5.0 out of 5 stars Good
Published 7 days ago by Amazon customer

This device has been in our house for almost a month now. It has seen regular use (about three times a week) and my wife thinks it's quite effective ... five stars there then.

It's only ended up with three stars because:

Published 15 months ago by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but rather over-priced ... search and save a tenner., 6 April 2014
JB (Chudleigh, Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System Exfoliating Face Wash & cleansing exfoliating face brush (Personal Care)

It's only ended up with three stars because:

The supplied instructions are useless ... even if you do have a magnifying glass (however, there are now, detailed instructions available on Amazon if one clicks 'see more product details').

It's over-priced (have a search for Olaz and save yourself a tenner).

It really needs (something like) a small drawstring bag or some other enclosure ... storage in the original box with vacuum-formed insert is not the luggage-friendly option most users might wish for.

On a positive note, it has improved my wife's skin and she has invested in a larger tube of the cleanser. She has also used the device with moisturiser also getting improved skin. Reading back through my review I think 3 stars is almost mean, but the reasons for star-reduction remain valid ... perhaps 3.5 stars? A good product that needed a little more customer-care focus before release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Jun. 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I was so excited to try this product as I have always wanted a Clarisonic but it's a bit out of my price range. It is absolutely fantastic, my skin feels squeaky clean after use and it proper glows! My serum and moisturiser sank it so much quicker too. It is a lovely compact design, very light and easy to manoeuvre around awkward areas such as the nose. It doesn't drag on the skin at all, just a soft rotating action. It feels a real pleasure to use.

It doesn't need a charger, just batteries which are included. Trying to get the batteries into the battery compartment, not the easiest thing in the world, but remember to pull at the bottom of the device and you've cracked it.

It comes with a small tube of Olay Regenerist cleanser too which is meant to be used with the device. Directions for use state dampen face, lightly wet brush and apply cleanser to the palms of your hands and then apply to facial area and use the device for one minute and then wet face and rinse. I applied a hot flannel to remove the cleanser which worked really well for me. I am unsure if I would use this device every day, maybe only 2-3 times per week tops, but I absolutely love it and cannot recommend it enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars My own experience + info from Olay.com. I had to email regarding use as there's not enough info in the box or on their website., 22 Feb. 2014
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This arrived as I was finishing breakfast, so I put it to immediate use. It's very simple - open the casing, insert the batteries (2 are supplied, standard AA), click the brush head into its slot. Wet or wash your face, and dampen the brush. Smooth the (slightly gritty) cleanser that's supplied onto your face and pass, NOT rub, the device over your face for 60 seconds.

Now, having read the instructions, there was simply a mention to avoid the eye area, so I split the 60 seconds over cheeks, forehead and chin and am pleased that I didn't experience any discomfort at all - the brush is the size of a two pound coin and made of bristles so soft that they could be used to comb a newborn's wispy hair. At the start, I pressed a little, so the bristles spun less, which is why I couldn't feel much happening, so I just rested the brush on my skin and let it roam, and yes, it felt like it was doing more that way. I am hoping that this has worked, as I've not even experienced any tingling, but my skin sort of feels a bit plumped up. I'm a fair-skinned 45yo Asian female, and don't wear make-up so that's perhaps why there's no sign of anything on the brush (though you are meant to remove make-up first), but this is meant to unclog pores more so than a regular cleanser. I work 3 days a week in an air-conditioned office and on my work days, I seem to have to moisturise a little more to prevent my skin drying out, so it'll be interesting to see if this helps. At the moment, I'm thinking that for a small brush and 20mls of cleaner, this is pretty expensive. I checked for replacement cleanser and 150 ml sells for around 'six squid' (sorry, it's to beat the censors).

From the feel of the brush, I'm not convinced that it's doing too much more than stimulating blood circulation, and I do think that if you don't want to fork out for this brush (which is the size of a very small toy hairdryer), you could perhaps use the cleanser with a 'value' range/soft bristled brush, or a baby's hairbrush - or simply your fingers. However, if using the brush, you have to take care not to press down, as it is meant to glide over skin and not press in. I do think it's expensive for what it is, especially as the cleanser doesn't foam and expand, and as there are tiny particles in it that in themselves would exfoliate the skin even if you were using the product with your fingertips alone. Would I pay the RRP for this pack? No, but I would buy the cleanser and use it with fingers only, as my skin didn't feel dried out.

