on 6 February 2014
i am a little confused by this book, as there is no nutritional information accompanying the recipes, and when low carbing, you do need to know carb, fat, and protein levels of the foods you are eating. I was also surprised that brown sugar, rice, flour, ketchup, bread, (to name a few) were included, as they are generally avoided in low carb recipes. there are some nice recipes, but before i try them i will have to work out the nutritional info to make sure they are suitable for me, and when buying a low carb book, i expect the info there at a glance, otherwise i am just trusting the person who wrote the book, and as i don't know her, I think thats a big ask. I give it 3 stars as some of the recipes are suitable, but to be honest, i am very disappointed and I probably will never use it as i feel it is misleading 😞
on 12 February 2014
These recipes are NOT low carb. Not surpisingly, no nutritional data is provided. I am a fully qualified nutritionist and I am disgusted that the author published something like this.

I might just analyse a few of the recipes just out of interest to see how bad they are. But I can tell you now: rice, bread crumbs, potatoes, etc...... It wont be pretty!!
on 13 March 2016