1,730 Reviews
 (1,173)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous case but gets dirty fast!
Published 5 months ago by MissMoz

1.0 out of 5 stars Good case but major flaw
Published 10 months ago by Ollie G

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous case but gets dirty fast!, 19 Nov. 2014
I've had this case in MINT for around a month now and cannot fault the protection it gives your phone, it's great. However just like most bumper style cases the mint bumper is filthy. I've only handled and kept his case in my handbag and it's looking very grubby now. Wouldn't suggest mint if you're someone who likes to keep things looking new. Eg Dye from jeans will definitely stain the case and does not wash off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful, 14 Nov. 2013
B. W. Roberts "BWR" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out there for an iPhone 5/5s case that is (1) sturdy; (2) attractive; (3) not bulky; and (4) has good grip. It's a nice tough rubber edge, with a 1-2mm lip on the face so that you can safely place the phone screen-down. The back plastic feels tough too. Reviewers of the same model in other colors assure us that they have smashed it on cement without the phone breaking. However, it's still a pretty-looking case, and very functional. The power and volume buttons work great, and there's no problem accessing the headphone jack. It's surprisingly thin for how sturdy it feels. Much sleeker than an iPhone 4, and MUCH sleeker than an Otterbox case, which makes it feel like a brick. The grip is just perfect -- slips easily in and out of my pocket, but still feels much more grippy and safe than the iPhone without the case.

For some reason, the clear-back model costs less than others of the same thing with a colored back. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned, as I like the look of the natural back of the iPhone 5s. This is the perfect case for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good case but major flaw, 18 Jun. 2014
I've had the Crystal Clear version of this case for about five months now, and have generally been very happy with the quality and the protection level - however, over the past month or so, the plastic around the edge of the case has started to get a really ugly and noticeable yellow tinge - I have no idea why this would be, as I haven't left my phone out in the sun, nor do I wear fake tan - whilst the plastic covering the back has remained perfectly clear, which leads me to believe this is a manufacturing problem with the Crystal Clear version of the phone.

Upon contacting Spigen, they were completely unhelpful, saying the product only comes with a three month warranty and there was nothing they could do.

DO NOT BUY - I'm sure there are better cases out there that WON'T turn yellow less than a quarter of the way through your phone's life!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Initially good but tricky to keep looking keen and materials of a 'so-so' quality, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Cover Case for iPhone 5/5S - Metal Slate (Accessory)
Initially well fitting and looks reasonably good but the clear back marks easily, looks awful when dusty (that it seems to attract) and the case started feeling loose quite soon after purchase. The rubberised outer of the case started to feel tacky and dirty also.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not pretty, but pretty good, 30 Mar. 2015
Timos (Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Do you really need a case for your iPhone 5s? Would Apple really have made something as aesthetically pleasing out of glass and aluminium for folk to cover the precision-engineered bevels with plastic?? I don't know, but I do know that I'd rather fit a case than regret not fitting one.

Anyway, back to the job in hand. This case seems sturdy enough. I've not dropped it yet on concrete, but I feel sure that if I did the phone would be fine. The edges are a hard rubbery plastic that probably have shock-absorbing qualities, whereas the back is clear, hard plastic. You get a couple of pictures you can slide in if you want for decoration on the back, and also a template for you to use your own photos to the same effect. The case is a nice looking design, and quite smart. It also doesn't feel too slippery and the build quality is high. You also get some screen protectors. You don't need these- they're a pain to fit and a waste of time. I used to use screen protectors as added protection, but thought I'd try without a couple of years back and haven't used one since.

The inside of the clear plastic back does not repel dust and other particles very effectively, but I'm not sure that this is not the same for all these types of cases. Certainly it was the same with the Speck case with my 4s. It's just that in this instance, you can see the dust because the back is clear. Some reviewers have complained of scratched phones because of dust and other bits getting between the case and the phone. In any event, the case is easy to get on and off, so you can keep checking if you're paranoid about this!

However, the main problem for me is that fitting the case makes the phone a little uncomfortable to use whilst gaming and generally fiddling about with for any length of time. The case's sides have quite sharp edges, and should really have been smoothed over to make the case more comfortable to hold. The part at the bottom of the case where the speaker etc are housed is also unnecessarily jagged.

This is nitpicking though. At the end of the day, it's well made and I'm sure it will offer protection. Plus it's cheap. Give it a whirl.

1.0 out of 5 stars Changes colour, 8 Jun. 2014
Bought his in February for the wife. Its now May and the sides have become a disgusting orange colour.

There is no reason fort his.

1.0 out of 5 stars So close, but yet so far...., 30 Mar. 2015
M. Norton (UK) - See all my reviews
Most of the things about this case are great, apart from one major flaw which could have been so easily sorted by the manufacturers.
Even after using the case, the back of my phone is covered in tiny dents and scratches where muck has worked its way inside the case (between the clear back panel, and the back of my phone).

The reason I bought a case is that as I purchased my phone outright, I wanted to keep it in pristine condition so its worth more when I eventually sell it on. Hence, the purpose of the case was to avoid any damage happening to the phone - a task at which it has failed.

I appreciate that this is something that can happen with all cases with a covered back - however the manufacturers could easily have solved this by supplying a clear protector screen for the back of the phone.

Sure - this seems like a bit of a niggle, but my phone is now probably worth £50 less upon resale due to the condition of the back - which having bought a protective case, seems to signal a problem with the case.

1.0 out of 5 stars the gold is actually beige..., 31 Dec. 2014
H. Wilson "Helonlegs" (UK) - See all my reviews
Totally disappointed with this. Bought in the gold colour which looks lovely bright and sparkly on the screen. In fact it is a very bland beige and the back cover is just clear - makes my phone look awful. Two stars awarded for the fact that the rubber is fairly thick so offers some level of protection at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good case, 3 Aug. 2014
It's a very discreet case that allows the beautiful design of the 5S to be seen, and I feel that it protects better against impact by being a softer rubber rather than a hard plastic that would still transmit all the shock to the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spigen iPhone case for 5, 7 Aug. 2014
Bought for my son who just purchased an Iphone 5. Nice snug fit that looks like it'll give good all round protection.
The supplied screen protector is probably the easiest to apply I've ever used,just one tiny air bubble.