‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing second album!!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Katy B's second album little red is nothing short of stunning!..her amazing voice propels these dance tracks sky high making the already brilliant productions much more than what they already are giving them real emotion and weight which is rarely heard of in this genre of music!.katy B is one of our most exciting artists we have in the industry at the moment!(i know everyone's prob heard this all before)but i would definitely go as far to say she's(our)the uk's answer to the next Madonna keeping one foot in the underground,and one in the mainstream.little red is full of pumping house tracks that remind you of being in the 90's but also sounding fresh for the noughties:-)..its not just house there is some r&b,dub step and pop mixed in too every track is stunning and innovative..much like on a mission her first album but goes one step beyond..plus crying for no reason is just such a brilliant pop/dance ballad crossover and her voice on this track is nothing short of AMAZING!..if you haven't already done so buy this album..the dance album of the year!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sky's The Limit!, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
If you're going to spend over three years putting together a pop album, you might as well make sure it's packed with hooks and hits, which Little Red undoubtedly is.

It's gone straight in at Number One, of course, and a lot of those purchases will have been of the Deluxe version - which is well worth the extra spend, for the extra tracks, sure - but mainly because the continuous mix of re-ordered tracks, and occasionally reworked versions really does compensate for the more mainstream vibe of Little Red overall (compared with its predecessor, On A Mission).

Best of all, it hints at the proper housed-up treats we can look forward to when MONSTER tracks like Aaliyah and I Like You get the remix treatment, as I think we can expect they will.

Katy's duet with Jessie Ware manages to be hypnotic, with a killer chorus, swirling, insistent self-vocalled backing, AND suberbly produced, with interesting, stripped-down electro sounds, yet this is the one that we'll be hearing on daytime radio in ten years' time. And when Jessie's deliciously chilly, semi-detached solo comes in, an already instant hit becomes twice as effective, just like that - hope it gives her the international profile SHE's been denied up to now.

You've heard 5am and Crying For No Reason, so no need to tell you about those - both very strong. Where both the regular version of Little Red and the continuous mix fall down a little bit for me (but, I'm sure, NOT for millions of downloaders worldwide) is where the production and vocals get a bit - whisper it - Rihanna-ish. I'm talking about All My Loving, Emotions, Hot Like Fire, Still and Wicked Love. On the bonus disk, most of these are shoved on towards the end.

I Like You, on the other hand comes across like Show Me Love (Robyn S) Part 2 - pure mid-90s bliss. Blue Eyes is two-step heaven with a sassy, fun lyric and Sky's The Limit (you'll have to buy the Deluxe version, pop-pickers) is a classic, defiant break-up song with a...err, sassy, fun lyric. Remixed expertly enough (and she 's barely put a foot wrong so far), I reckon that could even be another single - although I love it just as it is (I don't know how many of you reading this will remember Cathy Dennis as a singer, rather than a songwriter - LOL). Special mention also to Play (feat. Sampha) and the shimmering, melodic Sapphire Blue.

VERY hard to predict how many singles could be milked from this album though. Might be a lot! In a recent interview, Katy said that when she goes to Brixton McDonalds in the wee small hours, `I still do it, but I pull my hoodie up a bit more.'

Don't think you're going to have much time for that for the next couple of years, luv - your feet won't be touching the ground long enough ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I album of her's I have bought and it is fab.I would tell my friends to buy it is they haven't already

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Katy B returns with her follow on album, which is simply amazing. She mixes it up even more with great catchy lyrics and dropping the beats to get you going. Recommend to any Katy B fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Audio CD)
I bought this for my husband on his birthday as he likes this kind of music. He listens to it in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Katy B matures, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Less raw dubstep, more mainstream overall than Mission. Credit to her for co-writing all the material and giving good value on the deluxe pack with several extra songs. No vinyl option, I wonder why not?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Can't stop listening to this album - It's great! I special ordered it from the UK since it has not been released in the US.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Love this album so much. For the number of songs I expected to get bored but quite the opposite.....it's brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality album, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I am a big drum and bass head. I loved this album amazing songs and amazing production.

I would rate this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stonking!, 6 Mar 2014
A. Cheeseman (Exeter, Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Red (Deluxe) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Only listened to this once so far but even on the first time around there are some absolutely stonking, catchy tunes here. Well worth adding to your music collection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›