on 30 October 2014
When I first bought this I thought it was expensive but actually it is very good value and it works. I bought this alongside Claire's Vintage Heart lace mat. I mixed up one amount and filled around 12 mats - plenty for covering the biggest tiered cake. What I found with the mixture is that by whisking for a long time you incorporate a lot of air bubbles which can show through in the finished lace. I found the lace improved as time went on so next time I will not whisk so long and probably leave the mixture standing for a while with a damp cloth over the bowl. I tried the oven method and the air dry method. The oven is definitely better. To apply the mixture to the lace I used a very flexible small spatula which really got the paste into all the intricate places. This is much better than her recommended knife, which I wouldn't bother with. I also tried colouring some of the mixture with Sugarflair Paste - red - which I used on a red velvet cake with white fondant. This worked really well. All in all a great product.
on 1 May 2014
Delivered quickly, good clear instructions, quick and easy to use. Really pleased with the results, I do have to air dry the product as my oven temperature does not go low enough to dry in the oven. I would recommend to anyone wanting as easy to use cake lace.
on 28 May 2014
I love this product, very straight forward instructions and great results each time, would recommend to any cake decorator new or old
on 13 June 2014
Brilliant product was sure it wouldn't work as promised but it did, so easy to use results were fantastic couldn't ask for any better . Love it would recommend. Want to make another cake to use again !!!!
on 17 March 2015
Pittering was a problem when dried too much air from whisking left overnight tried again the same spoilt the whole effect tried again hand whisking this time same problem wouldn't buy again disappointed
on 10 July 2014
Excellent product. I was sceptical about it but it works like magic! I'm very pleased with it. Easy to mix, sets well, easy to remove/ peel off mold and tastes mildly sweet and powdery once ready.
on 3 July 2014
Wow what a wonderful profesional look
Worth every penny!
on 18 March 2015
Excellent, does what it says on the instructions and as demonstrated on Youtube. I had already tried the Lakeland stuff and that was useless!
on 16 October 2015
Reasonable product but instructions on side so small that they are unreadable and had to go on-line to find out how to use. Surely not too much effort to put separate written instructions inside tub. A measuring device would also be useful.
on 27 March 2014
Super fast service, lovely product. Take your time to follow the instructions and with practice and patience you can achieve great results.