4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut, 11 Mar. 2014
P. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Synaesthesia (MP3 Download)
First heard of the band on the Prog Rock show on Teamrock radio. Brought up on Prog Prock and Bon Jovi the singer/songwriter has produced a good debut album with soaring guitars and plenty of Synthesisers. It probably sits in the Neo Prog category but that is splitting hairs.

The only reason it doesn't get five stars is I think the vocals/lyrics are not quite there yet. I put this down to inexperience but you have to remember the band is very young. I'm sure they will mature with experience and I expect great things from them in year s to come.

There are no bad tracks on the album with the stand out track for me as Time, Tension & Intervention a 22 minute prog masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth checking out, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Synaesthesia (MP3 Download)
I heard of this group via the IQ forum. I have long been a fan of IQ, and have struggled to find another band that gives me the kind og prog rock I like the most. So I decided to take a punt on this, and I'm very glad I did. I was a littled concerned in the first 30 seconds that this was more of an amateur production than I had hoped, but an fears were very quickly allayed. THis is very high quality prog rock just the way I like it. All the songs are strong, with my favourites being TT&I and Noumenon. Some interesting rhythms, harmonies and very good musicianship. Excellent drumming in particular, and nice to hear the bass be a bit more creative than many prog albums. The lyrics may not be the world's best, but I'm sure this is an area that naturally improves with time, and lyrics are not my priority if the music is right.

This is well worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first album, 6 Feb. 2014
Drian (South of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Synaesthesia (MP3 Download)
I bought this album on the strength of an interview with the founding member on Team Rock's 'Prog Magazine Show'. Despite the singer/songwriter/keyboardist's (I think I've got that right) youthful age (20!), he was mature and thoughtful in his responses to Philip Wilding's (presenter) questions. This album reflects those same personal qualities. This album is excellent, irrespective of his age, with music that is both complex and yet simple, combined with good lyrics. I have long been a fan of prog music and this album has all of the genre's finest qualities and each song is different from the last. Buy it and enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Gilla 1953 "Gilla" (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Synaesthesia (MP3 Download)
One of the best bands I've heard in many a year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Synaesthesia (MP3 Download)
This is excellent. Really good modern prog. Just bought it on spec and so often that does not work out! This time it is different and a melodic and intricate sound. Ok the lyrics are not Ian Anderson and the guru of the band might want to think about the lyrical sensibilities of prog but a very small quibble. When is the next album?

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprising, 14 Mar. 2014
Fireball 61 (Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Synaesthesia (MP3 Download)
I took a chance and purchased this album after reading the reviews. What a pleasant suprise. Its a well rounded and easily listenable album with some great touches. An unusual cover too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Dec. 2014