on 3 February 2014
I haven't had time to give this many listens, but it falls under the more ambient category of Sunn O)))s work. There are drums, horns and vocals (not black metal screeches). Pleasant to listen to rather than challenging.
My only gripe would be that clocking in at around 35 minutes it is over before you really have a chance to get absorbed by it.
VINE VOICEon 15 March 2014
The problem with 3 largely instrumental tracks (last one does have some vocals) is that it is kinda difficult given that there are no snappy tunes or catchy lyrics. My attempts at whistling the tracks just results in an eerie drone that annoys the wife. To do this album (old term) justice, one would require at least three experienced whistlers and even then it may miss some of the complexities. Suffice to say that if you like Time Hecker's work or the latest Carter Tutti Void epistle - " Transverse" - then this is completely different but on the same wavelength (sharp reviewers may use different descriptors but the basic meaning is the same). What we have here is a gorgeous electro-acoustic-orchestral racket that sound like the creation of the Universe (in a good way). This is so good that even a dullard like me can be awe-inspired. Look, this is seriously cool music that most folk will hate - but it does have a cool cover and the bands - Sunn O>>> & Ulver - have worked hard on this and invested in cool names. This record is so cool it's frosty ... so do yourself a favour and get chilled.

I commend this CD to the House.
on 16 April 2016
Although I enjoyed this I wanted more - it never quite made the walls tremble or create the breakdown of society I was expecting. Great talent though and would recommend everyone to listen to it and make their own minds up. Be an individual - these people are.
on 3 April 2014
Expected something a little more ambitious from this paring. They have both played it safe and the result is a little dull IMO... v similar to both groups' previous efforts, mixing their styles together isn't a great revelation sadly.