on 19 March 2014
Although people read books for varying reasons, study, research , relaxing etc. I am no exception from this although if the criteria was for enjoyment I have to give this book 5 stars . It was an excellent story. I really thought the description of the Aliens , UFOs and all that surrounded them made them very believable. The media have portrayed similar descriptions over the years added to that witness reports, The reader has an image easy to recognize which makes it more believable. A really entertaining book. The combination of the Special Forces really married the story . As it would in reality One of those books I personally enjoyed from beginning to end.
It is listed as Science Fiction. Who knows ??
on 4 April 2014
Considering the price,an excellent book. Unputdownable really. I finished it in record time. Militarily, very close,as I study the military. With family members in the forces the technicality of it is virtually spot on. Recommended!
on 2 May 2014
A very different book to the other ones i normally read, i have recommended this one to my wife, it was interesting from the start to the finish. In my view the best book i have read this year.
on 17 February 2014
PM Crowley has the gift of creating a great story, and telling it in a compelling way. Fast moving and furious action make this, like his other novels, compelling and a great read. I love the way he creates a political sub-plot, which migrates from book to book, and hopefully will continue onto the next books. Equally, the way the gritty hero reacts to the unexpected sci-fi element of this story, is great to perceive, and consistent with Jonn davies' character - all in all a great read, and a good lengh of book to really get into. Well done, keep 'em coming!
on 23 March 2015
Really, what a missed opportunity. The storyline has such potential; it's unique, so well done on that. However, that's the end of the good I'm afraid - I finished the book because I really cannot stand leaving a book half-read, and because I thought the imaginative storyline deserved it. But, who on earth is proof reading and editing? The quality of the English writing is appalling - unfortunately this is a theme throughout PM Crowley's books - the grammar is just plain bad.
on 7 June 2014
Don't know why I finished reading this book I suppose I had to find out how it ended, won't be buying another by this author.
on 20 January 2014
loved the sci-fi idea. however, i got bored with the chapters in the scottish woods. very repetitive so i skipped several whole chapters! it would be better if they were cut right back i feel. less is more where rolling action stories are concerned. having had a little moan, i loved the theme- a nice change and i love jonny and his lads. keep em coming please. well done.
on 7 February 2014
I chose three stars because it was an entertaining read, however there were issues of credibility and ambiguity, what were the Muslim terrorists for I missed what they added to the story, why did the captive aliens begin to die from atmospheric exposure when their siblings thrived in it. Despite this action packed worthwhile reading.
on 20 March 2015
I don't do science fiction, but having the characters in it that I've read previously I thought I would try it out and for the most part it was brilliant, full of action as always but the spelling mistakes were shocking! Who ever is proofreading it needs to be sacked, but all in all it is an excellent!!!!
on 18 February 2014
Well i am no speller but the Kindle version is full of simple mistakes, not sure now if the author is doing this deliberately. Jonny and gang are most enjoyable characters. Story face paced and as always full of firefights, close escapes and action. Ive read them all now and all are good reads