on 22 June 2014
What can I say, it arrived Friday, that evening I installed office 2013, got to grips with windows 8.1, realized my old monitor needed updating to get HDMI to display properly so I used the VGA cable, and got it working with my printer. My windows accounts for me and the children were set up and I was ready to go. Powered off the desktop and went to bed.

Came down on Saturday morning, pressed the power on button, the fan spun up (noticeably much louder than the Friday - I am aware of the noise bit as my previous machine is over 10 years old and wakes up everyone on the street!), the disk light came on - and off again - and then deafening silence. Not even a blue screen of death or a prompt telling me that something had gone wrong.

I plugged my old desktop into the screen using the same VGA and the screen was working fine - the computer just decided to say no (not even that really - it just ignored me!)

So - while it was working, it was good, but it only worked for a few hours before it died !!

Amazon, bless them, are shipping me a new one, bit nervous now in case it turns out to be pants as well. I picked Lenovo because I thought they were a reliable brand.

On the plus side, I could only find one instance on the net of someone having a similar issue, so perhaps I should buy some lottery tickets this weekend as I must have been pretty lucky to get a duff one !!!
on 9 December 2014
Took delivery of two of these and neither worked. Avoid.
on 26 November 2014
Would not load software. Returned for credit.
on 6 September 2014
The first one became faulty but I contacted amazon and was sent a replacement which so far works great. Cannot praise Amazon customer services highly enough over their handling of this.
on 2 June 2014
I am no computer expert but this is fine for me .I love it compared to my old computer. Can not understand why so many people hate Windowa 8 so much.
on 8 August 2014
Excellent
on 17 May 2014
Just as it was described, not sure yet about windows 8. still coming to terms with the new operating system.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse