1,539 Reviews
 (1,096)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s
Published 1 month ago by Paul Spector

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone
Good case, looks nice but after using it for about 3-4 months I noticed it had caused to back of my phone to scuff and now It has little scuffs on it, really annoyed
Published 3 months ago by Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s, 21 July 2014
I did a surprising amount of research when looking for a new case for my iPhone 5. I had previously had a hard 'clip on the back' case from incipio that had served me reasonably well. Unfortunately over time it had broken and I had even taken to gluing it back together because I liked it so much. I should not have delayed buying a new case as this offering from Spigen is fantastic.

I'm a self confessed 'phone dropper' and so when looking for a new case I decided that I needed to beef up the protection somewhat. From having looked at a lot of the market I have seen that the better protection the more clunky the case - I'm looking at you 'Otterbox defender'. However this case offers pretty good protection in a wonderfully petite package.

In terms of protection - The TPU with spiderweb design and the air cushion technology in the corners along with the combination of a hard poly-carbide back plate all amount to pretty awesome shock and drop protection. I have seen a number of drop test videos where the case literally has been thrown down concrete steps and the phone remains undamaged. I have dropped it myself onto my patio - not deliberately of course - and the phone is completely fine.

But the case really comes through in its design - It really is beautiful. The button covers are a tour de force (overly dramatic I hear you say, but well deserved I assure you) and the angled sides actually exacerbate the original design of the iPhone itself. Some reviews hated the back cut out but I find it actually to be really quite a nice design feature. The lay on the table aspect is excellent and sure to save you from scratches when laying it face down somewhere as we so often do. The bottom is fairly open and I have an oversize 3rd party lightning connector that fits beautifully. The weight came in at 31g on one review I watched and it actually gives the rather waif-like iPhone a pleasingly nice solid feel in my opinion.

Also a note on color: I bought the smooth black and I really think it is the best if you have a black iPhone. The slate color has a blue-ish tinge to it and doesn't really match either the iPhone 5 or 5s, so I would strongly suggest the black.

All in all this review is far longer than I had originally intended and I'm sure you all think I need to get out more - I hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful, 14 Nov 2013
B. W. Roberts "BWR" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out there for an iPhone 5/5s case that is (1) sturdy; (2) attractive; (3) not bulky; and (4) has good grip. It's a nice tough rubber edge, with a 1-2mm lip on the face so that you can safely place the phone screen-down. The back plastic feels tough too. Reviewers of the same model in other colors assure us that they have smashed it on cement without the phone breaking. However, it's still a pretty-looking case, and very functional. The power and volume buttons work great, and there's no problem accessing the headphone jack. It's surprisingly thin for how sturdy it feels. Much sleeker than an iPhone 4, and MUCH sleeker than an Otterbox case, which makes it feel like a brick. The grip is just perfect -- slips easily in and out of my pocket, but still feels much more grippy and safe than the iPhone without the case.

For some reason, the clear-back model costs less than others of the same thing with a colored back. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned, as I like the look of the natural back of the iPhone 5s. This is the perfect case for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone, 20 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the price, better than previous Spigen cases., 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: [+Screen Film][AIR CUSHION] Spigen Apple iPhone 5S / 5 Case **New Release** ULTRA HYBRID [Metal Slate] Bumper Case with Air Cushion Technology Corners + [1 FREE Screen Protector + 2 FREE Design Graphics] for iPhone 5S / 5 - ECO-Friendly Package - Metal Slate (SGP10711) (Electronics)
I avoided Spigen products for a while as I wasn't impressed with the last Glas-T screen protector, and the last Spigen case I bought wasn't worth the 25 I spent (didn't last 3 months) but this case changed my mind.

Fits the 5S perfectly, gives adequate protection and doesn't make the handset too bulky.

I like the clear rear panel and comes with a free (good quality) screen protector.

So for 7.99 I'd say this is probably the best iPhone 5 / 5S case for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your phone as light and slimline as intended by Apple but adds robustness and a more hard wearing look, 9 May 2014
This has saved my phone on numerous occasions from drops onto hard surfaces. Looks good too and I get a lot of people asking me where I bought it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality doesn't last, 14 Aug 2014
This review is for the clear ultra thin case. I bought this less than a month ago and it was looking great! Feels good and fits nicely on my 5S. After a couple of weeks, my case started to go from crystal clear to a brown/yellowish piece of crap! I'm really disappointed because spigen are known for quality and great cases! Of course I cleaned it but it just changed! I bought the clear 360 one for my dad and same thing! They don't even let you contact them through here. Don't even bother with their clear cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this as an extra for my phone in the work environment, does exactly what it is intended to do without making the phone look cheap, excellent item and well worth the outlay

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing., 13 Aug 2014
I don't usually leave reviews (I know I ought to) but this product was so impressive I simply had to. The quality of this product at this price is unbelievable. This feels like something Apple makes especially for it, yet it's 20 quid cheaper. I have a black iPhone 5 and the cafe brown colour compliments it beautifully - in fact, the colour is even better in real life than it appears on here. Aside from the sleek, pretty design, it's also pretty tough for what it is (though I'm yet to drop it) and the slight lip on the top/bottom stops the phone from getting scratched/damaged. The product arrived quickly and came with clear instructions, and 2 neat 'inserts' for which you can decorate the case (you can even create your own design!). The only problem I found was that the screen protector was a funny texture and proved very difficult to get the air bumps out, so in the end I binned it. Though in all honesty, the price is beyond worth it even when you take out the screen protector. I've never giddy when it comes to getting a new phone case, yet I was showing everyone the day it arrived. Good work Spigen.

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN! Incredibly happy customer :), 26 July 2014
I dropped my phone a few months ago and completely smashed the screen. It took me a few weeks to get the money together to pay to have it repaired and once I did I searched for a case that was going to prevent that from happening again.

Not only is this case very protective, its also cute and EASY to put on and take off. It doesn't hinder the camera, all the buttons work around the sides still and also comes with a free screen protector.

Incredibly cheap and fast delivery. I am very very pleased and when I get sick of the colour I will buy another one :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ive tried them all...., 13 Aug 2014
Ive tried them all, flip cases, silicone skins, hard plastic cases, but ive never been satisfied with any of them, they all have there faults which quickly become obvious so again, after lots of searching i came accross this armoured case, and decided to go for it, and what can i say, its fantastic, it has a very sturdy feel to it, very robust, i was going for the offer on this case, the ultra black for 7.99 but after reading a few reviews about it here i decided to take the advice and go with the smooth black instead, mainly because the black ultra version had a blue tint to it and i wanted black so opted to pay full price for the smooth black, the ultra also scratches very easily where as the smooth black has a protective coating, well worth the 15 i paid for the smooth black, the delivery was early too, so my advice is if you are looking for a stylish, hard, robust protective case for your iPhone 5s then look no further, this light weight armoured case is perfect and compliments the iPhone 5s and its external features, im sure, like me, you wont be dissappointed!