This DOES include 4 games the first and fourth are XBLA (Xbox live arcade) games blood dragon always has been!!!

Published 22 days ago by Thomas E Hemmings

2.0 out of 5 stars DLC not explained
By Mr. Dissapointed, but I still rate Amazon.

The box art states "Includes 4 Games", the product description states Includes Far Cry Classic, Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. What people are neglecting to state is that Far Cry Classic and Blood Dragon are DLC.

I opened the case expecting 4 discs or at least all 4 games on...
Published 4 months ago by Wayne

5.0 out of 5 stars Full review of all games below (bar one at this stage) GREAT GAMES, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

I have never been interested in these titles in the past hell I even thought that blood dragon was DLC, it's not it's a stand alone game. And then E3 happened and I saw a trailer for farcry 4 and boy does that game look great, well being a slight complionist (apologies for any spelling errors.) I thought 'I don't want to miss out on any story details' and so I took the plunge and bought this collection, this is what I thought:-

Firstly I will mention that all games are stand alone stories and are not needed for the other games story lines.

Again, and I am stressing this cause of the negative reviews based strictly on this reason, this does come with 4 games farcry and farcry3 blood dragon are XBLA games and therefore come with a download code to redeem the game at no extra cost, the code should be in the box if it is not in the box then return the game until it is, unless you buy second hand in which case the person who had your copy before has already redeemed the code. Farcry 2 and farcry 3 are both on disc and are the only two on discs. It does say this in the product description.

Please enjoy my review:

Far cry:

As I mention before this for the 360 was a XBLA game and so therefore this is a download, code included in the box.

Anyone who has played crysis, well this is the beta for that. The first game was developed by crytek so the game plays out exactly like crysis, but being earlier it has it's flaws in gameplay.

This game is levelled based but like crysis the levels are large and allow for multiple options to complete a level, it's not very large and if your like me you'll play this game on easy just to see what the relevance is to the rest of the franchise. (Non what so ever... Mutants)

It's still a good game to play and if your anything like me you'll sit there and wonder 'why didn't I pick this up when it was out originally' especially when you think about the games that were out back then.

Farcry 2:

Game on a disc.

Crytek, obviously distracted with crysis, sold the rights to Ubisoft. Ubisoft made some changes and mean changes, it's no longer levelled based, it's an open world shooter.

The stories good but you can get a little lost without cut scenes, so just be sure if someone's speak look right at them and listen. It plays well enough but you can sometimes find that invisible walls and snags can stop you from getting anywhere fast in a car or on a boat. The game is split into three segments, two large playing areas used for act 1 and act 2 and a third smaller area for the endgame. There is one major flaw that left me a little fed up with the game about half way through act 2, and this is magical respawning guard posts, you can have literally finished off the last man walk round a corner think actually I need ammo and find that every man has just respawned within those 5 seconds, after about 25 hrs of gameplay (complionist) this does get rather boring and frustrating.

That a side this is another good game compitant and very refreshing, I would even say that ubisoft rescued the franchise from cryteks clutches. If they learn from their mistakes from previous games then future far cry games are worth being excited about.

Farcry 3:

Game on a disc.

I'm only in the early stages of this third game (the medusa) and the game has shot right up into my favourites along with mass effect, skyrim and fallout. This is now an RPG, not quite to the extent of the three I just previously mentioned but close enough. You can see the influences of assassins creed in this game from how the map is laid out, and how tidy it is for complionists to be aware of what they have already collected and what they need.

I find myself mostly tracking and hunting animals to upgrade my equipment, and climbing up towers in order to scan an area (yes exactly like assassins creed) and then going to take out guard posts to make the area more secure for me to traverse.

There is no need to worry about losing plot points for the story as there are clear cut scenes all from first person and they are merged with the game itself unnoticeable except for losing control of the charecter so he can look at what were supposed to see for the benefit of the story. (I install all my games to my 360 to avoid to slow loading screens).

The gameplay has taken from the previous two games its, as far as I'm aware, completely open world to you right away. You can now tag somebody with camera much like the tagging system in 1 and in the crysis games.

As early as I am into this game I would say that the price of this collection is worth paying just for this third instalment alone, it's stunning to look at, the story is gripping, and the characters are fascinating a must buy (17.99 from retailers). I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick this up earlier.

