5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows on TV
This is, quite honestly, one of the best TV series I have ever seen. I don't say that lightly, considering the amount of television that I have watched over the years. I have a few reasons behind such a bold claim.

Published 23 days ago by Amber

1.0 out of 5 stars And a stupid final episode
Teen relationship drama pretending to be SF - hollywood kids in the future.
Some interesting characters let down totally by the plot lines.
The aim seemed to have been "what do we want the kids to do here - lets get there with whatever insane storyline we can get away with".
And a stupid final episode.
Published 2 months ago by M. M. Kamal Hashmi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows on TV, 27 Nov 2014

Firstly, I must talk about the characters. Admittedly, I didn't have much interest in this show because I thought it would be full of the beautiful yet bland characters that are abundant on the CW network nowadays. Instead, The 100 is full of diverse and complex characters. I would like to point out that the majority of the characters are either people of colour, women, or both. In a white male dominated industry, I was pleasantly surprised by how diverse the cast is. I don't have exact figures (I have been meaning to note those down) but off the top of my head I can think of exactly three white male main or recurring characters from the first season.

Our leading lady, Clarke, really does lead. Eliza Taylor has a huge presence that jumps out of the screen. She gets better and better as the series progresses, and Clarke has become one of my favourite ladies on TV right now.

Several of the other characters go through incredible storylines and progression, most notably Bellamy Blake, who most fans start off hating only to adore him later on.

The writers certainly know how to make an impact. The show (after the shoddy pilot episode) is action packed and thrilling, packed with mysteries that need to be solved as the characters discover the new Earth.

There is even an Upstairs/Downstairs type thing going on, which is something that I found absolutely phenomenal in Spartacus due to the intertwined storylines and the impact they have on each other.

I almost wrote the show off after the pilot (which the writers and showrunner admit is not their finest work), but I am more and more glad that I didn't with each new episode and rewatch.

The 100 is a truly fantastic show that many write off since it's not in their usual niche, or due to the fact that it's not on the right network. Science fiction fans will be intrigued, and non-fans won't find the setting too overwhelming. I will be recommending this show to everybody that I speak to because it deserves a larger audience. And people deserve a show like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great potential!!!, 4 Sep 2014
I ordered The 100 (NTSC) & as always the service is excellent, it has 3 disc's & is on 544mins, the only slight downside was the seller didn't send the DVD in a bubble wrap envelope, which mean't their was indentations on the card cover over the DVD casing but everything else was fine!!!

The 100 season 1 has the potential to become a great tv show, it just needs to cut down on the teen romance & focus more on developing the actual storyline, but it has a great idea & the acting is good, the actors themselves are likeable & some of the action / special effects is very good & the scenes involving 13yo Charlotte were very disturbing!!!

BUY IT NOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov 2014
Great series! Felt like i had to watch next episode straight away! Good story, always keeps you guessing. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting series so far, 25 Aug 2014
Brida "izumi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is really a review of the series so far, showing on E4.

As soon as I saw the trailers for this new series, I was looking forward to it airing. Now it is a few weeks into the series, overall, I can say that it is well worth watching.

At the beginning of the series, we learn that it is ninety-seven years since Earth suffered nuclear Armageddon; the only survivors happened to be in space on a craft known as the Ark. But, nearly one hundred years since Earth became inhabitable, resources on the Ark are now running dangerously low. In order to extend their resources, politicians of the Ark make the decision to send 100 people down to Earth, to see if it has recovered. These 100 people are all convicts, they are also all young. The idea is that, if they go down and find that life has returned to Earth, the rest will follow.

That is the basic premise. As mentioned, overall, this is a good series. We are able to follow the 100 who are sent down to Earth, watching their group and the dynamics which determine what happens. But we are also able to follow the story back up on the Ark, learning more about the plight of humans and the difficult choices that are being made by the rest of the population. Inevitably, at the beginning, the 100 who go back to Earth think that they have struck gold - Earth has got life again. But, it quickly becomes clear that they are not alone. In a similar vein to "Lord of the Flies", there is the obvious struggle of the 100 to determine order and hierarchy amongst themselves; some decide to run riot, whereas others want to bring cohesion and order to their new world. Power is an important theme - there are those who desire it, some who think they automatically have it, and others who shy away from it. But, with great power there also comes great responsibility. Law and punishment are also explored. Personally, I feel that it would have been a richer experience if some of the 100 had been older, but that is only my opinion.

This is an interesting series so far. After about 8 weeks, the story is developing well; characters are being fleshed out with detail on their back-story being provided, there is also the inevitable development of love attractions, love triangles, as well as the examination of family relationships. With the discovery of the Grounders, there is also the added mystery of who these other people are and why they seem to now want the 100 around.

I would certainly recommend this series to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars doesn't pull punches., 13 Nov 2014
A surprisingly good series that deserves more attention. Yes, it has a young cast and the odd cliched romance but otherwise it's a solid sci fi action series that doesn't pull any punches.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 21st Century take on Lord Of The Flies set ..., 19 Dec 2014
This review is from: The 100: Season 1 (DVD)
A 21st Century take on Lord Of The Flies set in a future post apocalyptic earth. Decent paced action and plenty of intrigue which holds your interest throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the 100, 8 Nov 2014
Love love love the 100 !! Well worth the money if anyone isn into survival films then this is for you !

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Nov 2014
The best ever TV series I have ever watched.I can't wait for season 2 ....highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved the series, 2 Dec 2014
loved the series, and we can watch it over and over while we wait for series 2 here in UK

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 26 Sep 2014
I remember seeing this advertised on e4. I thought to myself "I must watch this". And ever since i have. Its amazing. Its got so many cliffhangers, and i always enjoy it. Everyone has their own opinons but personally I love it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The 100 - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
The 100 - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free] by Eliza Taylor (Blu-ray - 2014)