Format: MP3 Download|Change

Great job. Many thanks.
on 30 October 2015
Wonderful! Boss Time!!
on 29 January 2014
On first hearing this album I displayed immediate Tom Morello resistance by declaring that I didn't much like what he'd done to it with his scratchy guitar playing (quite unlike Bruce's style). However, I have now come to love his additions to The Ghost of Tom Joad (a song that I had previously not liked) and enjoy waking up my children's friends with it as I give them a lift to school in the morning. I love This Is Your Sword - an Irish/Scottish sounding song due to the inclusion of uilleann pipes, and other catchier songs such as Frankie Fell in Love and Just Like Fire Would. I like this version of American Skin and High Hopes is good too. The other songs are listenable and may grow on me still.
on 20 November 2015
Everything is oke ;-)
on 4 November 2015
brought for a present
on 25 January 2014
i consider myself a hardcore Springsteen fan and naturally I always look forward to new albums by the boss. First of all, my expectations weren't that high. I'm not a big fan of Working on a dream and Wrecking Ball. And I must admit, so far I'm not a big fan of High Hopes. I just miss the E-street sound in his latest records. High Hopes has too much Tom Morello for starters. The guy can play guitar, but it's just not my style. His playing on Ghost of Tom Joad is not doing the song justice. Give me Nils or Steve instead. I'm also not a big fan of the production of this album, there's a lack of 'band' feeling. Bits and pieces put together. There's too much vocal effects in my opinion.

Still, a mediocre Boss album is still better than 99% of the crap that's being produced today.
Bruce, you are still the greatest live performer around, but you are slacking in the studio my friend. Be a boss again.
on 20 January 2014
I don't know why some people have found a problem with this album being a collection of out-takes and tracks missed off other Springsteen albums.
I think it stands up as a great album in its own right & I love it, in my opinion it is a much better album than 'Working on A Dream', stand-out tracks being the title track, Harry's Place, American Skin, Frankie Fell in Love and the incredible electric version of The Ghost of Tom Joad.
If you get the limited edition release you also get the superb DVD of the entire Born to Run album live at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London on June 30, 2013 during the historic Wrecking Ball tour.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse