5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A rice cooker just right for a single's home
OK, so I've lived in Japan and visited Korea, where a home is a likely to be without a rice cooker as it is to be without a bathroom. Rice cookers are a way of life in the Far East. But even the smallest ones I could ever find, have a capacity of 6 portions. That makes sense for a family, but if you live on your own ... ?

In the UK, you can get Western made...
Published 3 months ago by Alana

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissatisfied.
not as expected, low quality made in China, could have bought far superior product at less than 50% of the price,
Published 7 months ago by melvin leeming

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A rice cooker just right for a single's home, 31 Oct. 2014
Alana (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Mini Rice Cooker

In the UK, you can get Western made rice cookers, but they generally are more clunky, less high tech and not up to the Japanese standard. So my expectations were low for this rice cooker. But in reality, its really great.

This rice cooker is really tiny. Its actually freed off part of my worktop. Its the size I've always wanted. It cooks from 1 to 3 portions, where a portion (1 cup) is what an average (non-teenager/sportsman) would eat with their fish/meat. So that's perfect for me, even if I have someone round for a meal. It feels right to use a device this small to cook rice for just one person. I've consigned my big rice cooker to the store room. I'll dig it out again when I'm married with two kids :-)

This device also cooks the rice nicely. I think its as good as my expensive Japanese one. It doesn't have the extra options those cookers had, but I rarely used them anyway. Also, I've a feeling its a few minutes quicker than the bigger ones - well that would make sense, since it has less empty space to heat up. (BTW, I also always fill up with boiling water to shorten the cooking time).

I am very happy with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only rice cooker to cook half a cup, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Judge Mini Rice Cooker
Excellent little rice cooker suitable for 1 or 2 people. Most rice cookers have a minimum of 1-2 cups of rice but this one allows you to cook half a cup which is great for me as that is more than enough and I don't like eating reheated rice.

I had bought one of these in HK not of the same brand but of a very simple look. This one has a much better build quality and comes with a small rice measuring cup and a rice paddle.

I have used it a couple of times a week for the past few weeks and is has been easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small quantities., 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Judge Mini Rice Cooker
This is a very good size for cooking 1-2 portions of rice. It takes up much less space than my larger rice cooker and doesn't burn the rice at the bottom of the pan. Build quality also feels much better than my larger (Crockpot) version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this rice cooker but should have read the capacity ..., 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Judge Mini Rice Cooker
Love this rice cooker but should have read the capacity as it is too small. Only two portions of rice and I needed four at least. Quick delivery and very easy return procedure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Nov. 2014