on 7 November 2011
A good book but really requires the Kennedy Primer to go with it unless you have a prior knowledge of latin. I found it useful for the set phrases. A little old fashioned, you need a knowledge of English grammar to properly keep up.
on 2 June 2014
OK, so this was the set text for Latin classes at Uni, so I sort of had to get it, but its still good. Not for the general reader, I mist say, and perhaps a little daunting for the total beginner, but more accessible if used alongside other resources like the National Archives Online Latin course or a Latin Primer. In my opinion, an essential text to consider for anyone learning Medieval Latin for the purpose of reading manuscripts and written documents.
on 12 March 2012
The quality of this book was as described and it was delivered promptly. It was very useful in helping me to learn enough latin to help me to translate medieval chrch documnets.
on 18 August 2015
It's a textbook on Medieval Latin - good examples of documents; grammatical explanations. Only comprehensible if you know something about Latin grammar to begin with.
on 12 February 2015
Useful book for basic latin