5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device
Published 9 months ago by Barbieg

1.0 out of 5 stars After a day of trying everything to get it going ...
After a day of trying everything to get it going - its still sitting in the box as it just wont work ! I have now bought a BT call guardian phone which works with no problems...The call Saint box just didnt do it for me. I had the patience of a saint, but to no avail it seems!
Published 2 months ago by Mr C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
I didn't buy this from Amazon but wanted to say a couple of things. If you have a micro filter fitted on your telephone line you don't set the call saint up as the instructions tell you to. I had to ring call saint, who were fantastic and very patient with me, to talk me through. Please don't think it doesn't work if you have a problem. They told me they were in the process of rewriting a quick set up guide for those of us who have a filter . I cannot fault them for customer service (UK) based too. The blocker itself works extremely well and is so much cheaper than it's rivals.
Have had this for a few weeks and still thrilled with it, especially as it has been updated so that you can block calls from the hand set as well by just pressing the star button and immediatly pressing the off button.( the red telephone symbol ) fantastic when you see that a rival one that does the same is double the price. Real value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Silence is Bliss", 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
I ordered this item as we were fed up receiving an excessive amount of calls from Sales People, PPI claims, free boilers, silent calls etc. sometimes as many as 3 within a 30 minute period. I received this item the day after I ordered it and set it up right away and it is very easy to set up within minutes. I am over 60 years old and found it very easy to do and it doesn't affect the efficiency of your broadband
Talk about "Silence is Golden" I have noticed the benefits of having this blocker in the first 24 hours as I blocked all numbers beginning 08 and 00 and up to now it has worked a treat! As other calls come through which are unwelcome you just press the "Blacklist" button and their number is stored in the device and blocked if they try to phone again. This item is worth it's weight in gold and well worth the price. I would recommend this item to anyone who is plagued by nuisance calls as we were.

5.0 out of 5 stars This actually works (and well)!, 11 Mar. 2014
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
Despite subscribing to the Telephone Preference Service etc. we frequently receive unwanted calls. However, since installing the Call Saint we seem to have largely cured the problem. I say this after having tried other models of nuisance call blockers that just didn't work largely because they failed to block calls or blocked even legitimate calls. The Call Saint is one of the lowest cost models I've seen but comes complete with everything you need to get up and running and above all it actually works.

In the box you get the device (which doesn't need batteries - it is powered from your phone line), instructions, a connection lead that fits into the wall socket plus a connection socket which connects the Call Saint to your phone (we are using ours with a DECT cordless phone). There is also a small stand or you can wall mount the unit. It takes about 1-2 minutes to fit this device and that's it. The instruction book although in quite small font, is clear and in good English. An additional attraction of the Call Saint brand is that they have UK based support facilities by both email and phone. The clever thing about the design of this device is that it uses your phone to key in simple settings etc. this saves the device having a cluttered keyboard and reduces cost.

The LCD display contrast can be adjusted and the information displayed which includes the day, date, year and callers number etc. is clear. The thing I like is that you can either enter numbers you know are unwanted callers in advance or at the press of a button when they ring you can add them to the list of barred numbers. You can also control the numbers that your phone can be used to call, so, if you have kids, guests or lodgers you can restrict the use of your phone. The only thing (as with all call blockers) you need to be careful of is that if you bar a withheld number that then remember, that bar applies to all withheld numbers.

As we often work from home and hate unnecessary phone calls the Call Saint has reduced our level of stress considerably. We also found it is genuinely easy to get to know - it is now a friend. This is a product we've very quickly taken to and find very useful - there's no going back now. The price, quality and effectiveness of the device are very good and it has exceeded our expectations. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but is a rebranded pro call blocker, 18 Jun. 2014
C T (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
This item does what it says on the box. The box is top quality call saint branded however the unit is a pro call blocker with a tacky sticker covering the original branding. The unit is cheap looking and very light but after setting it up I have hidden it under the phone table out of sight.
I have set it up to block withheld numbers along with specific nuisance numbers I retrieved from my phone. It also allowed me to block 00 as a specific incoming number but still allow friends to call from abroad.
The unit stops your phone ringing when a blocked number calls. The person phoning hears a ring tone then the line goes quiet but they are still connected or a good few seconds. They do not know they have been blocked the just get silence , how annoying for them. I am using this with a twin set panosonic dect phone .

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible bit of telephone kit, 16 Mar. 2014
Tommy Dooley "Tom" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
If you have a phone you will get unwanted calls at some point in your life. If you have accidentally let your number be put on the open market, than you will be inundated with such nuisance calls. I found out that by putting your details on a price comparison site they will sell your details to third parties. I was getting up to sixteen `sales' calls a day and asked my phone provider about blocking for which there is a monthly service charge; and it is charged in advance.

So when I was offered this I jumped at the chance. Please note that I did receive a copy in exchange for an honest review. This is designed to block unwanted calls. It is very easy to set up and is connected to your phone with cables that are provided. Then you need to set the date and time - once again very simple and the instruction book is both clear and easy to follow.

You can adjust the screen brightness too which is welcomed. Once working you can view the last 100 callers and then chose who to block. It also records any outgoing calls including the date and time, which can be very handy in shared houses. You can also block outgoing calls in case someone is phoning top notch pay per minute lines or something like that. Blocking is not forever you can unblock calls just as easy. In case you think Call saint will be tampered with you can also put in a PIN.

