Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.11

on 15 May 2014
Tom’s marriage proposal should have opened up a path to a happy future for Jayne. Instead, it causes memories from the past to overwhelm and trap her, preventing her from moving forward with her life. How can she break free?

This is a tender story of a woman coming to terms with a traumatic childhood. She initially has to allow herself to remember and to feel. She almost falls apart in order to put herself back together again. She is helped in the healing process by friends and family, and by one special person in particular.

I love how the author weaves the musical theme through the story to illustrate Jayne’s feelings. Although the story is set in modern times, and deals with difficult, sensitive issues, there’s a lovely, old-fashioned air about the book, which I find comforting and reassuring.

While the plotting is good, there’s a misunderstanding that’s crucial to the plot that I feel a little ambivalent about. What is far more successful is the fact that the author keeps the reader guessing right up until the end how things are going to turn out for Jayne.
on 1 February 2014
Couldn't put it down once I'd started , emotionally charged but also with twists and turns kept me wanting more . It was quite humorous but it did touch on serious subjects. I have no hesitation in recommending this book.
Jane Smith
on 30 March 2014
I've read other books by Christine Campbell and enjoyed them, so I had to read her latest book. It deals with the very difficult issue of child abuse (there aren't any graphic details), but it is a positive book and focuses on the recovery of the heroine and how she eventually achieves it. There are different shades of humour and pathos which added depth to Flying Free and enough twists to keep me wondering and interested in plot and characters. Happy to recommend.
on 28 December 2014
I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be so good!!! I was silenced by each page!!!I found I both understood and cared about the characters..it was sensitively handled....I could not put it down!!!! I am waiting for the sequel Christine? X
on 21 April 2014
A brave author touching on these subjects but done tastefully and with feeling. A book that makes you think. Worth reading
on 8 March 2016
Beautifully written, story telling as an art form
on 6 July 2014