Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.53

on 17 April 2014
I am a 58 years old brazilian guy , and so as a south american it 's not so easy to follow prog rock . My first vinyl was Atom Heart Mother , when I was fourteen , i 'm just listening to Synaesthesia now and I 'am enjoying it as 44 years ago .
on 11 March 2014
First heard of the band on the Prog Rock show on Teamrock radio. Brought up on Prog Prock and Bon Jovi the singer/songwriter has produced a good debut album with soaring guitars and plenty of Synthesisers. It probably sits in the Neo Prog category but that is splitting hairs.

The only reason it doesn't get five stars is I think the vocals/lyrics are not quite there yet. I put this down to inexperience but you have to remember the band is very young. I'm sure they will mature with experience and I expect great things from them in year s to come.

There are no bad tracks on the album with the stand out track for me as Time, Tension & Intervention a 22 minute prog masterpiece.
on 26 November 2014
This is very much a release which will attract an progressive rock audience in the realms of Genisis, Camel, Atomic Rooster, and the like of the 70s period of rocks great time.
Now I'm not saying this is old hat as there is a glimmer of newness about it, but it has brought that time back to the lime light, with little added benefit, along with others.
I have to say I have also not totally gone away from said period, and indeed still enjoy this kind of music, but not to the exclusion of many other music types. To me this release doesn't ingress much else within its boundaries, albeit very good in comparison and musical abilities, but then again there is an awful lot of it about "too much" well that depends on ones viewpoint.
Does this particular CD, Download, bring anything extra to the listener, well to my ears, just a little bit. If this is the framework of music you normally like then, I can predict you will not be disappointed as there is something in here that makes it just worthwhile.
Good vocals, a little bit heavier and aggressive than Camel and the like, give this its edge to its difference.

This is not the 70s being revived and has a new sound thank God, as I was a 20 year old then and do wish to move on please, and this is one of many bands now that use that period of music as a massive influence, but not to mimic it.
on 19 March 2015
I heard of this group via the IQ forum. I have long been a fan of IQ, and have struggled to find another band that gives me the kind og prog rock I like the most. So I decided to take a punt on this, and I'm very glad I did. I was a littled concerned in the first 30 seconds that this was more of an amateur production than I had hoped, but an fears were very quickly allayed. THis is very high quality prog rock just the way I like it. All the songs are strong, with my favourites being TT&I and Noumenon. Some interesting rhythms, harmonies and very good musicianship. Excellent drumming in particular, and nice to hear the bass be a bit more creative than many prog albums. The lyrics may not be the world's best, but I'm sure this is an area that naturally improves with time, and lyrics are not my priority if the music is right.

This is well worth checking out.
on 16 November 2015
This is an excellent CD. I have not previously bought, or indeed listened to anything by Synaesthesia, but I'm glad I got this! Bought it before going to a gig in which they were supporting Spock 's Beard, and I was not dissapointed.

I'm not sure I could say which my favourite tracks are, because they are all top in my opinion. However, 'Time Tension and Intervention' is a traditionally long prog song which you can't help but hum. 'Epiphany' has a cracking tune and keyboards(?). The emotion in 'Life's What You Make Of It' has got me crying a little on occasion!

If I were to note one criticism, which is purely up to personal preference, I would say that the overall quality of the album is a little *shiny*, slightly too polished.

But: well worth the download, well worth the listen!
on 6 February 2014
I bought this album on the strength of an interview with the founding member on Team Rock's 'Prog Magazine Show'. Despite the singer/songwriter/keyboardist's (I think I've got that right) youthful age (20!), he was mature and thoughtful in his responses to Philip Wilding's (presenter) questions. This album reflects those same personal qualities. This album is excellent, irrespective of his age, with music that is both complex and yet simple, combined with good lyrics. I have long been a fan of prog music and this album has all of the genre's finest qualities and each song is different from the last. Buy it and enjoy it!
on 22 July 2014
Saw them opening day 2 at the 'Night of the Prog' festival and was really impressed with their performance. As was everyone else, with more people congregating at the front of the stage to get close to the action than the majority of the other 'support' bands.

Excellent musicianship (these boys can play) and a relaxed performance style which was very endearing, making it easy to get into the band and the music. It combines the ideas of a band like Wolfmother (lots of catchy hooks, interesting riffs and sounds), but extended in a compelling way that draws you into the experience.

This band will appeal to anyone who likes good 'traditional' prog music. Go buy it and enjoy!
on 19 December 2015
This is a really good Prog album, interesting melodies and decent lyrics.
I went to see them supporting Spocks Beard in Manchester and they were excellent, shame more people did not attend.

I would recommend anyone who like keyboards in music to give this album a listen, I am sure you will not be disappointed, it even has some instrumental pieces that stand up very well.

Top marks because there has been no other prog albums similar to this in 2015.
on 30 April 2014
Having bought this on spec and been very pleased with its neo-Prog symphonic leanings, I went for a collection of what I thought was earlier stuff by the same band. It wasn't! It was by a different band with the same name, producing ambient doodlings. OK as background chillout but not in the same league musically. So... yes, buy this, but beware the ambient Synaesthesia!
on 17 July 2014
Best CD I've bought in 2014, Ok some of the lyrics are a bit sixth formish and the rhyming couplets obvious, but the playing is great. This band can only get better and in the future we will all be looking back at this formative part of their career noting how from small acorns might oaks do grow, borrowing from my own school boy reviewing. Well worth checking out.