4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good Product
Bought as a work computer and have been using it now for a week.

Looks: Style is good, but don't expect it to be half the *size* of a normal desktop, it's more like 3/4 of the height, width and length. To be fair they do give dimensions, but I didn't measure them. It's probably half the *volume* of a normal desktop, which is still great...
Published 3 months ago by Edmund Rogers

3.0 out of 5 stars Slim and punchy
Published 2 months ago by Tangerine

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good Product, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Lenovo H535s Desktop - Black (AMD A8 6500 3.5GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Radeon Graphics R5-235 1GB, Windows 8.1) (Personal Computers)
Bought as a work computer and have been using it now for a week.

Looks: Style is good, but don't expect it to be half the *size* of a normal desktop, it's more like 3/4 of the height, width and length. To be fair they do give dimensions, but I didn't measure them. It's probably half the *volume* of a normal desktop, which is still great!

Performance: So far is handling everything I have thrown at it; it's pretty quick. Can very easily handle daily tasks/itunes/internet/word etc. I haven't tried games on it or anything so if that's what you are buying it for I would buy a different machine. 6 GB RAM really shows when comparing to a 4GB machine. Processor also seems quick.

Features: Comes with keyboard and mouse, but don't be fooled by the misleading picture, they are not wireless as it may appear. Lenovo gives you a fair bit of software (not used so far) but no one can say they don't hold your hand. Plenty of ports for all of your USB's etc. Just make sure you get a touchscreen monitor for it for windows 8.1!

Overall: I think this PC is great for the money. For about 500 you can get this and a decent monitor and probably not have to upgrade for a good 3-5 years! Best used for work rather than gaming.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slim and punchy, 21 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The desktop is apparently on the decline. But Lenovo have several versions of desktop and this H535 is nice example of why I think they still have a role to play. The chassis is slim and rather nice to look at with its brushed finish. It is also rather powerful despite its size with 1tb of hard drive space and 6gb of ram. This unit comes alone so you need a monitor to plug it into. It has HDMI so can allow you to utilize high definition.

The H535 screams of high build quality and feels weighty but not heavy. However, despite its perfectly acceptable power for running photo editing software and office it does struggle with games (but in truth it isn't a gaming rig). Upgrading isn't easy either due to the slim-line nature of the chassis you are left with a fairly limited number of options for upgrading graphics (and of course the PSU as a consequence).

One of the most frustrating things here is that the H535 provides HDMI which is great, but only has a DVDRW drive - it would have been very nice if it came fitted with a Blu-ray drive to make the most of this. At this price point we know the PS4 and Xbox 1 can offer Blu-ray playing capability so its a little difficult to understand why a Blu-ray drive wasn't included here.

All in all this a nice, space saving desktop. It would do a very nice job in the right set of circumstances. If you are looking for a simple unit to provide you the ability to surf the internet, word process, photo edit (and even video edit) along with a bit of low level gaming (Football Manager anyone?) then this is a machine I'd recommend. It is a little pricey but its very well built, looks great and isn't particularly space hungry. There is a lot to like here but there could have been more if the specification was a little bit more generous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good entry level machine, 19 April 2014
This desktop seems to perform pretty well for everyday computing tasks. The form factor is stylish. It comes with Windows 8 as standard which I dislike, but that's not a reflection on the product Itself. I have found that image heavy applications can perform slowly, but that's understandable.

Overall: for an all rounder this fits the bill and won't break the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine Entry Level Desktop, 19 April 2014
Richard Allen (Wellington, Somerset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always played safe and selected big name brands when buying a PC. In the past this has mainly meant Dell kit. Yes, I know there are faster and cheaper PCs out there, but Dell has never let me down. I haven't tried Lenovo before, other than at work, but they are in a similar category to Dell in terms of brand and quality, so my expectations were for a similar standard of PC.

If I start with what differentiates this machine from its competitors, it is smaller, perhaps two thirds the size of a conventional desktop. That may not be a big issue if you've already decided on a desktop rather than a laptop, but it takes up less space on the desk, which is welcome. And it's quiet too, which is a plus.

