4.0 out of 5 stars excellent c# resource
coming from a vb.net background this book has been an excellent guide for me picking up c#.
Clear, concise as the title suggests, with a nice logical progression through the chapters.
Often programming books are bloated and I fall asleep reading them, this is to the point with useful examples that I find easier to follow.
Well worth having as a reference...
Published 11 months ago by Mr S A Field

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Like the book, it is concise and provides good examples to follow through.
Published 5 months ago by C. Tillotson

4.0 out of 5 stars In depth straight forward, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
A well written out walk through solid topics that everybody can get something out of. Currently using this as prep for an upcoming exam and its spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. Clear and concise like the title says. Highly recommended for any newbies wanting to learn C# as well as more experienced developers looking for a refresher, to learn new tips or an occasional point of reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read for MSE 70-483, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled upon Luke's blog after finding some hard times working as a full time C# developer and I have been following it since then. I am now getting ready for the MS exam 70-483(Programming in C#) and after finding so much help in Luke's blog I strongly believe this book is all I might ever need for this exam, being precise and concise with all it's examples.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Guide to the Language and .NET, 5 Jan 2014
J. HALL "Johnny Hall" (Cardrona, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
As a .NET developer since before .NET was called .NET, I thought I knew C#, but after a few years away, programming on other platforms and in other languages, my knowledge was a little rusty and I was starting to fall behind. Luckily, someone pointed me in the direction of this book, and as a reference and a guide, I found it excellent. It covers all the basics, and more advanced topics such as generics and dependency injection.

It's quite a lengthy book, and I won't pretend to have read the whole thing from cover to cover, but I've read enough to get myself back into the swing of C# and .NET and it's sitting beside my laptop, ready to be picked up when I have a question.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
Like the book, it is concise and provides good examples to follow through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
I have regularly followed Luke's blog and have been lucky enough to have been passed a copy of the final version (he emailed this to me as I subscribe to his blog )

The book is an in depth look into C#, the .NET libraries and also some third-party frameworks which you would consider as commonly used.

Good books, I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a quality C# book with good working examples, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
After a secondment to VB.NET for several years, my once (semi) decent C# knowledge had deteriorated. This book has been an excellent tool in guiding me back into the world of semi colons and curly brackets whilst also giving the platform to learn new features of C# introduced in 3.5 and 4.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book about programming in C#, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
It seems that like other people I have also read most of this book before it was officially released via the authors blog.

The book is an extensive run through of most of the .NET API you would expect including a in depth look into ADO.NET. The book covers third party frameworks such as NInject and Rhino Mocks.

The book is not for someone who likes that have their hand held through the code; not for beginners. The journey through the book is quick and covers a lot of ground.

For such a small price I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Concise C# (Kindle Edition)
An excellent reference guide for both the novice and professional developer alike. Extremely informative, easy to read and an invaluable aid to mastering C#.

Concise C#