Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 June 2014
I love this, the catchy, raucous deep tones totally mesmerised me. So much so I know every word...and the diversity within a few of the songs, totally unique!
on 31 May 2014
I'm an old school 80s metal head and the glory days died in '92 for me, but I heard this band on the cover of classic rock magazine and it shows metal is on a come back. About bloody time!

If you like melodic hard rock, with great riffage, a vocalist with range ( who is btw , a seriously good looking lass ) , and some top songs , this is for you....
on 21 April 2014
I really like the whole feel of this album and each song is strong and awesome. The packaging for the vinyl album is beautiful and I'd really recommend it!
on 8 April 2014
Came within delivery date in very good condition, decent packaging, and the music is great! so i'm very happy with it. *Favourite CD I bought this year*
on 2 November 2014
An excellent album - I love this old style rock and it's great to get a female singer - can't wait to see them live in a couple of weeks :0)
on 18 March 2014
An album I've been looking forward to and though there aren't as many really rocking songs as I thought there would be,i certainly am not disappointed.
It kicks of sounding very much like the rock you would expect and hope for,with track 2 keeping the pace up nicely,making it clear they have a real passion for this. Track 3 Is brilliant,but my one small disappointment is it sounds like it's going to be a thumping anthem and last 7 or 8 minutes,but it's only about 4. That said,it's a brilliant unexpected twist for the band,taking things in a new direction. The tracks move along nicely with some rocking songs and several slower paced ones,but TAYLOR MOMSEN has the vocals for it. The last track is a slow one,which will no doubt become more and more popular,it just ends things on a surprisingly calm level.
I certainly have nothing against them trying out several slow tracks here,they all sound great and will no doubt grow on most listeners unconvinced by the initial play. For me,this was a brave way of moving on. some more rocking,stage thumping,crowd roaring tracks,but with plenty of passion for the slower paced rock.
I suspect there will be plenty of lighters in the air for these slower moments when sung live,i just hope there aren't too many for fans of their heavier stuff. The heavier stuff does indeed still pack a punch,going places they haven't before aswell as visiting familiar ground and embracing a reliable friend.
This may not quite be the expected 2nd album,but it's a hell of a ride. It's an offering to rock your socks off and calm you down again. In short,the pretty reckless still sound pretty damn fantastic.

As an added note,the 2 bonus tracks on the deluxe version are very nice to have,but are just alternative versions of tracks already heard,so be warned,no original material with the bonus 2. However,these 2 are still great to hear.
on 13 April 2014
A lot heavier than the previous album, better songs and production. The band have definitely grown into better musicians. Buy this album!
on 8 April 2014
great variation of music styles. great vocals. no auto tune, just raw vocals. Far superior to the first album. Definitely worth a buy
on 9 May 2014
i loved this album so different, a bit of rock/acoustic wasnt expecting it to be this good. i cant get heaven knows out of my head!
on 3 May 2014
The Pretty Reckless is a band I always loved. How dislike this new album?!
Listen it, and share it, they deserve to be known!