on 30 December 2014
Bought this after much pondering. Am generally very happy. The screen cover flap has a magnet in it which keeps it the lid down even when the phone falls on the floor. If the screen cover flap should open up during the trip to the floor or if it is not in place, the black rubber holder which is made of flexible plastic/rubber has a small raised edge that keeps the screen from touching the floor and getting scratched. One other benefit of the magnets is that when you flip the screen cover back the magnets will cause it to stick to the back of the phone. The cover folds into a phone stand and the friction between the edge of the cover and the screen cover flap is great enough to allow you to adjust the angle from about 45° to almost 90°. Getting the phone in and out of the plastic rubber holder is easy and I have not noticed the magnets having any effect on the LCD screen of my iPhone 6+ which seems to worry some people. The holes in the screen cover flap do not have transparent plastic panels in them but they make excellent hand-holds while making photographs. I can't tell whether the case is covered in plastic or leather but whatever it is it's hardy stuff since my sister's dog who has a nice set of claws walked over the case a couple of times and left only marks that are all but imperceptible. The only criticism I have is that when the case is folded into a stand the volume buttons are at the bottom which makes volume adjustment a bit awkward. On the other hand it also makes the volume up button easily reachable to take photographs when grasping the case through the screen access holes. Also, when the screen cover flap is folded onto the back of the phone it covers the camera lens but since I use the screen cover flap as a handle when taking photos this does not bother me.
on 23 April 2014
The case arrives in a professional looking box and is very well packaged and protected.

iPhone 5s fits into the case perfectly. Case is real leather as specified. Phone functions well during calls with the flip case shut. Very handy for accepting/rejecting calls and checking time without opening the case. Very subtle magnet holds the case shut.

Volume buttons and silent switch aren't accessible, but volume buttons can still be pressed through the soft leather hinge at the side.

The stand function works surprisingly well with no slipping, very useful for streaming videos on Netflix etc.

This would be a bargain at double the price.
on 15 July 2014
This is a very good value item. It does what it says, it looks good and best of all it can be used to talk without opening it up. The colour shade is more tan rather than brown but saying that the colour is fine. Inside is soft and feels good. Overall I am very satisfied and have recommended to friends who have also said they have been pleased. I would be surprised if anyone felt unhappy with this product at around £10, you can't go wrong.
on 3 May 2015
After looking for a suitable case to protect my iPhone 6, I came across this product. After reading the good reviews I decided to purchase the case and I have not been disappointed.

The case is well made and fits my iPhone 6 perfectly. I have access to all the ports and I like the interactive windows which allow me to answer calls, see incoming messages and the time and date without opening the case. I had thought that the windows of the case would have plastic, rather than open cut-outs, in order to further protect the screen. However this is not the case, so hopefully my screen will not get damaged if it is in my bag and near any objects such as keys. If one prefers, one could put their own plastic behind the windows to provide a little bit more protection.
The magnetic closing works well, both when closing it to cover the screen and when bent round to the back cover, keeping it nicely out of the way.
I purchased the Rose coloured case and it is a lovely colour, a darkish pink, just as it is shown on this page.

I am very happy with this case and I have just purchased another but in a different style by the same company, as I am so pleased with the product.

I have just started using the case, so hopefully it withstands the test of time!
on 23 July 2014
Product arrived in a very nice gift box, which was nice if you intend to gift this to someone. The product is genuine leather and has a small metal 'lava to' label on the outer bottom left of the cover, this adds to it's aesthetic appeal. When you open the case you then see the products superior quality, it looks and feels simply wonderful. The iPhone fits perfectly, the headphone and charger sockets can be reached without opening the cover. You can see the time, who's calling you and decide to accept or reject calls through the gaps in the front of the cover. You can use Siri still without opening the cover also. I have seen simply hundreds of covers for the iPhone 5 and 5s hands on in different retail shops, I've owned over 15, but my quest for the perfect cover has now ended. This product is the best by a mile, looks fantastic, feels great in the hand and the fact you can you stand you iPhone up with this cover is a bonus. BUY THIS PRODUCT, you will NOT be disappointed. I have had envious looks when using this product in coffee bars in town, this is the best cover on the market, second to none. I hope my review is useful to you all.
on 14 November 2014
I rarely ever post reviews but this is one of rare moments
This case is fantastic quality and I cannot fault it at all. My precious iPhone 6 plus is well protected (I hate cases that leave the metalwork at each end exposed) and despite the amount of protection the case is not bulky.
I have had iPhones since the very first generation and this is the best case I have purchased ever!
Buy it...you won't regret it
on 4 February 2014
Overall it's a nice case, real leather, phone fits, all round protection. Initially the front did not close across the face of the phone properly as per another review of a labato case but once it had been opened and closed a few times it was fine.
All the holes line up and the two windows for seeing who is calling and answering calls work well. The phone is held in place by a plastic tray which grips both long sides and the corners so it will protect it from the odd drop. That said it's not a rugged case, my phone goes from home to pocket to car to tool bag pouch which it's fine for.
So if you want a thin case which offers descent protection and allows the phone to stand ( and stand well ) in landscape then this is great.
The four stars is a bit of a niggle on my part with the initial pricing - originally this was £18.00 odd, it's not an £18.00 case, the leather is thin, the build quality is very good but the plastic grip for the phone is thin and the material is glued on and not stitched. I paid around £10.00 for it including delivery and for that money it's very good, would I have been as impressed at £18.00..... not sure.
on 3 April 2015
After lots of searching online and reading various reviews, I'm so glad I decided on this case in the end.
I opted for the black leather version and it fits my space grey 6 plus perfectly.
On of my favourite features is when the front cover flap is folded right back on itself when making a call or using the apps, the hidden magnet within the leather casing locks the securely to the back of the case.
Brilliant case, you won't regret taking the plunge with this...
on 24 June 2014
For the price I paid, I was very pleased with the product. What I particularly like is, the case actually closes which the one I had prior to this one did not do. Delivery was very fast very good service. It's not bulky too and is if good quality. It's good to view the time through the pip window. Whilst cover is closed.
on 25 August 2014
Superb iphone cover, very thin but great all round protection, fantastic quality for the money. I saw another review saying that the front didn't close and lack of a magnet - I think this has been fixed as there is a magnet holding it closed on the front. Fantastic design all round, highly recommended