on 8 May 2014
love the first three books, good solid story line, wonderful characters and brilliant dialogue. I still enjoyed this story but felt that it was lacking, the story felt light and there was less weight to the whole book. It felt easier to read as though it lacked substacne.
It was nice to catch up with old friends but I fet that there was little development in anyone
I may read it again but its not on my to keep list.which is sad as I like these people and have enjoted reading about them
on 23 February 2014
Have read three other of her books and this one is equally as good.A good grasp of the period and well defined characters.A most enjoyable read.
on 28 January 2015
My first Lady Julia novella. I've been reading the books in order and this little book's storyline leads up to the "at long last" wedding of Lady Julia and our handsome hunk of a man, Nicholas Brisbane. Honestly, although there's no sexual details in these books, the kissing, the innuendo about their love life, etc. drives me up and over the wall. What a couple! Partners in life, semi-partners in the Enquiry Business. But that's going to be the fight of Julia's life to get Nicholas to allow her to be a true partner. He's too crazy in love with her to allow her to be put in danger. Then, again, she's too crazy out on a limb most of the time to be kept in a cage. So... it's either lock her up or let her do some stuff on occasion.

In this little novella, we have the family gathered together at Bellmont Abbey once again and there's a bit of a mystery and an unexpected guest from the past. But, all in all, it's just a few pages to let us catch up on our favorite team and the wedding. You will love the song Nicholas chooses for Julia's walk down the aisle. Someone has allowed him to be in charge of the music.
on 31 May 2015
Enjoyed the first four Julia Grey novels much more the following shorter stories have less mystery and intrigue and therefore disapointing.
on 28 September 2014
I'd still rather have a book in my hands but this mini novel plot filler inner wasgood
on 13 January 2016
I liked this series of stories have got most of the series
on 24 March 2015
An excellent book, as always. By an excellent author
on 18 April 2016