5.0 out of 5 stars Superb. Buy it,buy it, buy it now.
Published on 23 April 2012 by Pete A (UK)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great when it worked
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. J. A. Linforth

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb. Buy it,buy it, buy it now., 23 April 2012
Superb. If I could rate this higher I would. It does cost more than a regular ipod however the extra is worth it for a product which really works. I have previously bought cheaper models and I have found them to leak water very easily and sound quality has been poor but I have had no such problems using this. The headphones form such a tight comfortable seal around the ear. The delivery was super fast and it came in 4 days to the UK from the US, much faster than advertised. I have just started swimming after years away from the pool. I have found in the past that I would leave the pool out of boredom rather than tiredness and this ipod or swimpod as I have named it , has given me the desire to complete many more lengths than before.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 17 Sep 2012
Used this in the sea and it was excellent, headphone cable is a bit long so need to wear a hat or a swimsuit to tuck the excess into, but the iPod worked underwater no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best waterproof MP3 on the market, 20 Oct 2013
This is my 3rd attempt at a waterproof MP3 player. I decided at this point that it was worth putting a bit more money into a product that will at least work and not break after 3 uses. This IPod Shuffle looks like any other, except you can swim with it. The earphones come in different sizes so you can use the most adaptable size to your ears. Of course sometimes the water gets in the way but you can easily adjust it while you swim to get the best possible sound.
Turn your 30mn swimming workouts into an hour easily, time flies when you're listening to good music. Worth spending the extra money for a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 25 May 2013
I have a couple of cheap waterproof MP3 players but these play the same tracks in the order loaded each time and this is annoying for someone who swims daily, and would require me to shuffle my tracks and reload daily. I really wanted the shuffle mode to give me unexpected variety as I swim. This met my needs, and more. I thought the delivery charge was a bit high, but it arrived about three days after ordering it, from overseas, so I was very pleased with that. I have seen nothing but positive comments on Waterfi as a company, they seem to respond quickly to any concerns from customers or potential customers and appear to have a great approach to repair/replacement if needed.

Two things to stress. The 'gunk' used to waterproof the product can make the action buttons a little stiff at first. Just give them a good hard push a few times and everything will work fine. Also, it's recommended that the device is turned off using the pause button in the middle, which will auto shut down the device, rather than sliding the top button to the off position. Obviously, any repeated fiddling with that button is likely to have an adverse effect on the waterproofing innards over time.

The ability to get the voice-over to announce the artist and track title is great - although I enjoy playing 'guess that tune' and only press it when defeated. The waterproof earplugs supplied are good quality and don't cause any problems to me when I'm swimming, plus they keep the water out of my ears so it's a double win. I tuck the spare wire into my cleavage... I'm not sure where men would stuff it. I also wear the iPod on the strap of my swimming costume or just above the cleavage. Men may need to use an arm band or goggles, I guess... or wear an old fashioned one piece costume. A trailing wire from the trunks could be awkward. I swim a sedate breast stroke with my head above water (annoying granny style), so I don't know how this would cope with a vigorous front crawl but I don't think it would cause any problems.

The ability to listen to my choice of music on shuffle mode when swimming has transformed my swim time from a chore to a pleasure. I used to count my lengths and it was boring and I noticed back pain after about 45 minutes. For the last couple of days I have swum for 3 hours each day and could easily have gone on longer. I no longer count 'lengths', just 'hours' in the pool. I don't look at the clock and calculate 'urgh, 27 lengths to go' and count them down painfully, I think 'ooh, goody, another 7 or 8 tracks to listen to' and wonder what'll come up next.

I've had other swimmers comment on this device when I'm wearing it, some saying they didn't realise that iPods were waterproof, and I've had to quickly explain that normal ones aren't! I go on to explain how this one is made waterproof and where to buy it from. Yesterday, I let a fellow swimmer do a couple of lengths with my Waterfi on and she loved it. I think she was off home to order one, last I knew... maybe she's here, reading this.