There's no mention of how often this should be used, so I checked at a well-known pharmacy's website and couldn't find the information there, nor was there any mention on the Olay website, so I've emailed them to ask and I will update this review** - see below.

I am going to use the brush with just some water tomorrow, to see if I get the same plumped-up look, i.e. I'll be using it as a massager, and will again update the review. It is convenient to use, as the brush works under the shower.

**Update: Below is the official info from Olay.com:

The Olay Regenerist Cleansing System - loosens, lifts and swirls dirt away effectively while gently exfoliating skin. This allows more active anti-ageing ingredients to penetrate skin.

The cleansing device has a brush head that acts as tiny hands and fingers; revolving at 350 times per minute - it touches the skin's contours where fingers cannot reach. This two speed rotating device along with the cleanser has been designed to respect the skin's moisture barrier while providing superior cleansing and exfoliation.

The Cleansing System also includes a specific cleanser - the Skin Perfecting Cleanser. This is a fragrance-free, gently exfoliating, hydrating cleanser designed specifically to meet the needs of ageing skin. The cleansing effect of the cleanser is amplified by the effects of the rotating brush for superior cleansing compared to manual cleansing, while respecting the skin's moisture barrier.

Directions:

1. Dampen your face with water.
2. Lightly dampen the brush head with water.
3. Gently massage cleanser over your face with your hands.
4. Press the top button to turn the device on.
5. Turn the device to the setting you find comfortable.
Note: The brush operates at 2 speeds.
Press the lower button to adjust the speed of the brush head rotations.
6. Gently move the brush around your face for approximately 60 seconds, avoiding your eyes.
7. Rinse your face and the brush head with water.
8. Pat your face dry.

Tips:
Olay Regenerist Cleansing System can be used in accordance with your skin needs. Some women may be able to use it daily but others only twice a week - it all depends on the sensitivity of the skin.
You can also use the system in combination with any of the broad range of Olay cleansers, according to your skin needs

Warnings:
Avoid direct contact with eyes and hairline/hair.
If skin irritation or redness occurs, discontinue use.
As this product increases exfoliation of facial cleansers, it may also increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun.
Keep out of reach of children.

Update 25/02/14: I used the brush by itself on Sunday and Monday, and again, my face felt as if it had had a mini-facial; I had clearer skin and it didn't feel sore. This morning, I used it with the cleanser, but I can't see any real difference than when using just water and the brush to act as a stimulator, so I'm not convinced about the overall product at the price. I will continue to update this review whilst the cleanser lasts.

27/02/14 - when using the brush daily just by itself (the cleanser supplied has turned out to be a little too gritty for daily use), I think it's having the effect of a soft loofah - smoothing skin, buffing dead skin cells away, and allowing my skin to breathe. My skin looks a brighter and tighter/plumped, which I think is down to blood being stimulated under the skin; it certainly feels and looks softer, and my dreaded 'Asian age spots/freckles' that I've started to see on my cheeks, look a little less prominent. I will continue to use the cleanser once a week, but the brush alone daily - like I said, it's like a mini facial.

09/03/14 - this is the last update I'll leave, as I am now using the brush daily, and with my own cleanser once a week. I ended up finding the particles in this product a little harsh for even weekly use. I am delighted to say that the 'Asian freckles/spots' are now far less prominent, so this brush is actually doing something for my skin, all on its lonesome. I think though, once the brush gets a bit tatty, I'll just resort to a men's traditional shaving brush or a baby's brush, as I think the effects would pretty much be the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than other more expensive sonic cleansing brushes, 9 Jun. 2015
I recently purchase a clarisonic the top model also for the body, how disappointed I was. I thought it would be far superior to the Olay product which I have been using for a couple of years The main purpose of buying the Clarisonic was for the body attachment. I wish I had not bothered this Olay brush is just as good at doing the job and if you are in too minds whether to splash out on a clarisonic or the Olay brush I say buy the Olay and don't waste your money there is no difference at all if anything I would say the Olay brush gave a better deeper clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the leading brand - half the price, 20 Mar. 2014
Katfishh (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am the proud owner of the leading brand in electronic face cleaner brushes, and priced at over £100 I had wished that there was a cheaper alternative I could recommend for my daughter because since using it my skin looks amazing.

