4.0 out of 5 stars Good computer, nice space-saving design
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:43 Mins
This is good overall, BUT I'm going to tell you things I didn't like about it, so you can make an informed decision:

- Yes, it's all-in-one but there's still a power brick. (Not really an issue, as it can be tucked away)
Published 5 months ago by JM

1.0 out of 5 stars It wouldn't switch on.
Spent over two weeks waiting for this package to arrive. When it finally arrives it won't switch on.
Published 16 days ago by Markeen Rice-Wallace

4.0 out of 5 stars Good computer, nice space-saving design, 6 April 2014
JM (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Length:: 0:43 Mins

- The fan noise is a bit annoying, as is the hard drive noise. (Perhaps I'm just too fussy) (You get used to it)
- I think the photos are a bit misleading about the thickness. It's chunky and heavy, but still, space-saving.
- The screen starts to look crap if you look at it from the "wrong" angle. (It doesn't have IPS, In Plane Switching, but thankfully you can just tilt the screen if you kneel down or stand up). This is probably something most people won't even notice, to be honest; I'm just a nerd, being hyper-critical!

I did hate Win 8.1 but am warming to it! It's quite jarring moving between the new interface (with the live tiles) and the old school windows (x86). There's just not that much good software written for Win 8.1 (yet), but it's promising. There is some good stuff appearing in the App Store every now and then. (Now that I'm used to it, I do love the live tiles and colour schemes. Congratulations to Microsoft!)

As there's no touch sensitive trackpad, it's a bit weird navigating some of the interfaces. You use the scroll wheel on the mouse (which goes up and down) to scroll content that goes from side to side, in some places like the AppStore.

+ There's good integration with the "cloud". I use Microsoft's OneDrive (formerly Sky Drive) which syncs docs between my PCs and Macs [1]

+ I didn't actually have to choose a username and password to set up this computer. I just use my existing Outlook.com password. [2]

+ What is fantastic is the upgrade-ability. (I've been eying up some upgrades on Crucial. A 240GB SSD is currently about £83, am saving up for it). You can just pop the back cover off and put in new RAM or a hard drive (or SSD). [It takes laptop sized upgrades..](I'll put a link in the comments so you can see what I mean).

This model makes for a good general or home office computer. It should last you a good long while. As memory prices fall, you can upgrade at your own pace.

Despite its shortcomings, I think it's worthy* of 4-stars. For £598, this is reasonable. [Is it as nice as an iMac? Not by a long shot! It's a different class entirely. But it is a fraction of the price... ]

*Update
----
(Let me be clear - an iMac is an order of magnitude better than this, because of the close integration of the hardware and software. This is a piece of crap compared to an iMac, to be very blunt!)
When you take usability into account, my rating is closer to 3-stars.

[1] I now have Office365 on my iPad - Word, Excel and PowerPoint are now basically platform agnostic.
[2] If you don't know what outlook.com is, it's basically Hotmail. If you have an existing Microsoft email account, like Hotmail, it integrates really nicely with Windows 8.1.

4.0 out of 5 stars The sum of the parts..., 14 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're price-comparing Lenovo C460's the first thing to note is that Lenovo ship several different versions of this model, all (confusingly) called the C460, so be sure you're comparing like with like. I got the non-touchscreen version which comes with an Intel i3 processor and a Nvidia GeForce 705M graphics card - if you opt for the touchscreen version you get a less-powerful Pentium chip and no discrete graphics card. All versions ship with Windows 8.1 installed but this isn't going to be a review of 8.1 (it's a pigs ear in a silk purse!) which some people will love and some will hate - I'll stick to the computer itself. Once you get past the initial Windows setup procedure you'll find a selection of Lenovo and third-party app's installed but compared to the pile of trial-now-pay-later junk some manufacturers include it's not too bad. Lenovo's own app's are a bit confusing with similar features spread across multiple app's but they do give you access to the Recovery options (which allow you to reinstall the bundled app's or reset to the default settings) and some basic system settings like toggling the wi-fi and Bluetooth on or off - so I kept most of them installed.

Straight out of the box you only have to attach the bottom 'foot' of the stand using the inbuilt screw fixings (no tools needed) and then plug in the keyboard, mouse and power and switch on. The build quality seems good and the design is really successful making it an attractive and elegant looking computer very obviously based on Apple's design of the iMac. Annoyingly, the shiny plastic bezel which surrounds the display is a total dust and lint magnet - hopefully the static charge might fade after a while, but keep a lint-free cloth handy. The display itself is good and quite bright but the view-angle isn't the absolute best, this is no IPS screen, so you'll want to be positioned in front, and slightly above, of it for the best results, especially if you're doing anything colour-critical. The mouse and keyboard feel lightweight but decent quality and the mouse has a handy side-button which enables a few additional 'gesture' controls.

