on 31 May 2014
I've had this little Vax for three days and am very happy with it so far. Picks up cat litter and fur, which was the primary purchase reason. Picks up well and the cats aren't too scared of it
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a Golden Retriever, who although I love to bits, have real issues with his hair! This Vax Gator pet vacuum is a life saver, and has really helped with excess hair on dark coloured rugs and sofas alike.

I will start with the plus points. The vacuum is fairly light, comfortable to hold and feels like a solid build. It is rechargeable and cordless, and I typically get around 15 minutes of solid suction power from a full charge. The vacuum does a fantastic job at lifting pet hair, and other crumbs, etc, from furniture and is quick to do so. It is also very quick and easy to empty the dust collection container.

I really would like the battery life to have been a little longer, which is my only slight concern. Although I appreciate that this is a fully mobile and cordless device, which is highly convenient.

I have extended usage of this vacuum also to the stairs and car, for which it is also perfect.

All in all, I am very pleased with this nifty vacuum which has been very helpful and quick, particularly when I do not wish to pull out the large vacuum cleaner and fiddle around with leads, etc. Highly recommended. 5/5
on 19 May 2015
On the plus side this handheld goes a great job of picking up hairs. My daughter and I both have long hair and the handheld gets it up no problem. My Dyson could not pick up the hairs at all and when I emptied the 'bag' after going over the a rug I was surprised to see what the Dyson doesn't pick up. This is about the only positives.
The negatives are many. The unit is too heavy. I am not a small lady and I have to use two hands to hoover the stairs. It isn't very good at picking up anything that is not hair. Any little bits that are resting on the surface it seems to spit out when you turn the unit off. It also doesn't seem to indicate if it is fully charged. I could forgive all these things if the thing was easy to clean. The brush that is on the vacuum that picks the hair up easily gets full and the hairs and bits need cutting out or it fails to spin anymore. In order to do this you need to completely remove the the outer casing exposing the motor and the wires. For some reason the motor and the wires are not covered. So you take the brush out and clean it and stray hairs fall into the electrics so you have to make sure that the electrical motor is free of dust before replacing the casing. I would also like to point out to vax that the motor is very loose and the wires are not very secure. It is a delicate operation cleaning the unit and time consuming. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I can't find anything in the instructions telling me how to do it any other way.
on 14 July 2014
This is a reassuringly weighty, substantial and powerful battery vacuum, not to be confused with cheaper, light-weight devices.
The 18 volt battery requires an initial 24 hour charge which is done when the red led on the unit goes out.
The detachable pet hair rotor unit and in-build extendable crevice tool work very well.Emptying and filter cleaning is easy, although behind the mesh cone filter is a small concertina paper filter which should surely be replaceable, but there is no info on this.

The real plus point for this hand-held vac is its deep-clean effectiveness. It made me realise hows poor my other full-size vac is.
I have two cats, so removal of fur from carpets and chairs is a key use for this vac and it delivers. The handily positioned on-off switch means you don't need to keep the vac running as you move between areas to clean. Just hope the battery holds up as it's not replaceable, although there is a two-year warranty included on the unit.
on 8 January 2015
Excellent performance and features, highly recommended. It performs well, excellent suction, and with the brush attachment even stubborn dirt and hairs can be removed from carpets. In terms of features I'd also rate it very highly: it has the aforementioned brush attachment, as well as an extendible nozzle which I've found very useful for cleaning skirting boards. Emptying it is very easy, as is removing the filter to clean it, and the whole thing fits back together very easily. From one full charge, I can do three or four quick clean-ups of my bedroom, and there would be ample time to vacuum a car interior as well.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a Labrador, he sheds hair for England, and his preferred place for snoozing is my sofa, black leather - he leaves a fine layer of hair when he gets down.

The Vax Gator is great, just run it over the leather, and within moments it's pet hair free.

Also he crunches his treat up, and leaves little crumbs over the mat, again the Gator just sucks them up.

Recommended for little jobs, it's good on the stairs too, and on the front door mat. Powerful enough to clean, not overly powerful to wreck the mat
on 1 July 2014
Not much into cleaning the car but with a golden retriever who does like to shed his fur and loves car journeys I have no choice. First cleaner I have had that actually lifts the hairs. It did take 3 charges to get the car clean but clean it it did.
on 15 February 2015
Light, effective (tho' not for heavy use such as dog hairs stuck in cat upholstery) and very easy to use. Ideal for quickly getting rid of tumble weed dog hair that collects in various places. So much easier than getting proper vacuum out. Wish I'd bought it years ago! Would have liked it to be wall mounted - but I think a hefty hook will suffice!
on 24 June 2015
I love this machine! I have a white cat and dark furniture. This machine turned my life from a hair nightmare into a bliss. It's so easy to pick up, it's effective, strong enough to hoover every single hair and safe for my furniture. It lasts long enough each time I need it. I would recommend it highly to everyone with a hairy pet. Quick delivery too.
on 31 July 2014
I bought this vac because I was fed up of dragging the big vac out of the cupboard every time, in order to pick up cat hairs. This does the job brilliantly as well as picking up cat litter, human hair and almost everything else in its path. Powerful, but it does not drag mats or rugs every where when you clean them.