on 2 September 2014
Really good laptop pleased with everything but the shell. The shell is flimsy and certainly wont last any hard knocks. I look after my stuff so I cant see it being a big problem but it certainly isn't a solid construction. Only reason for the 4 stars.

As for sound, minor adjustment it is fine?
on 27 May 2014
I have faced constant problems with this laptop since purchase like Wireless failing to connect constantly. My Webcam is also not working. Have tried refreshing PC. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit details below. I only bought this laptop a few weeks ago and it's failing in a number of areas. Plus Toshiba's built in software is apalling. Whist it has the specs, Toshiba seem unable to get it to run smoothly. This may in part be the fault of the OS overall but seems unlikely since I ran Windows 8 on an old Dell inspiron for the last year with no problem, I am therefore very disappointed with this product.

4E045913S SERIAL 4E045913SSSCGJ004ENB

Freezes often
Restarts unexpectedly
Can't get free Telegraph membership
on 21 September 2014
This isn't the first lap top I've had, but it certainly the most difficult and frustrating to set up. I had to ring help line in the end and the person helping was very good, though he had trouble too... eventually it was set up. since then everything is O.K.
on 19 September 2014
I 100% do not recommend this laptop, it costs over £400 and the first day it came I've have had lots of problems. It came with a virus that would not let me connect to the internet which I had to get sorted out, which cost me over 40 pound. Another problem it came with was the pc watchdog violation error, basically at times it stopped my whole computer from working and having too restart it every time this happened at least 2 times each day. I left it for a while as I thought it would stop but keep on going until I had to get it sorted AGAIN. This cost me another 40 pound which is horrendous. So after buying the £430 pound laptop I had to spend another £80 to get it to work. So don't BUY THIS LAPTOP.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2014
My old Dell laptop finally broke after many years so I bought this one thinking it would be an upgrade as it has better specs... Well it's not.
I'm not sure which problems are related to the atrocity of Windows 8.1 or to this laptop. Hopefully installing Windows 7 will sort them out. However, whenever I use Skype it freezes and restarts the computer, I've had a problem with updating the software (just stopping halfway through so had to turn it off by the button) and it runs soooo slow (I've gotten rid of as many programs as possible). Basically it's annoying to use and doing simple things takes a lot longer than it should.

If Windows 7 sorts out the issues then it is an okay laptop: it looks good and the price was reasonable.
on 26 April 2014
I bought this Toshiba Satellite Laptop for my son's 18th birthday and he absolutely loves it. The graphics are fantastic, it's very fast, it's fairly light. An excellent buy. Definitely recommend it.
11 comment9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2015
No graphics card.
Integrated webcam and microphone stopped working in the first week.
The body work is nice and looks good but scratches easily and quickly ruins.
Mouse pad refuses to work when it has a hair trapped or a piece of dust touching it.
on first boot-up laptop has dozens of unneeded software installed that just plain slow it the laptop down.

now with the good:
Despite not having a graphics card the specs of the laptop are ideal and can run heavy duty software (not including games) such as adobe products.
Keyboard functions well
Screen is okay, and has adjustable brightness.
I5 processor.
8GB ram
lightweight
good screen size.
on 26 August 2014
Brilliant machine need to watch how DVDS are insrted though.
on 30 October 2014
Problems with this laptop from day one.

I was transferring files from my old laptop to my new C55-A-1N4 via USB pen. Half way through, the blue screen (of Death) pops up to tell me KERNAL-ERROR-HD. I turn the laptop off and then back on.

Now the screen is black and reads
"Reboot and select proper boot device"
The hard drive in this laptop is of a poor quality. I've been trying to contact toshiba to have it repaired but there customer service for the UK is abismal.

If anyone has had a similar problem. I'd very much like to hear any possible solutions other than sending the laptop back to Toshiba.
on 1 October 2014
The laptop is fine as such except is has a fault. It randomly powers down. Doesn't matter if its running on battery or mains or how long it has been running. Sometimes after a few minutes or hours. It records the problem in the events log. Toshiba support took days to respond and were uninterested in any technical data from the logs and basically said it's got either a motherboard or battery fault and to go back to Amazon. So it's going back and I'll be an ex Toshiba customer.