4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, great performance, great price!
Pleased I bought this. It looks great but is small enough to put away without causing a bother.

Published 10 months ago by S. Akhtar

Published 16 days ago by Präänik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, great performance, great price!, 22 Feb 2014
S. Akhtar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt

It's simple to use, with a push button lid that enables the grind. The max amount you can grind is up to four tablespoons of bean/seed/nut because if you overfill it the resulting grounds will collect in the lid you are about to take off, leaving a possible mess when you do take it off. Grinders I have had in the past seem to have been able to grind more. I compared it to the Braun grinder it was replacing and it seemed smaller. The blades were definitely smaller.

I bought it to mill flaxseed and the end result is great, though I have to do it in batches if I want to make a storable amount. For regular coffee drinkers it would be great doing the amount required a couple of mugs in one hit. If you want to fill a cafetiere you may have to go through it twice. This size issue, whilst being compact enough not to take up room in your kitchen, is also the reason I gave it four and not five stars.

The instructions warn you not to grind for longer than thirty seconds at a time as over heating may occur, but the flaxseed was ground to powder so quickly it didn't seem to be an issue and repeating the process over and over in succession didn't seem to overheat it either. I should contain my excitement, though, as it's early days yet and I've not had it long.

It cleans well enough if you use a pastry brush, or something similar to brush it out. There is a join within the chamber itself, where the plastic edging of the top of this machine, joins the metal of the chamber in which the coffee is ground, where coffee grits may collect, but just brush the inside out well and it shouldn't be a problem.

For the price, I'm happy I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grinder, 31 Jan 2014
K. Brettwood "bretty" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
I bought this mainly to mill whole linseeds and hempseeds and it does the job in a few seconds producing a nice milled effect.its slimline but not light and flimsy as it does have a bit of weight. its very easy to use and is very smooth when running.
all in all a great little grinder for a fraction of the price of some branded makes.
what more can i say, Excellent! : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
I am surprised at the quality of this product, it's really good value for money. I have used it for grinding coffee beans and it has the job done in seconds. It's really easy to clean too, which is a bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grinder, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
Great little grinder, stylish and does the job fast and brilliantly! Would highly recommend this grinder to buy for coffee

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm disappointed that the company would rather I discard the product ..., 9 Dec 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
The black plastic inside the grinder has a very unpleasant smell of industrial rubber which suggests to me that it contains the plastic additive bisphenol A at the minimum or some other toxic ingredients. I was given a full refund, but also asked to dispose of the product. I'm disappointed that the company would rather I discard the product than return it to them, as this creates yet more waste and landfill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly Dubbing, 8 Dec 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
"I'll be honest, I only brought this for fly tying dubbing used it twice today, once on pre-mixed but clumpy pink and without cleaning it chopped up some wool to make black. pre-mixed is now fluffy :) and after awhile the grey is mixed with only a few lumpy stubborn strands remaining and without any pink wool showing in the mix to me that's good. Next I'll try flashabou and glister."

4.0 out of 5 stars compact easy to use, 6 Dec 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
Small, compact easy to use. Grinds in seconds. I use it to grind spices such as cinnnamon, cloves, whole black pepper etc into a fine powder. So far so good. The only downside is that you can't do a large quanity at a time but that's not a problem as you can quickly take it out, use it and just as easily store it. It's relatively easy to clean with a damp cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee grinder., 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
Does exactly what it says. No problems grinding coffee beans as you want them.A bargain price as well.
Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
This came on time, did what it said it would, was low price and just what I need to grind my own spices. Amazon description sais its a spice grinder etc but instructions mention nuts and coffee only

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it says, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Jacobson Electric Grinder 150 Watt
This product does as it says, very powerful and compact, I am happy with this product and would advise it to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›