5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 April 2011
I don't own this DVD set yet but just wanted to review the actual content.
The Big C has to be one of the most emotional dramas I have ever seen. I am so surprised how few people actually watch it in the UK.
It has been the highlight of my Thursdays to watch it.

I have tried to tell people about the drama and the only response I ever get is "that sounds like a barrel of laughs", oddly enough it is. I am 28 and my 48 year old mother also enjoys watching it.

Can not wait for the second season.
If you have not seen this series or you have missed a couple of episodes, GET IT ON DVD!!!

I'd give it *************** (slightly more than the 5 star limit on Amazon!)

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, 10 Jun 2014
Funny and sad in all the right places. It gives cancer the big f u yet remains tasteful. Love first series so I cannot wait to watch the rest.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Big C, 4 Jun 2014
I have only watched first episode so far. , but could feel real empathy on problems of telling family of her condition . As indicated by the title , there is no good or easy way of passing the dreaded news on to others .I speak from personal experience , thankfully now my own condition is in remission , but in my own case I even felt guilty that I had let my family down by burdening them with this most unwelcome news .Also , one finds out the hard way , there really is no way when once diagnosed with cancer , that one can feel really cured of the dread illness .

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, quirky, sad, enjoyable light comedy on heavy matters..., 8 Aug 2011
Laura Linney does a great job in helping to create such a wonderful series that take a light approach on a such heavy matter. If you have stage four cancer, how do you react knowing the possibilities of you living in this world has been cut short? "The Big C' celebrates the trials and the tribulations by approaching the issue by not being so dead serious.
Yes, it does sometimes ventures into some serious scenes but they are done with a pinch of salt enough just enough to sting but not to hurt the already walking wounded of the main character. I do not want to give the stories away, but I can guarantee you will love this. The supporting casts are top-notch and I do recommend this wholeheartedly. Not to be missed! Buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars you'll laugh, you'll cry, 29 April 2011
Laura Linney (Cathy) delivers a charismatic and charming performance. This series deals with the emotional impact terminal illness has on an intelligent, warm and beautiful woman, her family and those close to her. This is the great hook of the series - Cathy doesn't look ill, and it gives us hope for her. We fall in love with her as others around her do too.

Laura Linney is excellent, recalling the dignified performance in "John Adams" and the sadness from her doomed love affair in "Love Actually".

Prepare yourself, The Big C is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 April 2011
Honestly loved this on. The humour is great and you will definetly be in tears at some point. The series is actually really inspiring and I know of someone who quit her boring job to go do something more exciting with her life only 5 or 6 episodes in, she swears down it was The Big C that made her want to enjoy herself and get out of her rut.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 29 April 2011
Just finished watching the series on Ch 4 and came on here to see if I can buy it, which luckily for me in a few short days I can.
The characters are fantastic, real and very amusing in parts. It has all the elements I like in a something to watch, fun, laughter, and tears. Well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem, 28 April 2011
I've just finished watching this series. It is outstanding, a true gem!

It is about a woman coming to terms with her (very probably) terminal cancer in her own unorthodox way.

This is a touching and amazing series that is easily worth the bargain price. The acting is superb, the plot is truly great and the series leaves a lasting impression. If only all TV series could be this good.

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing, 28 April 2011
A refreshing series dealing with something that has likely touched a vast majority of our lives. The perfect mix of comedy and tragedy, the writing is really sharp and I found myself drawn in by Laura Linney's fatastic performance.

Highly emotional but never outstaying it's welcome, this heartwarming series is well worth your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The big C Season 1., 4 July 2011
Like Laura Linney's acting the whole series is excellent and the rest of the cast
were brilliant in support.
I also have cancer and fully empathize with the character Cathy the story line hits
the nail right on the head please let there be a second series.

Ronnie W.