5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the Moto G nicer to hold
This shell replaces the back cover of the Moto G (you take the original back cover off before fitting this). It is effectively a back cover with a built-in rubber bumper.

Fitting is reasonably easy, but I found I had to use a credit card to ease the rubber over the bottom of the phone. It fits neatly and precisely.

I would say the main benefit is...
Published 7 months ago by Mr Jay

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit the handset.
Too small for the handset making the cut outs etc in the wrong place.
Published 2 months ago by CAM

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the Moto G nicer to hold, 17 May 2014

I would say the main benefit is that the rubber bumper makes the Moto G nicer to hold. Less slippery, better grip and more secure.

The buttons are covered by rubber and this makes them require a tad more pressure to operate but nothing major. Also be aware that the rubber lip around the edge of the phone creates a barrier that your finger may bump into when you swipe. The edge of the rubber around the screen is, inevitably, a little loose if you tug it, especially around the ports and buttons. Nothing to worry about, though.

Overall, a very nice, good quality accessory for the money. It makes the Moto G more pleasant and secure to hold so I'm keeping it on mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars I use mine in conjunction with a screen protector and that means the phone can live quite happily with the keys and change in my, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Motorola Grip Case Cover Shell for Moto G - Blue (Accessory)
Arrived within 36 hours of ordering. This is Motorola's own product and is designed to replace the back of the phone rather than fit over it, which means it doesn't add much bulk. There is a lip going around the outside of the phone giving you about 2mm of protection when placing the phone face down on a flat surface. I use mine in conjunction with a screen protector and that means the phone can live quite happily with the keys and change in my coat pocket without being damaged. If you tend to give your phone really rough treatment you probably want something more robust such as an Otterbox. Its a silicone rubber material which means it's a bit more grippy than the original casing. The back of it does tend to collect fingermarks. As it's fairly loose fit I thought dirt might get inside but I just took it off to check and none has collected in 3 weeks of use. I chose the Blue and green colour combination because I thought it was pretty. It suits me but it's a bit bright for business use. More sober colours are available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case ever., 21 Jun 2014
Without this case I found my moto G to be a little hard to grip. I thought I'd give this case a try and I'm so pleased that I did. It can be a little tricky getting it fitted as the rubber surround is a perfect fit. Once fitted it is utterly perfect! The phone looks and feels as though the the case is part of the phone. Well done Motorola.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, Great Protection and Made by Motorola, 13 Aug 2014
Such a perfect fit case, great non slip rubber (for instance when leaving my phone on the couch or car seat) and it's OEM. Oh and I also dropped it twice in the last 2 weeks (on wood and concrete) and I still can't see any marks on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 29 Sep 2014
From Motorola and adds extra protection with the bumper as well as a splash of colour. Very well made and fits perfectly. The back is really a replacement battery cover so if you are very rough with your phone then a proper case maybe what you're after. Having said that it means that the phone remains the same thickness but adds a little round the edges; for me this makes the phone fit in my hand better and is less likely to fly out during a frantic Pinterest session :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical understated protection, 22 July 2014
T. Costick (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Practical understated protection for your Moto G. Easy to fit.

As others have said, because of the design there's a little restriction to finger swiping at on and off the edge of the Moto G's display. It doesn't prevent such actions from being used, but if you're used to using the phone in its original case you may find it a little annoying at first. Something to get used to.

Recommended if you like to protect your phone in an non-showy way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cover!, 2 Oct 2014
Kevin Cuddon (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
I love this cover, I would not go back to a standard one. The rubber bumper covers the power and volume buttons without making them any less responsive. The bumper also slightly wraps around the edge of the front of the phone so that the screen will not come into contact with a flat surface when placed face down. Hopefully this will help to reduce the chance of scratching.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good for protection and grip improvement, 20 Jun 2014
Good case, not too thick and offering good protection for edges, grip is improved as well. Fits exactly and does not alter phone's look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed to bits and the best of both worlds!, 16 Dec 2014
I'm chuffed to bits with this case, which arrived a day earlier than advised.

I've had my Moto G 4G LTE for about 2 weeks now.
I'd already ordered a screen protector and a couple of cheap "trial," cases from Amazon in order to make sure that, as soon as I'd purchased it, that it had protection out of the box.

I was tempted, given that, the Motos have interchangeable backs to leave the back "naked," as I love the feel of the Moto in my hand and the "dimple," is very useful when holding the phone with one hand.

However, I decided that, even if I could change the back, there was no real protection for the sides and the power/volume buttons.

The 2 cases I'd ordered were OK, one was a clip on shell, but, like most of these left the top and bottom without any real protection, the other was a standard "S Line," TPU case, which was brilliant, other than the fact that it kept accidentally triggering the question as to whether I wanted to "shut down," the phone when I moved it, picked it up, or turned it to Landscape mode, which became a bit irritating....obviously it was gripping the power button too tightly.

For me, this case is the best of both worlds.
It combines the protection of a TPU case with the rubber bumper, which, when on doesn't feel that "rubbery," to me and which provides some good "grip," on the side, a real feature of the "S-Line," cases and the sleekness of the original Moto G shell on the back.

It wasn't as difficult to install as some efforts I've seen on You-tube, or read about in reviews.
I'm not sure how easy it'd be to damage the actual back, of the case and, as others have said, it's not very "grippy," on the back, but these are minor details for me, as it's replaceable and a lot cheaper on Amazon than on the official Motorola Website.

I've gone for the plain black one, in order to keep the look of the phone, as I bought it, originally.

I'll probably order a 2nd case, in order to have one at the ready, should this one ever get damaged!

In short, it looks and feels great and I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to keep the feel and look of the Moto as it come out of the case, but who wants the security of knowing that there's some added protection there..

Oh and Gorilla glass, or no Gorilla glass, having seen a few smashed screens of late, I'd always recommend a decent Screen Protector and, if, like me, you can't fit the damn things and they're left with dust marks/bubbling, take it along to the Carphone Warehouse and they'll fit it in 5 minutes, for a fiver! :O))

5.0 out of 5 stars I am happy with the case, 3 Oct 2014
Lebert Dwyer "Games games games" (South-East, UK) - See all my reviews
I was using a Tudia TPU case before. This adds protection around the phone and has a slimmer profile than the TPU case. The picture makes the rubber looks thicker than it is. I am happy with the case. The back is slippery like the original battery cover but this is not a concern for me as the rubber edges provide extra grip.