Colour Name: Green|Change

Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Logitech invite you to "pump up the volume" with this Bluetooth speaker. What happens if you do?

First, you've got to pair it with your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth device. I found it easy to connect to my Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 7 (2013) tablets. Just turn the speaker on, enable Bluetooth on the tablet, press the button on the speaker, find the device, pair and go. Pairing with Bluetooth devices is much easier than it used to be.

You can also connect via an audio cable, but you'll have to provide your own as Logitech don't include one in the package. Nor do they include a charger, although they do provide a USB charging cable. This is pretty common these days and if you've got a smartphone or tablet you've probably already got a USB charger or two as well, not to mention a spare cable. It does come with a nifty cord loop that lets you hang the speaker from, say, a doorknob or a tent post. Pretty convenient and a good idea.

Logitech claim a battery life of up to five hours. This is going to depend on how loud you play your music and how far the speaker is from your phone. I would expect connecting it directly rather than via Bluetooth to give more playing time.

The finish is a kind of rubbery plastic, so you've got some confidence that the speaker won't scratch easily and will survive a minor fall.

So, what about the important bit? What does it sound like? Mostly, it's smooth and undistorted. The bass is reasonable given the size of the speaker (and the actual driver is smaller than the overall diameter of the speaker) but naturally it doesn't go very deep. Highs are fine - it's only the mids that let it down. They're a bit recessed so vocals aren't quite as clear as they could be. All the same, the overall effect is relaxed and reasonably refined.

Unfortunately, pumping up the volume isn't going to rock the block as the maximum sound level isn't all that high. The sound does, however, remain quite clean even with everything turned right up. Just don't try to get the party started with it - this speaker is better suited to a bedroom or study than a lounge.
on 30 June 2014
Exactly as expected - connects easily with good sound and volume for its size. Could do with a soft case though.
VINE VOICEon 10 August 2015
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've got some much bulkier speakers for trips in the car or where we're staying for a week or more. They have a woofer unit and 2 small side speakers but need to be wired into USB power and an audio jack to work and have lots of connecting wires. The same goes for our much smaller Logitech Z205 speakers. Those are a mini stereo bar from 5 years back and sound reasonably good - but need USB power and a stereo jack to work, so very far from wireless. So I was delighted to get the chance to try out this new wireless travel speaker. It took about 30 seconds to get it playing music wirelessly from my Android tablet and the battery lasted well out of the packet without me charging it. I like the subtle blue flashing light when the speaker's on and it also plays fine if you're charging it, with a mauve flashing light, which flashes much slower when it's off and charging and goes off when it's charged. It charges from USB and uses the usual Android phone/tablet cable - it comes with a cable but not a plug, not an issue, we've got so many. But that means that this little speaker is not going to add a single cable or plug when we travel.

So the crucial thing was, yes it's very neat and totally wireless but does it sound good? The answer is yes. It will easily fill a small room without distortion and has a good dynamic range for such a tiny unit. It sounded good on pop/rock music (Eels, Springsteen etc) with more bass than you would have thought possible. If it was a kitchen radio you'd think "pretty good sound". If a main hi-fi you'd say "that's awful!". But then who expects main hi-fi sound from a tiny mono speaker? I also tried it on some Sibelius and Schumann symphonies and was very impressed. So I think we'll be using this speaker quite a lot, on shorter trips, eg city breaks, and also round the house. It works fine via bluetooth from my phone or tablet and also makes a pretty compact music playing unit wired to my Sansa mp3 player via a stereo jack lead.
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A sleek looking portable speaker with buttons big enough to see, but not protruding so doesn't detract from the smooth lines. Easy to connect via Bluetooth to my phone, sound quality was good - better than a phone.

But - it's not very loud. And I don't mean ear splitting or anything like that but loud enough to be useful if you are not sitting anywhere in absolute quiet so not much cop if you are in a young trendy group wanting a bit of music whilst having a BBQ. Even at my advanced age I like to be able to hear the sounds not guess at it.

And size wise it falls down too. There are similar or even slightly smaller portable speakers that offer better volume and are no more of a task to carry around. It's too big to be easily dumped into a woman's handbag or your back pocket so you may as well get one of the smaller speakers if you truly want ultra portability or go bigger for better sound and accept the fact that you'll use a bit more space up. In other words it falls between the cracks being neither one thing or another.

