5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A rice cooker just right for a single's home
OK, so I've lived in Japan and visited Korea, where a home is a likely to be without a rice cooker as it is to be without a bathroom. Rice cookers are a way of life in the Far East. But even the smallest ones I could ever find, have a capacity of 6 portions. That makes sense for a family, but if you live on your own ... ?

In the UK, you can get Western made...
Published 1 month ago by Alana

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissatisfied.
not as expected, low quality made in China, could have bought far superior product at less than 50% of the price,
Published 6 months ago by melvin leeming

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A rice cooker just right for a single's home, 31 Oct 2014
Alana (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Mini Rice Cooker

In the UK, you can get Western made rice cookers, but they generally are more clunky, less high tech and not up to the Japanese standard. So my expectations were low for this rice cooker. But in reality, its really great.

This rice cooker is really tiny. Its actually freed off part of my worktop. Its the size I've always wanted. It cooks from 1 to 3 portions, where a portion (1 cup) is what an average (non-teenager/sportsman) would eat with their fish/meat. So that's perfect for me, even if I have someone round for a meal. It feels right to use a device this small to cook rice for just one person. I've consigned my big rice cooker to the store room. I'll dig it out again when I'm married with two kids :-)

This device also cooks the rice nicely. I think its as good as my expensive Japanese one. It doesn't have the extra options those cookers had, but I rarely used them anyway. Also, I've a feeling its a few minutes quicker than the bigger ones - well that would make sense, since it has less empty space to heat up. (BTW, I also always fill up with boiling water to shorten the cooking time).

I am very happy with this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Nov 2014