5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, must buy... :D
Let me start off by saying, don't underestimate this beautiful camera. It may be smaller than a larger DSLR or a SLR but this point and shoot is great if you want to learn photography in all its elements.
Published 5 months ago by Carrie

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Bought this to upgrade from my Nikon coolpix 2100 (2M pixel) I bought 10 years ago. Very disappointed. All photos are soft and my little 2MP camera knocks spots of the L830 with sharpness. How can it be when I zoom into a 4608 × 3456 pixels image taken on the L830 and zoom in about 10 times, its full of artefacts and blurring. Taking a wide shot of my garden and it cant...
Published 2 months ago by Rockrabbit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, must buy... :D, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Nikon Coolpix L830 ( 16.76 MP,34 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
My first initial reaction to the crisp images was great, you cant go wrong with the images, I’ve used this everyday since it arrived. I've used all the settings and all the filters to see what this camera was capable of, you wont be disappointed if you like making this images stand out. The flash doesn't saturate the images, it keeps the clear and bright. With the filters you can get Easy Auto Mode which gives you a standard crisp images. The Scene mode comes in handy for those special occasions like Firework night, Christmas, birthdays and any other special occasion you really like. The special effects mode is my favourite, my favourite function is Vivid mode because it brings out colours like the sunset and bright flowers without messing up the colours that you really like. Now the smart portrait is a good tool to use whilst taking portraits of yourself or other people, it reduces red eye, gives you skin softening effects and of course brings out your facial features really well. Auto mode is just for your standard shooting, its something you use if you don’t want to get into the technical modes. If your reading this wandering whether this superb camera records good quality videos then you don’t have to look any further because it does at a whopping 1080p, now that I believe is great. You can put the camera on a tripod to take a timer photo for family pictures or to keep a very steady picture of animals. The best thing about this amazing camera is the 34x optical zoom, that’s enough to view the moon with great detail. There is only 1 con and that this truly amazing camera doesn't have a viewfinder, it hasn't bothered me not having one. I 100% recommend this beautiful camera. MUST BUY... A++++++++++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply put the best bridge camera I ever used and I've tried plenty ..., 25 Feb. 2015
Pellegrino Pavli "rino68" (Ramsgate) - See all my reviews
Simply put the best bridge camera I ever used and I've tried plenty of them. Photo quality is amazing when you consider its not a Dslr.
If you don't want to get to deeply involved with Dslr type manual settings then you will want an almost full auto camera like this Nikon and the secret of a good photo is a Good Lens and this camera has it. The Zoom on this camera is the best I have seen with excellent optical stabilizer VR as Nikon calls it. Photo quality at full telephoto is very good and don't forget the fantastic special filters that can be used for Photo and Video modes. I love using the selective color filter with a very good palette to choose from. I will upload a few Test shots for you all to see. Also took me days to drain the plain AA batteries that came with the camera that is very efficient in the power dept. Rechargable AA last longer than other cameras I have used. To conclude I am very happy with the Nikon L830 and will be my main camera for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Idiot proof camera with a name you can trust!, 9 Nov. 2014
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought this camera two weeks ago to replace a camera I managed to drop! I am impressed with the speed, the features and the quality of the pics. The movies are better than any I have taken before too. I would recommend this camera to anyone looking for a relatively easy (idiot proof if you just stayed with the easy auto function) point and shoot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 9 Mar. 2014
First, let me say that I am not terribly techy. I can barely turn on the TV anymore. So please, read the specs on this because I can't explain what they mean anyway. This review is based solely on my experience with the camera.

We took this great little camera on a trip to Mexico not long ago and it was awesome. So easy to use that even I managed to get some spectacular photos. My eyes are over 40 years old (the rest of me feels 29) so I have some trouble seeing up close. Therefore, the pictures I took with this camera were kind of just point, shoot and pray. Well the prayers were answered because when we looked at the pictures later on a screen I could actually see, they turned out super crisp. In fact there was a topless sunbather in one that I hadn't seen and my son was delighted that I got such a sharp, focused shot! Ha.

The HD video is also super cool. My son is using it to launch his youtube career -- he really needs to focus on college. -- lousy content aside, the videos turn out great. I haven't used it for video, but he does and loves it.

This camera is really sturdy and well made. It bounced around in my bag, got knocked off the table a time or two, and overall wasn't treated as well as it should have been. It didn't miss a beat or even get a scratch.

The zoom is amazing. The display is great (or so I am told since I can't really see it). This is an all around great addition to the amateur photographer or as a basic family camera. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 13 Oct. 2014
An amazing camera! I have taken some great photos, there are many settings to chose from the quality on this camera is superb it is great to slip in your bag!

4.0 out of 5 stars ... product with point and shoot simplicity this is as good as gets and on those points I would give ..., 5 Jan. 2015
Ray J (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you want a quality product with point and shoot simplicity this is as good as gets and on those points I would give it 5 stars against the competition. It's no coincidence that Nikon (albeit DSLR type) is the choice of many professionals, as image quality and build quality are second to none. What is missing for the more serious user is a full manual override and this is essential for timed exposures and full control over aperture, ISO and shutter speed. Whilst there is a night landscape programme setting (and other programmes) full control under certain circumstance is essential, however that won't bother the majority of users. I could not post this review as a verified purchaser as the item was bought for me as a Christmas gift rather than a purchase I made. I am though a genuine owner of the product which I hope will give some reassurance.

5.0 out of 5 stars takes excellent pictures, easy to operate and understand, 3 Oct. 2014
very impressed, takes excellent pictures,easy to operate and understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little camera, 3 Aug. 2014
Not a bad little camera, very small and a job to handle sometimes, good quality pics. For the price it's satisfactory.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice neat camera with lots of hidden extras, 15 Jan. 2015
Mr. Piotr J. Masiak "Piotr" (MK, UK) - See all my reviews
I havw full sized Nikon (my daughter kept it!) so thought I'd treat myself for Xmas.
A nice neat camera with lots of hidden extras. (You find them!) Easy to use, semi-pro finish.
Why must lens cap be off when you only want to look at photos?
Why only battery powered ( I know you could use rechargeables but...?) And why is there no case - even a soft one? I have giant Nikon [Sony] bag, it can go in there and be safe. But still no protective covering: hence only 4* and not 5*
Enjoy the action.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best camera I've had, 13 Dec. 2014
A great camera, takes excellent photos and is easy to use. I didn't trust the cheap batteries that came with it so put different batteries in and that's what I would recommend anyone else does.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›