Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.89

on 2 February 2014
As a successful interior designer, Kathryn's life shouldn't just be ambling along in a mundane manner. But it is. She's trapped in a loveless, boring marriage and she is in dire need of some excitement.

Rachel is a young, out going journalist and her life is fun filled. Mainly filled with one night stands, but exciting none the less.

When Kathryn and Rachel meet under contrived circumstances, the attraction between them is immediate, mutual and deep. If only their meeting had been coincidental things between them may have not taken the turn for the worse it did.

As time passes and attraction turns to love, will their chance of a happy ever after be lost when the truth finally comes out?

A lovely well written story of a deception with a slow and tender romance burning brightly throughout. There are a number of exciting twists and turns along the way, making this book more than just a simple romance.

The two main characters, Kathryn and Rachel, are fully developed and backed up by a wonderful cast of characters all essential in progressing the story forward.

From the outset I felt an affinity with all the characters and their lives. Although Kathryn is closeted, married and successful, she's also a novice where love is concerned. Rachel is a bit of a player, but is also a novice at love. When these two women meet and begin to get to know one another, I felt their yearning and vulnerability shine through the pages. In my minds eye I was egging them on to get together.

I would dearly love to see a sequel with these characters. The book ended all too soon for me.
on 5 March 2014
Again great to find a story set in England and the characters are really believable and well written and the back story is a good one. Kathryn and Rachel's story is a good one and one that you cant put down once you start reading it. Personally I would have liked more sex scenes but I wouldn't mark it down for that because what is there is well written and very engaging. definitely a book I will read again and well worth the cover price.
on 22 June 2014
A very sweet (and very hot!) love story with likeable characters and an enjoyable storyline. You'll keep wishing they wouldn't have met the way they have, and you'll keep wondering how the heck they are going to deal with the problematic secret of their first encounter once everything comes out - and the truth will have to surface eventually. But you are grateful they had met at all, because it would have been a shame had they never. It will leave you sad when you've finished the book, though. Because the main characters had felt so real. And because they were so cute. And because it would have been nice to have stayed in their world a little longer.
on 12 May 2014
Guilty Hearts follows the lives of two women, Rachel & Kathryn. Rachel is a journalist for a new women’s magazine & Kathryn is an interior designer to the rich & famous.

The book starts with Rachel going on a date with a girl she has met on a dating website, she just wants a bit of ‘fun’ nothing serious, Rachel is not the relationship type.

Rachel’s meeting with Kathryn is not by chance, she is contacted (through the website) by Kathryn’s husband who has a feeling his wife might be a lesbian. He wants Rachel to flirt with her and report back to him how she responds. Rachel agrees to this, against the advice of her best friend, on the basis that she feels sorry for the guy.

What happens after that takes Rachel completely by suprise. They spend a lot of time together as Kathryn has agreed to be interviewed by Rachel for the magazine. Rachel realises she is falling in love with this woman but knows there is nothing she can do about it. She has to keep this relationship professional and Kathryn is a married woman...

I love the way Jade Winters builds up the relationship between these two women. They are both going through private issues of their own: Kathryn with her husband & Rachel with something that happened in the past. The emotions of the two women are very well written, as I was reading this book I actually felt like I was there, living right beside them. I laughed when they laughed, cried when they cried & wanted them both to hurry up & realise they wanted to be together. There was however, the problem of the way in which they met. How will Kathryn react if/when she finds out it wasn’t the chance meeting she thought it was? Will she forgive Rachel & they live happily ever after or will that deceit end the relationship forever? You’ll have to read the book to find out. In fact, at times I had to force myself to slow down because I was enjoying the book that much I wanted to know how it ended.

This is a fantastic story, it is very well written with great character portrayal & sub-plots. I had never read any of Jade Winters’ work before but after reading this I will definitely be added more of her books to my reading list.
on 28 March 2014
I needed a few pages more; I mean come on JW I'd been waiting and willing for the resolution and I needed a few pages more of that. I want to know more damnit.
Really enjoyed it though, thanks.
on 14 January 2014
I've read a few Jade Winters books and have always enjoyed them, but This one goes to a new level! Great story, she really knows how to get a reader hooked and that was what I was from the start. Loved the characters, esp rachel and her sense of fun and adventure. I want to be her! Don't want to give too much away so will just say how much I loved it and if you like a good lesbian book, this is a classic. If you don't like a good lesbian book, try it anyway as I'm sure anyone would find it a great read.
on 14 March 2015
The book had me gripped and I believed in and liked the characters. Jade is an author whose books I look for now.
The only negative for me is that it ended too quickly. The story developed to a great climax but I would have like to see more depth after that
on 9 January 2014
Loved this book and was sad when it ended! It would be great if there was a sequel - so we could see how Kathryn and Rachel's relationship developed after all the obstacles they encountered during this book.
on 24 April 2014
Loved the book, fabulous easy reading storyline with a perfect ending. I would of loved just a little bit more from the two main characters in the end, but other than that i loved it.
on 16 January 2014
Best jade winters book so far... And I've read them all. Her stories seem to get better and better and both the characters in this book a realistic and relatable. Enjoyed immensely.