5.0 out of 5 stars Switchblade
From page one, the story has you in its grips. Connelly is a superb writer and time just stands still until you reach the last page.
Published 11 months ago by Dr. D. N. Redhead

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY: Far too short for the price
I hope Michael Connelly sacks whoever priced this book, because it is criminally short. I know it's a short story but I would have felt conned if it was 99p, let alone £1.99. It's not even a particularly good story by Connelly's standards. I am a real fan and have read all his books and greatly enjoyed most of them, but this was very disappointing.

I see...
Published 16 months ago by Anna

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY: Far too short for the price, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)

I see that there are currently 88 reviews on the US Amazon site, of which 76 give only 1 star for exactly the same reason, so they must have priced it ridiculously high there too. I would have thought Amazon would be trying to help get Bosch as much publicity as possible, because he is the subject of one of their first forays into television, but the only publicity that this book will get is bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars I understand, but..., 15 Jan. 2014
Jonathan Tyrer "JT" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
I understand this is a short story with a preview taking up most of the pages. However, I have two problems with this.
firstly, the previewed novel has been out for a couple of months and I've already read it. Why didn't this come out in October?
Secondly, why £1.99? The short story/ novel previews of the past two years have only been £).99 - about what I am happy to pay.
This is to little, to late, for far to much!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive mate., 16 Jan. 2014
Walter Otton (South Coast, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
Love Bosch. Love the author. Am OUTRAGED at £1.99 price. Very disappointed and feel ripped off.

WHAT A LOAD OF OLD FLANNEL.

1.0 out of 5 stars What is the point?, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
I'm not sure what the point of this ebook is. I feel as though I have paid £1.99 for a preview of a book that I could have received a free sample of before buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars None, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
This book was so disappointing. The very short story was not even strong enough to warrant the time wasted reading it. As a regular buyer of Harry Bosch stories, I felt very disrespected by this feeble effort.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY SHORT STORY, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
This is a very short story which is not stated anywhere I could see. Dissapointing when it just ends abruptly and is followed by a preview of another book!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars They all count..., 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
I have read Michael Connelly for more years than I chose to remember. The level of quality prose and masterful structure he has delivered has rarely wavered over those years. This short story is so far below the benchmarks set by the man for the whole genre as to be an insult to his dedicated readers.
Whatever plot one can develop in 68 pages relies so heavily on character and manipulation that few manage it succesfully, even those as gifted as Mr Connelly. To suggest that this tale had either plot or character is mendacious. Two people, one purporting to be the much loved and respected Harry Bosch, and a civilian clerk do not provide depth or any kind of meaningful dialogue. The mechanical regurgitation of process and diligence which Harry has always lent to his cases was the be all and end all of this story, there is nothing else.
Mr Connelly would be greatly disappointed to witness my response having finished this short story. He may yet rejoice in that fact that it prompted me to return to earlier triumphs.
Convinced that I couldn't have been that wrong I subsequently downloaded the Kindle version of City of Bones, in my opinion the epitome of a Harry Bosch novel, and am re-reading it for the third or fourth time. It remains the work of a masterful writer at the top of his game. Harry excels as only his character can in that troubled city.
I am reminded again that this man writes a superb novel, no-one comes close to opening up an investigative process in such a way, of developing character and plot that leave the reader astounded by the simulteanous simplicity and horror of the human condition.A great shame that such skills are at the mercy of publishing houses and marketing companies, this offering should serve as a salutary reminder to those loyal fans of Michael Connelly that not all that bears his name is pure gold, and perhaps he should consider the suggestion from Harry himself...They all count...

1.0 out of 5 stars 37%, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
I know it is a short story but when it only takes up 36% of a kindle book the rest being an excerpt of the current book & adverts for his other books don't think it was worth £1.99. Don't get me wrong the story was good but way too short for that price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., 4 April 2014
Absolute waste of money.
Zero storyline and way too short.
I could have written better & free would have been to expensive here.
I'll never buy another short story again.

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
The story was ok but was far too short, being only 36% of the file, the rest being the intro to the new Micky Haller book. I find this really annoying as, even though the book was only 99p I would like to get more than a half hour read from it. If I want to try the Micky Haller book I'll be able to get a free sample through kindle. To sum it up, it's a bit of a rip off

Switchblade