It is well made as much of the Logitech stuff is and I have no doubt that it will not fail easily. Easily connects and sound is very good but a bit too quiet for proper usefulness. Overall I think this falls into the 'nice to have,' category.
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2015
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Logitech X100 allows you to stream your music, via Bluetooth, from a paired device. Pairing the speaker and the device is easy to do; you simply press the bluetooth button and look for it from your mobile device or computer. Once you have paired it with a device, it will automatically connect on future uses.

Sound quality is surprisingly good for such a small piece of equipment. It is so small, it literally can fit in the palm of your hand, making it extremely portable. For it's size, it also has the ability to be in use for several hours minimum, before needing to be charged.

Aesthetically, the speaker looks good, and feels very solid. This is partly due to the rubber feel on the external surfaces, Be warned that this type of finish can make a device seem more robust than it actually is. Despite the finish, the product is not actually splash proof, or capable of withstanding falls.

The Logitech X100 is available in several colour varieties. I have the dark grey model, but there are livelier options available should you wish to have something a bit more flamboyant.

Overall, the Logitech X100 appears to be a well-made bluetooth portable speaker. It achieves a good quality of sound, and is so very compact. Highly recommended.
on 17 May 2014
This is the 3rd different Logitech speaker we have in the family. They are beautifully designed and made. I would expect them to last a long time. This has great clear sound quality. It will play louder that you have a right to expect for a speaker this size. I like the way you can prop it on its side when it is very stable or obviously put it flat. The colours are great. I like the slightly quirky design - common to their other speakers. This is a very high quality speaker. There are cheaper speakers but they do not have the class of this product.
on 1 February 2016
I didn't buy from Amazon on this occasion because I found the item on special offer for much less elsewhere.

This was an upgrade from a magnificent little Altec speaker which has no Bluetooth and takes AAA batteries. The Logitech X100 is a little smaller, neat and the sound is more than adequate for most purposes. The reason I have docked a star is because there is no mini jack audio cable included so anybody wanting to connect a device lacking Bluetooth will have to buy one. I already had a suitable cable and my desktop PC, without Bluetooth, is connected directly to the speaker.

A question I had but couldn't find an answer to is whether the X100 can be left permanently connected by USB to charge and be used at the same time. So far that's working out without any problem. Otherwise, I'd worry that the battery might go completely flat making the device useless.
VINE VOICEon 9 August 2015
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As the rubberized finish on this speaker suggests, this small gadget seems fairly durable. The little loop on the top allows you to hang the speaker on a doorknob or (in my case) hotel bed post, though, of course, it can also just lay flat. As part of your travel load, it weighs almost nothing, under 200g.

Battery life gives you evening of output. If your source device doesn't have Bluetooth there's a line input. It charges via Micro-USB, just like my phone.

I use it for speech radio but it's ok for basic music listening too, it easily sounds better than the internal speakers on my phone. I thought it sounded fairly natural and mostly managed to avoid sounding harsh.

It's small so don't expect too much bass, but for casual listening, or my use case: being away from home, it saves weight (I can abandon my tablet) and provides good sound.
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This latest Bluetooth speaker from Logitech carries a surprisingly good performance given its compact dimensions. Of course it is not the same as a larger sound bar/ dock but , in comparison to other mini speakers we've used, this tastefully finished grey unit is right up at the top of the pile.

Easy to charge via the USB cable ( simply plug into your normal Apple/ Android charger unit) , the claimed battery life of 5 hours was achieved with what I would call normal volume levels. Bluetooth pairing was easy with iPhones and iPads.

Best compliment I can pay this impressive unit is that our early teens daughter borrowed it to use with her iPhone and we haven't got it back!

If the instructions were just a little clearer, this would have earned 5 stars but that really is a small quibble. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 10 August 2015
Colour Name: Grey|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have always found Logitech audio products to be of good quality and reasonably priced. I have an iPod dock which has served me reliably for years. This little bluetooth speaker has a reasonably rich sound which belies it's diminutive proportions. It has decent top volume and bass levels with very little distortion evident. Although the instructions are pictorial in nature rather than language-based I found them easy to follow and I had the speaker connected to my mobile phone in no time at all. An ideal travel speaker which is light in weight and takes up next to no luggage space. Also good for listening to music in the garden etc. Recommended.

See one answered question