Other than that, it's very much what you'd expect of a quality desktop. It has a feel of quality to the construction, and works exactly as it should. It's difficult to review a PC without drifting into a review of the operating system. And Windows 8 is Windows 8, regardless of the computer that runs it. Having moved from Windows 7, I'm a little underwhelmed, but unless you have a touchscreen, it doesn't have a great deal more to offer.

But back to the Lenovo. What else can I say? It comes with a very nice mouse and keyboard. Again, there's that sense you're dealing with a quality brand. Lenovo do you the service(?) of bundling their own and third party utilities along with the Windows build. Dell is notorious for this. It's that sense that if I use the product for free for three months, then I'll buy into a subscription for something that I don't really need, that irritates me. As has become my usual practice, the first thing I do after the installation is complete is go to "add/remove programs" and delete all this stuff that I don't want or need. I can then install my own preferred brand of AV, etc.

As I don't do anything that demands high performance graphics or a big processor (most of my time is spent using Firefox and Open Office), then an entry level PC provides for all my needs, and this Lenovo does exactly that. With 1TB storage, a decent processor and sufficient RAM, this will satisfy all of my requirements, and I suspect that of most people who want a home computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick and quiet, 22 Jun 2014
Great computer for daily home tasks, very quick to load and in operation. Nice compact size and very quiet in operation. First AMD computer I've ever had and I am very pleased with it. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine up to now, 2 Jun 2014
I am no computer expert but this is fine for me .I love it compared to my old computer. Can not understand why so many people hate Windowa 8 so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 23 May 2014
I've waited a little while before submitting my review, wanted to make sure everything was OK.
Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP this year so I decided to upgrade to Windows 8.1. Thought this would be a good time to upgrade the pc as well.
The result is that I'm very happy with the pc. The compact size is convenient, plenty of memory for home use. Lots of brilliant features, the ones I particularly like are the Lenovo Rescue System and the Lenovo Cloud Storage. Still exploring but as you see I'm happy so far and all at a very good price.
One niggle, though the keyboard and mouse are not up to the standard of the pc. hence four stars not five.
My only problems have been with Windows 8.1. Although I must say that when I contacted Microsoft they were knowledgeable, helpful and were able to sort the problems with 8.1 but as always with these big companies, at a cost.
So love the pc, getting used to 8.1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put together, and quick!, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It comes boxed with a keyboard and mouse. Both are very basic and are wired, but this is a budget PC, so this is only to be expected. It was easy enough to assemble, however the instructions were not clear and based on a number of different models. Once assembled, you turn it on, then enter all your details to set up Windows (8.1). This was easy enough and in no time at all the computer was ready. It also has in built wireless, which is really useful too. Once set up it completes most tasks easily, such as web browsing, Office products, and basic games. It is a really good machine for this price, and if you are after a computer for simple tasks then I would recommend it. If you are looking at playing a lot of games then I would look at a computer with a heftier graphics card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb desktop at a bargain price, 4 May 2014
I bought this computer for doing my degree work on it and not for gaming. This is a super computer, which comes with a very nice AMD Quad-Core A8 chip, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD and Graphics Card to boot. The computer runs quietly and does not get too hot.

As I'm also doing website design in my spare time on top of my degree, it was vital to me that I ran two monitors on this system. I'm currently running two full HD 22" monitors, and they work perfectly.

This is a cracking little computer at a great price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Software it came with doesn't work, 11 April 2014
I bought this and began trying to install it, the keyboard and mouse have a nice feel but the computer doesn't come up with a start up guide as such. I then was approached by a black screen once the computer brand name had disappeared, this is due to an error with windows 8.1, unfortunately I cannot yet get it to work. I am going to have to try and install Ubuntu on it via USB to see if it can load another OS or call the support team.

If this changes I will be likely to change my review as it seems to be a great piece of kit despite its big flaw.