5.0 out of 5 stars Practical product
This arrived well-packed and in excellent condition.
After its initial charge, I tried it out and it has quite a powerful suction, better than my previous one which was a lower power level. The built-in crevice tool is very useful, and slides in and out easily.
Published 5 months ago by bookworm8

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but has a few drawbacks
You get plenty of suction from this unit, and it has a little pull out nozzle that gives you few inches of reach into hard to get areas. It's not too heavy to use

The main issue is the short amount of time you get from it, only 12 minutes from a 24 hour charge (although thankfully the charger has a cut off function to stop overcharging).

Also it has...
Published 5 months ago by Russell G. Pottinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical product, 24 April 2014
bookworm8 "bookworm8" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Vax H86-GA-B Gator Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 0.3 L, White and Orange (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This arrived well-packed and in excellent condition.
The handle has an open end, which I find less useful than my previous one, which had a closed end, but that is just a personal preference, it doesn't affect the use of the vacuum.
It holds its charge well and the power does not seem to tail off until its just about run out of charge.
I am very pleased with it and recommend this product if you are looking for a reasonably-priced, sturdy, quite powerful hand-held.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful little scamp!, 19 Jun 2014
The usual suspect (2nd aisle on the right, top shelf) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I spotted the Gator on Vine whilst I was actually on the lookout for a car vacuum cleaner. The description did mention 'Built in crevice tools for cleaning difficult, hard to reach areas', so that indicated it maybe up to the task.
It turns out the Gator is ok in the car but the crevice tool is kinda pathetic and reaching in between the front seats (where the coins always go...) is a no-go. The main footwells and seats all get a good clean however. The vacuum is pretty strong for a 10.8V device.
Around the home, it's more adept . I'm a messy eater and the Gator has been tested on cake, peas, breadcrumbs and poppadum to name a few. All get scooped up efficiently from carpet.
Battery life is normal for one of these cleaners. I've not run out of juice yet. It says 8mins and 8 mins is surprisingly long when you think about it. I can do the car, no problem. Small jobs around the house (for what it was intended), 8 mins is more than enough. just pop it back on charge after and life is good.
The hardware itself is well built. The front cavity is very cool actually! Press two side buttons in and up pops the bonnet, allowing the detritus to fallout into your bin. When the filter needs a clean, another button fully releases the entire frontend. It's all a very neat system. I dare say that if it were used in a pub, it may even impress the girls?
All in all, it deserves a place in the home. I would like to see the crevice thingy improved in version 2.0.

Weight: 1.2Kg
Length: 35cm / 14"
Width: 12.5cm / 5"
Height: 14cm / 5.5"

5.0 out of 5 stars Best handheld vacuum I've tried, 2 Jun 2014
J. Leckie "jayne2904" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really pleased with this vacuum. It's light, efficient and very effective at picking up dirt.
I've tried a few similar products and this is by far the best. It's great for hoovering my stair carpets!
Great item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this, 23 Jun 2014
I have used this in our caravan when we are away & it does a good job; the suction seems quite powerful. My only criticism is it doesn't seem to work for very long after charge, but may be that is my fault & I haven't been charging it long enough, but I would recommend it .

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty hot, 4 May 2014
Amazon Customer (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm most impressed with this powerful beastie. I still haven't run out of charge in a fraught week (plague of hamsters which need constant cleaning). It has an extendable tube. However this is no different to other designs such as the ryobi. It's drawback is of course the bespoke charging lead which has to be carefully stored (can't think where it's got to at the moment....argh).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good handheld cleaner., 14 July 2014
Great little vacuum cleaner for picking up crumbs and a quick clean around the car. It isn't as good as a full size vacuum cleaner but is good for that quick clean up until you have time to get out the larger one. it's easy to operate and easy to empy the dirt out. The extended spout doesn't stay out if you press too hard but is again easy to pull out and is v useful in the car for under seats etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars After having several Black and Decker Handhelds that were pretty powerless this has really impressed me, 19 Aug 2014
After having several Black and Decker Handhelds that were pretty powerless this has really impressed me . The Vax has great suction power and a good battery life. It does everything asked of it and will suck up pet hairs from furniture etc. Easy to clean and empty. I would recommend this to anyone thinking of buying a handheld cleaner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Vax., 14 May 2014
A quality product thats easy to use and does a good job. It can be used anywhere, very versatile. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Little Vacuum!, 15 Oct 2014
I received this cleaner and did not hesitate to get it out the box and get it on charge as I desperate to see if this would live up to the claims Vax make. I charged the unit for a full 24 hours and then got to the cleaning. I have pets and they make a lot of mess, I mean a lot of mess. Food pellets and bedding everywhere. I also have a lot of stairs in my house which tend to get dirty very quickly. I need a handheld as the big vacuum is too big to sit on the stairs and the hose is to short to reach the top. I first went to work on the pets mess. The Gator gobbled up all of the food pellets and made light work of the very heavy bedding mess. I was really impressed as I have owned many handhelds and none them have been able to pick up the relatively large and quite weighty chunks of bedding but the Gator did! The Gator passed the pet test but what about stairs. Well the stairs had quite a lot of mud on them with it being Autumn and lots of polystyrene bits from some flat pack furniture I had unboxed the previous day. The other handhelds would just blow light particles away. The mud would normally just fall out the minute I turned the unit off but no the Gators strong suction dealt with the particles no problem.

The Gator has a clever design where the dirt is transferred up the top of the bin and dropped into the bin from the top like a lot of cylinder vacuum cleaners. This design means the contents of the dustbin doesn't drop out of the front of the cleaner when you lift it up which is a common problem for a lot of handhelds. The Gator is well balanced in the hand and the on and off switch is nice and easy to access and use. The cleaner features a 10.8 volt Battery and the manual states a 15 minute run time although in my experience I have been getting closer to 18-19 minutes. The unit has no accessories because the crevice tool is built into the front of the unit. This has a bit of a drawback though as that means there is no dusting brush which is an attachment I did use quite frequently. Maybe that's something to think about for the next generation of Gators?

Pro's- - It is powerful - It has a decent run time - It has an easy empty dust bin - It is fairly quiet

Con's- - No dusting brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but has a few drawbacks, 2 May 2014
Russell G. Pottinger (Dundee) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Also it has this 'Gator' opening by pressing a button on the side, that opens it to allow easy emptying after use. Unfortunately I found a lot of dirt just stuck to the filter, which then left me pulling fluff off the filter by hand.