)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen - looks stylish too, 7 April 2014
Have two of these, fantastic colour reproduction - no initial calibration required - running as external screens to a macbook pro.

Stylish base can flip up to hold a smart phone, and even lets you connect smart phones/tablets to the display using the MHL connection.

Very thin bezel, nice in a multi-screen setup