You can also block all dialling codes from a certain area - which is nice if you have offended say Barnsley or some place. And you can block anonymous or `withheld' numbers too, which are the most annoying. Two things to note are that you have to have caller recognition for this to work, it relies on the phone to tell it; this is a service that is now also charged for. International sales calls can be blocked but if like me you have friends abroad then I will also block them so bit annoying but nothing to do with this. So easy to install, set up and use and could save you bags of time from being hassled by people trying to sell you stuff that you really do not want - an absolute must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget!, 24 Oct. 2014
dj.si (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
For anyone who is fed up with receiving marketing calls (PPI, surveys, etc.) on their landline, the Call Saint may well be the solution. The number of such calls I receive has been increasing and driving me crazy, but since I've installed the Call Saint the phone stays totally silent when they call, so I'm not disturbed. It's great!

The Call Saint allows specific numbers to be blocked, and can also block "area codes" - in practice it appears to work for any particular prefix. For example, I've set the Call Saint to block all numbers starting with 084, and that has already eliminated probably 90% of all nuisance calls. If required, the Call Saint can block withheld and international numbers as well.

I have several extension sockets and several phones, but the Call Saint needs to be connected to only one of them. None of the phones makes the slightest noise when I'm called from a blocked number. And my broadband connection still works perfectly. (As is required anyway, the router and each phone are all connected via ADSL microfilters.)

A few tips:

- For the Call Saint to work you must subscribe to Caller Display on your landline. (Talk to your phone line provider. This typically costs 99p per month or is even free with some providers.)

- If you have a broadband router and ADSL microfilters, be sure to connect the Call Saint correctly. The correct connection order is: telephone->Call Saint->ADSL microfilter->landline socket on the wall. Connecting the Call Saint in between the wall socket and the ADSL microfilter is wrong, and is probably the reason for many of the problems noted by other reviewers. (It would help if Call Saint actually put a connection diagram in their user guide!) In my home, the Call Saint is connected via a microfilter to one extension socket (not the master socket), and the router is connected via a microfilter to a different extension socket, and it all works perfectly.

- If things aren't working properly, check that you have good quality ADSL microfilters like the XF-1e (Google 'XF-1e microfilter'). Or contact Call Saint for advice. (They responded quickly to my e-mails.)

- Just as a point of interest, the Call Saint works by quickly answering and then immediately hanging up on any call from a blocked number. It also requires no batteries as it's powered from the phone line.

Bottom line: For me this was money well spent - I am no longer running to the phone when these annoying scumbags call me!

5.0 out of 5 stars With Caller Display you are away, 28 Mar. 2014
Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
Just make sure you have a caller display service as part of your telephone set up and you can take control of who rings you with Call Saint.

What a pleasure to press 'Blacklist' when yet another unwanted caller asks you 'how you are today, Mam' ( giveaway) Gradually eradicating those nuisance calls.

You can set this up to automatically block the numbers used by call centres, as well as Withheld and International, you decide.

The small white box resembles one I had a while ago that shows you who has rung, in nice big numbers, always handy to know with this extra helpful service now included. It's easy to set up, my mother, in her ninth decade, could manage it.

I notice that some new phones come with this service built in but for those of us otherwise happy with our telephone set up, this is just the job. Thank you Call Saint for giving me back control of my phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars BARRED!!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
A heaven sent device which blocks unwanted calls.

Installation and set up is easy, and to date the device has worked well. The box shows the number of the caller and the call can be blocked at this stage by simply pressing a button on the box at which point the call is disconnected and the number placed in the barred number list. It is also possible to terminate and block calls which you may have answered in error, or to review a call list on the box and select numbers to bar from this, which is useful if undesirable calls are made while you're away from the phone.
The box also allows you to block all calls which do not provide a caller number.

There are other functions which allow you to bar international calls, to control outgoing calls and to bar calls from particular dialling codes( e.g 08 will bar all calls starting with08,including 0800. 0844, 0845 etc.) which I haven't yet tried out.

Please remember that you need to have call id implemented by your telephone provider for this box to work.

To date, the call barring has worked well and I would certainly recommend this device if you, like me are plagued with cold callers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
I was surprised at how small the blocker was, which is great as it didn't take up much room next to my phone.

Setting it up was straightforward. It comes with two cables and you plug one of them into the blocker and the other end into the phone socket in the wall. The other cable also goes into the blocker and then you plug the cable from your phone into the other end of the second cable. I was surprised that you didn't need a plug to power the blocker.

The date and time set automatically and then you're ready to program the blocker. I was getting a lot of sales calls from withheld numbers so the first thing I did was turn on blocking anonymous callers. I was also getting a lot of calls from 0800 and 0845 numbers and none of my friends call from these numbers so I set the blocker up to block all calls that start with 08. By blocking all anonymous callers and numbers starting with 08 cut a lot of the calls getting through to me. Any other calls that do get through are pretty easy to block, all you have to do is press the blacklist button when they call and then their number's blocked.

I have to admit that I wasn't convinced that this blocker was going to stop calls getting through to me when I bought it. But having this blocker in place has made a huge difference to the number of time wasters calling me. When we first set it up I had to check that my phone was still working because we hardly got any calls! If you're fed up of receiving sales calls like I was, then this will be one of the best purchases you will ever make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine 'Call Saint' How could I live without it?, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
The 'Call Saint' is amazing! No ' withheld' calls any more, the phone just does not ring! For you friends whose phones automatically 'withhold' their numbers, all they need to do is first key 142 followed by your number!
For those nasty annoying people who phone telling you 'you are owed £20000 for your injuries' I had 4 today....all you do is press * on your phone and their number is blocked, and they can never get though again on that number, but don't worry if you block the wrong number, it can be unblocked.
You can see this devise cheaper and not called 'Call Saint', but the Call Saint Customer Service help desk, is second to none! They are just brilliant friendly people if there is anything you don't understand and worth every extra penny!

You can only if you wish see how many pointless calls you have not had to answer! I used to get so fed up of running in from the garden only to be met with...Did you know....etc etc!

Buy! I recommend the genuine Call Saint every day. £25 well spent!