Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.00

on 19 February 2014
The name of this small town suggests its a safe place to be,but after an event happpens,its the last place on earth you would want to be.The town and those inside on the 4th july end up on a tour of something like Dantes 7 visions of hell.Part sci fi/horror that would be enjoyed by those who enjoyed tv shows like lost and the dome,although the book takes nothing much from these.Jeremy bishop states that the book pans out like a tv series,and this it does very well with the bonus that you dont have to wait until next week for the next episode.The fact that the 5 sections of the book were co written with other writers did not spoil the style-you would assume it was written by one.My opinion,it was a great read and did so in 3 nights.It was the kind of story one would expect from mr king.More like this,please mr bishop.
on 2 September 2014
I started reading Refuge hoping to be entertained. Instead I was not only entertained, but also thrown into a world of excitement, adventure and good solid story telling with good, strong characters that you could connect to.

The authors promised us five books that would comprise of a "first season" if this were made for television, and you can tell that was their intention when you read this book. From the start you are thrown into an intriguing mystery of mysterious church bells, changing landscapes and all manner of monsters.

But that's not all. The characters feel real as well. You feel that, somehow, you know people in your own life that are like the characters in this book. You can connect to them. They don't just help the plot to move forward. They also have their own little personal stories going on. That is the glue that holds these five books together. The characters. And just when you think you know everyone there is to know in the town, Bishop then introduces more to get to know and become involved with.

If anything "Refuge" reminded me a little like Stephen King's "Under the Dome", featuring a town isolated from the outside world, full of mystery and intrigue, but, thankfully, with some answers as well. It's funny, scary, exciting and at some times terrifying.

Each book is co-written by different authors, but they all connect to each other seamlessly as if written by one. By the end of the book I was crying out for more. I'd definitely recommend "Refuge" to other readers.
on 26 January 2014
Like another review on here I was a little sceptical about reading 5 books by 5 different authors, most who I have read individually.
These guys are genius it absolutely works, I quite literally could not put these books down!

I can not recommend this series highly enough and for books 1-5 it's a bargain price too, so what more do you need?
A fantastic read, by some truly great authors, for a great price!
on 27 June 2014
The town of Refuge is a relatively nice little small town, until the church bell rings and suddenly everyone in town wishes they had left the day before. Never in the same place twice, this book takes you to some strange places and you meet some frightening monstrosities along the way, with sci-fi twists and action turns right up to the end of this powerhouse.
The mix of sci-fi/action/horror is something rarely done good, let alone right and Jeremy Bishop and Company all did a very good job. They and other authors like them are the ones who should be in charge of what's on our idiot boxes and movie screens. Instead of the special effects laden, story deficient drivel and "Reality" TV that has replaced most of our serial TV shows, except for Lawyer/Crime dramas- because there aren't enough of those, right?
If you like anything I've said here, read this omnibus. You will enjoy it.
Then tell Jeremy Bishop, Jeremy Robinson, Daniel Boucher, Robert Swartwood, David McAfee, and of course Kane Gilmour you want more like it!
on 15 October 2015
O.M.G!!! I can honestly say I've never read anything like this book - and I absolutely loved it! Each time Refuge 'shifted' to another place, it was like reading a new novel all over again, as the dangers were so diverse and scary! The characters were great, the unlikely hero was great, and each of the survivors had a roll to fill. The writing was excellent, and at times really edge of the seat stuff. I do hope there's going to be a sequel to the book - PLEASE Jeremy, don't let it end like this!!! What a brilliant film this would make. I'm not going to go into detail about the story - just read it for yourself and see if you get as hooked on it as I've been. I'm really sad that I've finished it, which just goes to show what a great book it is.Fans of action, adventure, sci-fi, horror, will love it, as it has something for everyone. Marvellous read.
on 15 January 2014
If you are anything like me, you are looking at this and thinking.....five parts and five different authors, this is not going to work. But like me, you would be very wrong. It worked wonderfully, the authors really complimented each other and the story flows pretty flawlessly. Jeremy Bishop has once again created great, memorable characters and brought together a group of talented authors to tell an interesting tale.
This series captures your attention and imagination, you cannot help but wonder what is happening to the town of Refuge. I couldn't put the book down, I refused to sleep until I had finished. What a wild ride!
The only negative thing I can say is that it ends, like all good things. But I really hope we will see more of Refuge in the future, fingers crossed.
on 30 December 2014
I had this title on my wish list for ages, something about the premise in the blurb kept nagging at me "read something other than zombie and werewolf books for goodness sake" so I did and I was so glad I did, it's very difficult to comment beyond the blurb without spoiling the ride so I won't, all I'll say is take a chance and read it, if like me Laymon, Straub, King and Herbert formed part of your history in horror then you will find all the aspects you enjoyed right here
on 3 July 2014
I could not put this book down, I don't know if I could have waited for each book to come out (even though it was only a couple weeks between each release). If you want a fun, fast paced, insane nightmare filled book, this is the one for you. Robinson and crew did an amazing job on this series and you will not be disappointed. This would make an awesome movie or mini-series, as long as Robinson was involved.
on 9 June 2016
Breathtaking. Jeremy Bishop is my favourite alias of this amazing author. You can download the whole refuge series as one book which you must do. This is an mindblowing story that will keep you hooked from start to finish
on 5 August 2015
Excellent entertainment, a nice smooth flow through the five books. Unlike some books, it was hard to predict . A coordinated finish, can't wait for the follow up.