Farcry 3 blood dragon:

Again like the first game, this was an XBLA game on release for the 360 and so therefore comes with a code to download the game IN THE BOX!!!!

I haven't played this one yet as I am early into farcry 3, but from what I've heard it's 80's movie mania with farcry 3 gameplay so I'm excited.

As I said at the top I bought this game cause I liked the look of farcry 4 and I had never even thought about playing these games in the past. Well after playing it for the past 3 weeks I can safely say it is worth the money, a must buy for fans of RPG's and shooters a like, I can't wait to see the next gen improvements in the 4th game now, it's going to be fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Had it a while and still haven't finished everything and for this price you can't argue!

2.0 out of 5 stars DLC not explained, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
By Mr. Dissapointed, but I still rate Amazon.

I opened the case expecting 4 discs or at least all 4 games on discs.
As soon as I saw that 2 games are supplied with codes for download I traded the lot in, maybe I should have returned it for misleading information.

I had a nasty experience with DLC when I changed to a new Xbox, all my DLC went to demo mode.Even transfering licenses and all the other rigmarole that Microsoft puts you through didn't re-activate them. They would only work fully if I was connected to Xbox Live. The only fix was to download the whole (expletif) lot again to obtain the licenses.
I want my games on a Disc so I can delete them off my hard drive knowing there is a copy in a drawer somwhere (with a license).
Not cluttering up my hard drive or USB stick.

I recommend you only buy this box-set, if you can call it that, if you are happy with someone else keeping stuff you' ve paid for on a cloud somwhere (DLC).

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS ADVERTISED, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This product implies it contains 4 games. It does not. It does not contain BLOOD DRAGON and it does not contain FAR CRY 1.

You must purchase this cassette then download those two games. Which - if I could download BLOOD DRAGON - wouldn't I have done it six months ago when it came out originally?

I don't get what this offering is therefore supposed to be. I don't want to download it. I wanted it on a disc, which is what this product implies it is.

The fine print explaining this grants you access to a digital copy is also really grating. It implies Ubisoft knew it was offering something that would not be hugely desirable. It also implies Ubisoft were aware I'd only come to realize this once I got the product in the mail...

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS ADVERTISED! Not all games are included on disks!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Far Cry 1 and Far Cry: Blood Dragon do not come on disks, you just get 2 pieces of paper with download codes on them. Very, very, very disappointed!

Yes, you do get "access" to all four games, but I waited 10 damn years for Far Cry 1 to be released on consoles and I wanted it on disk as that's how I prefer to own my games. All I get is a piece of paper with a code on it? Crap.

If you already own Far Cry 2 and 3 it's cheaper if you just download Far Cry 1 and Blood Dragon from Xbox Arcade, rather than waste your money on this.

Plus the console port of Far Cry 1 is a fairly poor. Lots of graphical glitches, minimal customisable options and poorly explained controls - to select your weapon you must hold LB, but nowhere in the instructions does it say this. I also seem to remember the PC version having recoil on the weapons, but there is no recoil whatsoever in this version.

Hard to recommend unless you can get this really cheap and you've never played the Far Cry games before - just make sure you buy a copy with unused download codes!

5.0 out of 5 stars XBOX game, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Bought it for my son and he is very happy with it. Well he must be as I never see him off the thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is blood dragon ?, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
When this arrived I opened it and found only 2 games in it witch were far cry 3 and far cry 2 both of witch I have already got, it turns out that blood dragon and the classic game are downloads and don't come in disc form. Very disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 27 Feb 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
First of all I know that Amazon does not state that 2 games are dlc but I dont see why people are so upset about it?

Anyways, I have so far played a bit of farcry 2 +1 and both are fun but farcry 3 is amazing! There is a ton of stuff to be done, hunt animals anew collect herbs/flowers to craft upgrades and syringes which give you enhancements. To completing time trials and bounty hunting. The story (so far) is also awesome, the characters and music make all better aswell.

As for farcry 2 it is not as polished as 3 but it is still fun and is also unique, such as your guns get rusty over time and jam and if downed a buddy will come to your rescue you'll also have the option to revive them or give them the quick way out.
I would definitely recommend this!
cant wait to start blood dragon

Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360)
21.95