1,575 Reviews
 (1,063)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out...
Published 14 months ago by B. W. Roberts

1.0 out of 5 stars Good case but major flaw
Published 7 months ago by Ollie G

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful, 14 Nov. 2013
B. W. Roberts "BWR" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out there for an iPhone 5/5s case that is (1) sturdy; (2) attractive; (3) not bulky; and (4) has good grip. It's a nice tough rubber edge, with a 1-2mm lip on the face so that you can safely place the phone screen-down. The back plastic feels tough too. Reviewers of the same model in other colors assure us that they have smashed it on cement without the phone breaking. However, it's still a pretty-looking case, and very functional. The power and volume buttons work great, and there's no problem accessing the headphone jack. It's surprisingly thin for how sturdy it feels. Much sleeker than an iPhone 4, and MUCH sleeker than an Otterbox case, which makes it feel like a brick. The grip is just perfect -- slips easily in and out of my pocket, but still feels much more grippy and safe than the iPhone without the case.

For some reason, the clear-back model costs less than others of the same thing with a colored back. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned, as I like the look of the natural back of the iPhone 5s. This is the perfect case for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good case but major flaw, 18 Jun. 2014
I've had the Crystal Clear version of this case for about five months now, and have generally been very happy with the quality and the protection level - however, over the past month or so, the plastic around the edge of the case has started to get a really ugly and noticeable yellow tinge - I have no idea why this would be, as I haven't left my phone out in the sun, nor do I wear fake tan - whilst the plastic covering the back has remained perfectly clear, which leads me to believe this is a manufacturing problem with the Crystal Clear version of the phone.

Upon contacting Spigen, they were completely unhelpful, saying the product only comes with a three month warranty and there was nothing they could do.

DO NOT BUY - I'm sure there are better cases out there that WON'T turn yellow less than a quarter of the way through your phone's life!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Changes colour, 8 Jun. 2014
Bought his in February for the wife. Its now May and the sides have become a disgusting orange colour.

There is no reason fort his.

3.0 out of 5 stars Initially good but tricky to keep looking keen and materials of a 'so-so' quality, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Cover Case for iPhone 5/5S - Metal Slate (Accessory)
Initially well fitting and looks reasonably good but the clear back marks easily, looks awful when dusty (that it seems to attract) and the case started feeling loose quite soon after purchase. The rubberised outer of the case started to feel tacky and dirty also.

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN! Incredibly happy customer :), 26 July 2014
I dropped my phone a few months ago and completely smashed the screen. It took me a few weeks to get the money together to pay to have it repaired and once I did I searched for a case that was going to prevent that from happening again.

Not only is this case very protective, its also cute and EASY to put on and take off. It doesn't hinder the camera, all the buttons work around the sides still and also comes with a free screen protector.

Incredibly cheap and fast delivery. I am very very pleased and when I get sick of the colour I will buy another one :)

1.0 out of 5 stars the gold is actually beige..., 31 Dec. 2014
H. Wilson "Helonlegs" (UK) - See all my reviews
Totally disappointed with this. Bought in the gold colour which looks lovely bright and sparkly on the screen. In fact it is a very bland beige and the back cover is just clear - makes my phone look awful. Two stars awarded for the fact that the rubber is fairly thick so offers some level of protection at least.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, but no space for anything but a very slim, straight earphone jack, 22 Jan. 2014
I was really pleased with this when I got it. It's nice and sturdy without being bulky and fits well. I know my iPhone will be well-cushioned if dropped. However, when it came to slotting in my earbuds' jack (which I have to use as I have really small ears and the iPhone earphones and any other standard in-ear earphones end up hurting my ears after having tried to ram them in to my ears) imagine my dismay when I realised my L-shaped jack plug, which has a slightly wider lip to it than that of the straight iPhone jack plug would not fit as the narrow cutout on the cover around the jack slot prevents you from pushing in the plug to make a connection. Having already thrown away the packaging I am in a dilemma - do I buy another cover with an open bottom and reluctantly ditch this cover, or do I buy another pair of earbuds with a hopefully slimmer and straighter jack plug...?

1.0 out of 5 stars Fortunately I didn't drop my phone at any point, 14 Jan. 2015
I brought this product with the hope of protecting my phone on my travels across America. I was there for 3 months, travelling from New York all the way down to Miami with this phone cover supposedly protecting my iPhone in case of any accidental drops, scratches etc...
Fortunately I didn't drop my phone at any point. Unfortunately what happened was the phone cover decided to destroy my phone anyway! It turns out a little bit of sand got into the back of the case, which was constantly moving around trapped by the case for about a week. Well I finally come back to the UK and decide it's time to remove the case. The back of my phone is scratched, dented, scarred and utterly destroyed, all thanks to this case.
This product has done exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent protection for the price - if you're clumsy go for the Tough Armor or Otterbox Defender though!, 31 Oct. 2014
I've had this installed for six months now and it's been fine.

It doesn't offer as much protection as the tough armor cases so if you're always dropping your phone onto concrete you'd be better off with one of those or an Otterbox Defender.

These are not very bulky at all and keep the look of the iPhone intact.

The phone has been dropped onto wooden floors quite a lot now by my daughter and so far it's fine - the phone can slightly move forward in the case when it's dropped face down as it's not held in that tightly but for the price this does a decent job.

You will need to remove these for cleaning every few weeks though as lint gets in behind the rear of the case quite easily around where the camera area is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good case, 3 Aug. 2014
It's a very discreet case that allows the beautiful design of the 5S to be seen, and I feel that it protects better against impact by being a softer rubber rather than a hard plastic that would still transmit all the shock to the phone.