Well YAY!! ..now there is the Olay Regenrist Super Cleansing System, at less than half the price!

Having tried both this, and the leading brand I can tell you - the results are similar. Here's how I used it and went from drab to amazing skin in just 1 week.

Note, the brush should NEVER be used dry. It will cause a red face..or worse - friction burns. Here's how to get the most from this.

1) Clean you face as normal. I would NEVER recommend using this on a dirty face (a face with make up I mean).Tto me thats like polishing your car without cleaning it first.
2) Wet your face, and put a small amount of cleanser on the brush.
3) Using gentle, small circular movements gently clean all areas of your face in three zones a) Forehead - , b) nose and cheeks - c) chin - Do not spend more than 2 minutes in total on your face or it will be red and sore.
Rinse face thoroughly with tepid water. Pat dry.

Your skin will glow after first use.

Repeat moring and night for 1 week, then reduce to once a day, or every other day if your skin has no blackheads or blemishes.

After the first few days you may notice breakouts or spots. This is normal and is the skin clearing itself out (as happens with a face mask).

You will definetely notice a difference within the week. I used to have oily combination skin with enlarged pores and tiny blackheads that were a devil to remove without expensive facials. Now my skin looks fantastic with visibly reduced pores and clear skin.

Now, you may be thinking you could get the same results with a manual complexion brush? Yes, I thought maybe this was an expensive gimmick so in the interests of science (and my pocket) I tried my little manual facial brush for one week. There is NO contest. You simply cannot clean your skin like an electronic device in the same way that an electic toothbrush gives teeth a superior clean.

Also, unlike others on here, I would NEVER use an exfoliant with this brush. Its too irritating for the skin (and bits will fly into your eyes!). I would only ever use a gentle soap based cleanser on the brush. I use simple rosewater as a toner (cheap, and very good), and ALWAYS use moisturiser.

My skin looks AMAZING now, and I really notice the difference if I stop using it for a few days.

I really love this product and I think its amazing value for money and worth every penny...and best of all, it is just as good as the leading brand for less than half the price. Perfect.

Very very happy. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best beauty products I've invested in, 11 Mar. 2015
One of the best beauty products I've invested in.. Such an amazing power of cleaning all the dirt from the face gently.. The brush head is so gentle and enjoyable :) Stunning creation of Olay.. Totally worth it <3

5.0 out of 5 stars ... day as I have sensitive skin its very very good I would recommend it it really cleans your skin ..., 12 May 2015
Its just fabulous my skin is glowing but I only use it every other day as I have sensitive skin its very very good I would recommend it it really cleans your skin and it was a bargain at £ 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System, 15 Mar. 2014
BabyB "BabyB" (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm less than enthused about this product, it's okay but really nothing special.

The product is simple enough, it comes with two AA batteries that are easily inserted into the bottom of the tool and then you're good to go, a little water on the brush and use with your own cleanser or the little tube of cleanser included. As it runs on good-old AA batteries the power isn't as good as you'd see in a rechargeable facial brush system, although the batteries last a while.

The shape of the tool means you're not going to put much pressure on the skin but even the slightest pressure can cause the brush to stop, it doesn't feel like it's doing as much as other exfoliating cleansing systems I've used - there are two speeds, but there's not that much difference between the two. For some reason I was expecting something bigger so I like that it was actually quite small, but the shape was awkward to keep from falling off the side of the basin. On the plus side the brush is easy to remove in order to clean or replace, also there's no timer as with many modern electrical beauty products so easy on my routine.

Many people have commented that the cleanser is too rough but I disagree, I'm speaking as someone with fine sensitive skin and I had no problems what-so-ever, the texture is not nearly as rough as you'd see in microdermabrasion creams or exfoliating scrubs, as the tool doesn't apply much pressure or force then as long as you don't rub it into your skin it should be absolutely fine.

Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System is 'okay' but I'd not choose to spend this much on such a product, if this is the sort of cleansing that works for you then there are more effective systems or cheaper systems to choose from, otherwise just stick to a good exfoliating product as I'd not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brushing up..., 8 May 2015
I generally use this every day or every other day and I don't know what I did before I purchased it. The brush leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth - I would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars spot free, 31 Mar. 2015
Might be too early but see no difference so far. However, my face does seem cleaner since using it. Anyone know were to buy replacement heads, can't see any on Amazon