Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 27 January 2014
From first to last page, this is a thriller that you won't want to put down. It's an action-packed story that spans decades and continents; the characters of Madeleine and the American are brilliantly portrayed and the attention to detail of the plot is amazing. When you get to the end you will be exhausted! I loved it and can't wait for more from this author!
on 6 May 2015
Really, really enjoyed this book! I love thrillers, especially those with a bit of a supernatural edge, but this is a really complex novel with lots of layers and surprises - very refreshing to be able to work out what's going on, but only sort of, and actually maybe not, or not quite as you thought, or possibly not what you thought, or who you thought ...
It's not the sort of book where you settle in to the story after a few chapters - but I couldn't put it down because I just needed to know more about the characters and more about the very strange circumstances that bring them together.
It reminded me a bit of the '100 year old man who jumped out of the window' - you never know what's round the next corner! Thanks Martin!
on 5 March 2014
I very much enjoyed reading Martin's first book, A Moment's Surrender. His latest book is in a different style but grips you from the start, a woman on a train with human blood under her fingernails and the complications of events that brought her to that point. Martin is not afraid of unlikeable characters and showing the bleakness in life but they are all interwoven into a story that engrosses and gathers pace as it leads you to the conclusion. The woman on the train is admirably resourceful and so adaptable that we never discover her real name. As the story unfolds we discover that she has had to survive against the odds from a very young age, her fight for life is a battle over time with a fitting end.
on 20 February 2014
I really enjoyed this book, despite almost never reading thrillers. The plot gripped me from start to finish and left me in suspense all the way through. I found myself reading and constantly trying to untangle the different threads and characters' lives.

I'll definitely be reading more of Martin Torjussen's work.
on 30 July 2014
I read the reviews of The Dead Leave No Addresses (great title) and couldn't decide whether to buy this novel or not. I was gripped from the first chapter, though, and I read it through in a couple of sittings. I loved it.

I was reminded in parts of Paul Auster, particularly his novel The Music of Chance. Like Auster, Torjussen's characters are both weird and wonderfully drawn.

I think some reviewers here have missed the point and it might be due to this appearing in the thriller category. I agree it's not your typical thriller; it's far more complex than that and its eloquent and literary style isn't usually associated with that genre, but it certainly is a suspenseful and fast paced novel which will keep you guessing right up to the end. It also has characters and settings that I know I'll be thinking about for a long time.
on 20 February 2014
Superb read from start to finish, interesting characters, great plot. I particularly liked the way they were interwoven and would recommend it to anybody who enjoys a good thriller. I had a job to put it down
on 5 February 2014
Really loved this book and found it hard to put down. Love this author. If you like thrillers you will like this book.
on 6 February 2014
A bit slow at start but eventually really gets into it with plenty of turns and twists
A great read
on 7 November 2014
Great thriller with quite an unusual storyline. It is well worth a read as the chasing around and the connections of the characters keep you enthralled.
on 23 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book. Great story, with great twists. It was a real page turner and I'm looking forward to more from this author.