It does require the user to have iTunes installed on their computers to transfer the music over to the iPod. I wasn't an iTunes user (happy Luddite with Windows Media Player) but it was free and simple to download and easy to work out how to operate. I set up a playlist of my favourite tracks and iTunes auto-filled my iPod with a random selection of these tracks. I've now worked out how to delete these from my iPod and reload a fresh selection from iTunes. This shouldn't be a problem for the more 'mature' swimmer (there's many of us/them) but any problems would be easily resolved by your kids/grandkids... they're good with technology and it's a good excuse to get them to visit! You have to set up the 'voice over' option from within iTunes. This is simple to do under the iPod preferences when it recognises the device plugged in to the USB.

The battery life seems good. I did get a 'batt low' audible warning, mid swim, one day. It gave me an extra 25 minutes after this warning before shutting down, and boy, did I miss it. :(

Be warned, you may find yourself swimming erratically, depending on the speed of the track, and I did find myself singing along when I thought I was alone (but wasn't) and this wasn't such a good idea (mclusky - There ain't no fool in Ferguson - chorus... the staff seemed a little upset by my apparent assessment of their establishment). I have also downloaded a few free audiobooks (loads of websites offering these) and listened to 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' in full during one swim. Many audiobooks are downloaded in chapters, so you'll want to turn the shuffle mode off or things could get messy.

So, fantastic product, great delivery, caring company, considerably enhanced exercise time... and it's great in the bath too!

4.0 out of 5 stars New favourite toy - earphones not that great though, 18 Oct 2013
Dana (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This little gadget has made my swim so much less tedious. Now I get a whole extra hour of audiobook in, while swimming up and down the pool. It's awesome. And the headphone cord is really short, so it clips on to your goggles without trailing yards of cable.

When I received my order, one ear of the headphones was so quiet and muffled that I could scarcely hear anything, but when I notified the merchant, they sent a replacement pair immediately - can't fault their customer service. My only complaint is that the swappable earpieces are a bit fiddly, and easy to accidentally dislodge. And despite having various shapes and sizes of earpiece, I have to readjust the headphones quite a bit to keep them from falling out and to keep the sound consistent. That may just be the shape of my ear canals however. Overall it's a great product.

Edit - a couple of months down the track and the second pair of earphones are not working out that well. If I'm lucky, I get 10 mins of good sound out of them before one or both ears get too muffled to hear. Not great :/ I've ordered some to try from h2o, and a second pair of 4 cheapies. I'll be interested to see if I have a better experience with them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great when it worked, 13 May 2014
I loved my Waterfi when it came - was brilliant for 2-3 weeks then died - totally wouldn't charge so I contacted Amazon and they were very good took it back - immediate refund etc and I ordered another thinking I had just been unlucky. Sadly not the case - second Waterfi failed after 3-4weeks - same thing wouldn't charge - contacted Waterfi who again had very good customer service but no solution to my problem. Offered to fix it if I sent it back to the States but it wasn't old enough for me to be faffed with doing that. Amazon refunded immediately and I looked for an alternative. Sony waterproof was even worse - hard to get a seal in the ear canal so often couldn't hear it and then that got a dodgy headphone so retruned - amazon again very good refunded no questions asked.. Now on a Finis Neptune - which is odd but works and breaks up the monotony of 84 lengths of swimming in the morning - best used with ear buds to hear in and out of water - not the best sound but at least it works and is half the price. Good luck fellow swimmers - seems there still isn't an ideal solution to swimming with good quality music...

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Headphones, 25 Nov 2013
To start with the one plus, the iPod itself did seem to be waterproof and functioned as any normal iPod would. However, this is completely irrelevant given that the headphones are not even close to being useable. I swim freestyle at a reasonable pace and could not get any of the provided 3 pairs of headphones to stay in for more than one length. In addition, even when they were in, they did not form a seal and still let water into my ears. In the end I had to stop using the iPod and put my earplugs in as I could not use this product. It may be reasonable for people swimming slow-paced breaststroke, but for any other stroke/pace I would strongly advise against this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good and works, 9 April 2014
I love it . It has made swimming all those lengths easier. The sound is great and the small lead works well. Great item

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this for my mum for her birthday who swims daily, she loves it! Only problem being its difficult to keep track of how many lengths you have done!

4.0 out of 5 stars WELL HAPPY, 16 May 2013
would have given 5 stars but for headphones not being megga comfy. Overall, I love the product. This is the fourth waterproof hifi I have bought and I wish I had bought this one first and saved the messing about with other cheaper products.