5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
I was prepared to have problems migrating from Windows 7 to 8.1 so I bought this book. It was the best thing I could have done because it explained everything clearly with screen pictures and it didn't matter if it repeated itself sometimes because that helped me familiarise myself with the new working environment. Excellent!
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Win8 yes, sadly not a lot about 8.1 changes
Published 8 months ago by BigE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Windows 8.1 :: Migrating to Windows 8.1.: For computer users without a touch screen, coming from XP, Vista or Windows 7 (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 26 Mar. 2014
I purchased this book as well as the best selling 'idiot's guide'. This book is so much better! It is straight forward and easy to follow but best of all, is not full of 'noise' words or 'ego' inserts, unlike my other purchase. It is well indexed to aid specific referal. I can't recommend highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver surfer and Windows 8.1, 8 May 2014
Having used XP for 6-7 years windows 8.1 was a bit of a shock! Worry not though, this book is clear and uncomplicated and an essential conversion guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Help for new Windows 8.1 users, 15 May 2014
Like many new users of Windows 8.1 I was nearly driven to distraction by Microsoft's new interface on my new computer. I was on the point of returning my new computer when I found this useful and inexpensive guide. It helpfully guides the user through the new interface and even more usefully shows how to set up Windows 8.1 to behave like windows 7. My sanity is restored and I am grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Just moved from XP and this saved me ..., 13 Oct. 2014
B. Goldsborough "wine drinker" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant. Just moved from XP and this saved me hours of heartache trying to find how to do operations in 8.1. Very well laid out with pictures of how to do each operation. I am now hooked on touchscreen Apps. The easiest book I have ever come across in the How to do area, worth every penny of the price

2.0 out of 5 stars Win8 yes, sadly not a lot about 8.1 changes, 11 May 2014
Windows 8.1 is mentioned on the front and back cover and on the inside title page in this version 2 of this book - that is where it ends... it just talks of Win 8 and there is little or nothing about the recent 8.1 updates in my copy of this print copy of this ebook. At the present time I'm not planning to use a touch screen, so as the front cover tells you, this should have fit the bill - there's really not much help on the new changes involving the new 8.1 update details at all, so this book no longer really does what it says of the label. Maybe one should now look elsewhere for the current details of the new changes that will make quite a difference to 8.1 once installed - any tips as to what book has these latest updated details would be welcome - maybe version 3 of this book is indeed already now required with these big changes happening so fast, it must be quite hard to keep up. - It really would have been good if Microsoft had got Windows 8 a little more correct in the first place so all these major changes would not have been so necessary so quickly?

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly simplistic, 17 April 2014
Easy to read and understand, but with all such manuals does not always answer the question you require. On the other hand it got me through the initial stages of using Windows 8.1

3.0 out of 5 stars migrating to Windows 8.1, 17 May 2014
A. Bareford - See all my reviews
I have moved from Win XP and had heard all the stories about Win 8/8.1. Therefore I purchased this to enable me to get an insight into the changes I would meet. The book was a great help and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 24 Jun. 2014
Great book which is very informative, easy to read and extremely beneficial. If you need help with Windows 8.1 get this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not transfer to my IPad, 13 May 2014
Bought this for my IPad. Still can not get it up on the screen. Seems I can not find any way to view this book on my IPad. So I have just wasted money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›