5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Reading Choice, 31 Jan 2014
Renita D. Boyle (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Choices of Molly Fortune (Kindle Edition)
I know it is not standard to give a review before finishing the book. However, I simply had to interrupt my engrossed reading to recommend The Choices of Molly Fortune! It is highly imaginative, deeply thought provoking novel which treats its intended audience intelligently and is equally absorbing to those of us who are that bit older! A gobsmackingly good read which I am now going to return to!

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for children, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Choices of Molly Fortune (Kindle Edition)
There is a lot to be learned from this story. It's engaging to the point where I stayed up to 2am to finish it, lying to myself, "just one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep" .

I recommend this to both adults and children. It's great, you will question EVERYTHING afterwards.

Stop what you're doing and read it now. good choice. well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Choices of Molly Fortune (Kindle Edition)
I hated putting the book down because I always wanted to know what would happen next. Hope there is a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 7 Jan 2014
Mrs. J. L. Johnston (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Choices of Molly Fortune (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed every chapter, a real page turner! I loved the storyline and the charcters. Everything is so detailed and carefully thought up.
-Rona

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic storyline and characters., 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Choices of Molly Fortune (Kindle Edition)
Considering this book is supposed to be a children's book, it was very well written and I was totally absorbed in it. I would recommend this book to anyone, and an exciting story to read to older children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dystopian Success, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Choices of Molly Fortune (Kindle Edition)
This dystopian part sci-fi part daily life novel is an important one that will engage many 10-16 year olds.

Molly Fortune, in spite of her intelligent Mother's efforts, has been removed with all other children to a hidden computerised "school". There are no adults. the education consists of forced lies from great video screens and virtual reality experiences: some violent, others heavenly. Each child is locked into a choicelet bracelet. it supposedly gives them choices, but not really.

Taking after George Orwell's "1984", and close to both fascism and extreme socialism, it craftily makes us realise how much in the grip of big corp., big government and big advertising we are.

There are plenty of plot twists, excitement and adventure as Molly fights the system and finds more and more that is not as it seems. An important book for all of us. Highly recommended.

The Choices of Molly Fortune