1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Mission: Lullaby, 6 Feb. 2014
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Mission: Lullaby marks the end of the six-book Fangs Vampire Spy series, and it quite literally goes out with a bang (or starts with one, if I'm being exact). All the usual characters make an appearance - Fangs, Puppy Brown, Phlem, Cube, Miss Bile - along with a couple of new faces, including Derek Dopper the troll and supervillain Mr Big.

Mr Big's identity will remain a mystery for anyone who hasn't yet read the book, but I will say he's one of my favourite characters from this whole series. I loved him and his deceptively misleading name! I wish we'd seen more of him (more Cartoon Saloon illustrations, please!) and his fellow criminals - they were all brilliant and memorable. I won't be forgetting Mr Big in a rush!

I've enjoyed every one of these Fangs Vampire Spy books and am sad to see the series end. Like Scream Street before it, this series is one of the best out there for readers aged 8-12 and I hope Fangs will reappear one day. Imagine if Fangs and Puppy met the Scream Street gang - now that would be amazing! I can't wait to see what Tommy Donbavand writes next; no doubt it'll be just as good as all his other books, if not better. Let the waiting commence!