However, the most negative first impression is how noisy the hard-drive is - the drive spinning (and onboard fan) are quiet, but the noise of the drive heads at work is really quite bad. The drive in my particular C460 is a 3.5" 1TB WD Blue and I'm really surprised how clattery it sounds. When the PC starts a drive-intensive task, like a full virus scan, it sounds like someone pouring ball-bearings down a metal staircase, really not good. Of course Lenovo might fit different models of hard-drives in different batches of the C460, so this might not affect everyone, but for me it's a real annoyance - thankfully the hard-drive runs at a decent speed and helps to make the computer quite responsive in use. The inbuilt DVD-RW drive is a tray-loader and it is a bit fiddly to get discs correctly snapped into position when you load them, but an optical drive is still a welcome inclusion for those of us with software and games on disc (are you listening Apple?). There are 6 USB ports in total, four USB-2 and two USB-3, but the USB-3 ones are all on the left edge of the computer (alongside the headphone, mic and memory-card slots) so if you keep a fast USB-3 device, like an external hard-drive, connected you'll see the cable hanging out of the side of the PC, which spoils the all-in-one look.

The C460 has both Intel integrated graphics and a discrete Nvidia graphics card, the entry-level GeForce 705M (which is apparently a re-jigged version of the older GeForce 610M) so it's quite possible to play big-name games although you'll probably have to reduce the quality settings on the more recent and/or more demanding of them. For example Bioshock and Bioshock 2 both play smoothly at the High quality settings whereas the more recent BioShock Infinite only plays smoothly at the Low or Medium quality settings (still looks great though!). I got the original Assassin's Creed and Crysis running at good frame-rates too, but I did have to tweak the settings in (the especially demanding) Crysis to achieve it. The C460 certainly isn't aimed at hardcore gamers but it's capable enough for the occasional blast, especially if you stick with slightly older and/or less-demanding games.

If you need to upgrade or fix your C460 Lenovo have made it a breeze to do - the lower half of the back panel simply slides off to give access to the RAM slots, the hard-drive and even to the optical drive, which in my experience is the component most likely to go wrong. If the noise of that hard-drive gets too much to bear you can easily snap a new one into the flexible plastic cradle inside, you won't even need a screwdriver. It's really not much more difficult than changing the battery in a radio and I wish more manufacturers made it this easy to upgrade and fix your own computer (again, are you listening Apple?).

Speaking of Apple... My other computer's an iMac - which sounds like a cheesy bumper-sticker but it's true and since this Lenovo closely mimics Apple's iMac designs it might be worth mentioning for anyone comparing the two. To be honest the C460 isn't on the same level as an iMac, either in build or component quality, but then you wouldn't expect it to be since it's close to half the price of an iMac and, to be fair to Lenovo, you may be paying half the price but you get a lot more than half the computer. In the end there's no denying the C460's an entry-level computer and the components and build-quality are all good but not great - yet Lenovo have still managed to make an affordable and stylish computer that would be speedy and capable enough for most households and it's well worth considering for your next PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine, 18 Sep 2014
I got the one without the touchscreen, because a) touchscreens are a stupid gimmick that our kids will laugh at us for in years to come, and b) the non-touchscreen version is a better spec. Otherwise, nice feel to the keyboard, bit of an odd-looking mouse though - looks like it's fallen off a stealth bomber. The fact that you can upgrade the RAM and things is nice. Oh, and for the avoidance of doubt, it has a wired keyboard and mouse. The wires for these are rather long so prepare yourself for a rat's nest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first impressions but...., 15 May 2014
Reading the description on Amazon I was a little confused as to what keyboard/mouse combination is shipped with this model. To confirm both are wired USB versions. Personally my preference not having to worry about batteries. It seems the touch screen versions of the C460 come with very small wireless keyboards and mice whereas the non touch are shipped with wired, the keyboard being of standard size but with island style keys. PC World have a version of each on display for you to compare but their models have very different specifications to this model.
Unit looks a very neat design. Unfortunately my first unit was dead on arrival, looks like power supply block is dead, but Amazon are shipping a replacement that is going to arrive before I was expecting the original. Rating is to match others as I am reserving judgement on operation for when I get a working version.

1.0 out of 5 stars It wouldn't switch on., 15 Sep 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good PC, 30 Aug 2014
Good PC but very bulky and no wireless mouse/keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenevo c460, 25 May 2014
Very good easy to set up.
Connected all my printers without disks everything goes well. even tho Pc World when I was looking said non were compatable with this PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and once I get my head round ..., 4 Aug 2014
Easy to install and once I get my head round all the applications as it's more like a MAC than my last desk top!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB, 20 May 2014
Had to return first delivery as computer did not work but replacement lives up to all my expectations. Great computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor man's apple?, 16 Jun 2014
Does all that I want it to do and much faster than my ageing Fujitsu Siemens Laptop! I am not experiencing any of the noise problems from either cooling fan or hard drive. I can hear the fan but don't find it obtrusive and my hearing is good.
The fact that a reasonably tech. savvy person could upgrade the memory or change the hard drive and even the optical drive is
a good feature and if one is not so capable it should still result in lower bills if serviced elsewhere-something that you definitely would not be able to do with an Apple!
The plug in keyboard has a nice action as does the mouse.
Note that two versions are available on Amazon and the one with the Intel Core i3 4130T is the one to go for if you want the NON touch - it was not all that clear when I purchased but the technical description has been improved.

In conclusion, I am happy to recommend this product.