on 9 August 2014
Very fast machine. Deals with video editing excellently. Converts files in seconds. Nice slim build and I am getting used to windows 8. Work in progress. Overall very satisfied with performance.
on 4 March 2014
This really is a great laptop.
The I7 is a complete beast, and really speeds up the laptop.
Yes Widnows 8.1 takes a while to get used to but the laptop has a very easy help section.
The battery life is amazing, which was a bonus.
I have reloaded Microsoft office from my old Toshiba which feels like a museum piece compared to this and it is so fast.
It also boots up so quick and turns off in seconds.

Having looked at many other laptops over a long period of time im pleased i waited to get an I7.

The only negative that it does show your finger prints very easily but I really love this laptop.
on 23 February 2014
This is how a laptop should be - fast, sleek and effortless. The i7 makes easy work of Windows 8.1 which shows the pedigree of the machine. I had my last Acer for 6 years and have found them to be robust and excellent value for money. Bottom line - if you're tempted, buy it - you won't be disappointed!
on 8 April 2014
have just bought an acer e1-572 as my five year old acer is starting to show it's age.
I am not computer literate; needed e-mails via the old pc to set the new one up and just pressed the enter buttons to set up as standard without customising.
I knew that this would give me a few things I wouldn't use; including a "sign-in" password but it also gave me some things I definitely did not want;
a, a malware called "pc healthkit" which tried to tell me I'd got loads of naughty things and needed to sign up to them to clear it; don't, use the free "malawarebytes" or another malaware-killer to get rid of it.
b,a pc backup by "jdi"; this isn't malware but it is a flippin' nuisance, so if you don't want it, a google will tell you how to get rid!

felt other people should know what happened to me, hope nothing else is lurking!
on 20 June 2014
But it does exactly as it says on the tin - Acer, is a great brand, and this i7 is very good. It is a shame we have to SUFFER windows 8.1 - what a mess that is - But if you can put up with that - This machine is VERY GOOD.
on 19 July 2014
It's really good and light laptop. The touchpad is not working properly now and then. No volume up and down F- buttons
on 14 July 2014
Great value for money. Fast. Aim to have this home based and for family usage so not worried about the looks. Keyboard is a little clunky, keys close to together but thankfully have an external keyboard connected. Not a big fan of Windows 8, not very intuitive at all so hopefully there is a feature to return to something a bit more user friendly and familiar - come on Microsoft!
on 8 August 2014
laptop is great, easy to set up and so far have had no problems with it, i have had it about a month now and have used it for gaming and watching movies. i havent even been able to push it to the limits by multi tasking (installing games, listening to music, copying files and on the web)
i think this laptop was a great buy, i do not regret it at all.
on 5 May 2014
As a new pupil of Windows 8.1 I found it very different from the old XP.
There are too many apps(icons) to deal with.

I am taking some lessons to learn the new technique.

However it is very fast and I am sure I will overcome the teething problems.

I find it very sensitive jumping back to previous viewings at the slightest touch.

I am getting there, I am sure it will be useful.
on 31 March 2014
I bought this a couple of months ago, and am delighted with it.
It's fast for watching films, fiddling with photos, surfing the web etc, just standard stuff - I'm not particularly ambitious with what I do.
It's light enough to be comfy to use and doesn't weigh a ton.
Good screen, nice colours.
Starts up nice and quickly

Does everything I need to it do quickly and without any fuss or bother.