4.0 out of 5 stars Heave-ho...
Published 12 months ago by techpuppy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for short parents.
This is a great product of high quality but my problem is that at 5ft 3in tall the main part of the carrier is too long and when the waist strap and shoulder straps are secured it creates a bumpy bit in the carrier which is really uncomfortable for me and baby.
Published 4 months ago by Laura Sheppard

4.0 out of 5 stars Heave-ho..., 11 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When you first unpack the Carrier One it looks like a designer parachute harness, all straps, zips and clips and it's not immediately obvious where the parent goes - you do soon get the hang of it, but it's not the quickest carrier to get in and out of. However, it is a big improvement on the previous model, which we couldn't get along with, feeling more comfortable and more secure, especially the padded waistband which wraps around you. Getting baby in and out of it is relatively easy and all the adjustments you can make are welcome, for example the zips which allow their legs to wrap around you more as they grow. Being able to change positions with slightly older kids is great and makes the carrier useful for longer. Unlike some carriers there's a fabric division between baby and parent and there seems to be less head support than some, however our little passenger doesn't seem to mind at all and dozes quite happily inside it.

Although in use it's one of the most comfortable carriers there are a couple of little features we miss compared with other models we've tried - the most obvious one would be a little pocket, somewhere to carry change or keys so you can get at them quickly would be really handy. Another would be some kind of integral rain hood or sunshade, although they're available as optional accessories, because as well as weather protection they can double up as a modesty shield for discreet breast-feeding. That's another slight issue with the Carrier One - you can't breast-feed while wearing it, you have to remove baby first and therefore solo mothers will also have to find somewhere (or someone) to hold baby while you take off and put back on the carrier. In pictures the Carrier One might look like it's made from scratchy man-made fibre but in reality it's like soft cotton and it all feels like a quality item - perfect for quality babies...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Oct 2013
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite simply love this carrier and it is easy to see why Baby Bjorn are a premium product. I was previously won over by the Baby Bjorn Bouncer that my little one loves. As he got bigger I wanted a carrier and was given a hand me down one by another brand that quite frankly I wouldn't trust to hold veg from a shopping trip.

I started looking into the Baby Bjorn ones when I had the opportunity to review this one.

This carrier is not only night and day better than other brands that I have tried/tested in store but it is clear to see why it is their flagship model.

Build quality is superb and it is nicely padded where it matters. Though initially it takes some practice once setup and adjusted right it fits great and is actually extremely easy to get the little one in and out. Pretty much everything is washable too which is a bonus when your little decides he's going to throw his milk up.

I love how versatile it is too. You can have your little one facing out/in or on your back so there are loads of options. I find the latches very easy to use too.

Overall I love this. It gives you a degree of flexibility and independence and the security of being well built and thought out. I must say I have grown to really trust Baby Bjorn products and although expensive I couldn't imagine having buyers remorse over any of their products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 21 Oct 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made piece of kit. It is strong, well stitched, and tear resistant. I have every confidence that it will carry my baby's weight up to and beyond the point where I won't be able to carry the baby's weight! All necessary parts that come into contact with baby and carrier alike are appropriately padded. Buckles are strong and no danger of them giving out. There is plenty of adjustment to allow for growth (height, girth and leg positions) and for different wearers. Initially, it was a bit confusing to get it all the straps in place and work out what gets attached where, but that is the process of any new item and now it is set up I don't even have to think about it.

I seem to be reaching for this every time I go out on short trips making the pram/buggy a secondary item now - or at least until the baby gets a bit heavier, so it could negate the need for a more expensive mode of transport. You can get rainproof shells that can be rolled up and clipped into place, so you encounter a shower, you can pop the baby into the shell and back into the carrier.

I love the closeness I get with having the baby next to my chest, I feel that it strengthens our bond. My only fear is a trip or fall so I do find myself walking a lot more cautiously now.

My only minor grumble is that the chest strap doesn't break apart, so you can't slip your arms in like you could a rucksack. You have to somehow duck under the chest strap or lift the baby high enough for you to get under it - I just found this a bit awkward when on my own.

This is currently sold at 120GBP which I find to be a bit expensive. A price tag under 100GBP and a better chest-strap and I would say a definite 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for short parents., 23 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars What would I have done without One?, 8 July 2014
This is the most comfortable carrier I've used to date. Fits the body really well and my little one loves being in it. She's still too young for the back position, but I'm looking forward to trying that one. At the moment she's just over 9kg and I'm still carrying her pretty comfortably. It's very easy to get her in and out too. You can even remove her without waking her up! Which is a bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend this product!, 27 July 2014
Incredibly easy to use, great quality and stylish. I just read the instructions on the label attached to the carrier and managed to fit and adjust it first time. Very comfortable. I would say 80% of weight carried through hips (possibly more if you can get a good snug fit). I often walk around for hours with my baby while he's teething and we're both really comfortable. The material is wonderfully soft. Definitely worth experimenting with the leg position zips and height adjustments. Although our LO is the correct height for the older height setting, he sat too low and was uncomfortable.

My husband can easily use the carrier making adjustments to the straps easily and quickly, so we can share the carrying on a day out (for example) with minimal stress and disruption for our LO. I would mention though that removing a sleeping baby from the carrier without waking them is very tricky, but could be mastered with patience and practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality, designed to last, 15 Oct 2013
Sue (C.I.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
your back doesn't give way by then!) and is really good quality, sturdy and well made.

It is a bit fiddly to begin with as you'll need to adjust the straps etc to whoever is going to be carrying the baby in it - bit of a nuisance as I am 5'6 (with a short body) and my husband is 6ft so we would need to adjust it often if we both wanted to use it (but that would apply with most if not all similar products) - but having said that you do feel secure that the baby is well strapped in, in a good position and so you're at less risk of getting back ache.

Your baby can be on your front (facing out or towards you) or your back (when they are a bit older - like a rucksack!)

It IS expensive but it's true - you do get what you pay for, and it is clear here that you are getting Baby Bjorn's expertise and research, as I have no doubt this will last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Babybjorn Carrier One, 30 Jun 2014
We brought the carrier to take to our son and daughter in law who live in Ghana. The roads there are not suitable for a pram or pushchair so the carrier fitted the bill. They have used it many times now, and their daughter seems to like being in it and falls asleep immediately on being put in the carrier. She is 3 months old but it will certainly be useful for a long time. It is also comfortable for them to wear - they had used a carrier that was very uncomfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 April 2014
Fits perfectly to the body
Helps distribute baby weight over your body better thanks to the lower belt (no more back pain)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 3 Oct 2014
My Daughter is nearly five months old and we have been using this carrier since she was 4 months old. We never had any problems with it as the wearers. It has offers even support for the back and the waist band distributes the babies weight evening, leaving no strain on the wait. My daughter loves it for the most part. She often falls asleep in it and is happy to spend time in it. Great product all round. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

BABYBJORN Baby Carrier One