4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read., 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Neanderthal's Aunt (Kindle Edition)
Was a bit sceptical about this book when I started but quickly found I was hooked. Really good story with great characters. My only disappointment was there are no other books from this author to buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very surprised by how much I enjoyed it!, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Neanderthal's Aunt (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit I nearly gave this 5 stars, which is amazing considering that when I started reading it I was convinced I would not like it.

The style threw me completely... It was almost child-like, written in first person, and "telling" you facts throughout the story. I found it difficult to get into at first having recently read historical fiction and more traditional novels.

BUT... I was completely hooked (sucked in) once I gave it a chance. I was very curious about the concept (and having an interest in science definitely helped) and wanted to find out what was going on. This book was totally different and unique in its approach. It took a serious discussion and spun it into something real, tangible. And the main character made me laugh - she was so real! It's great to read a fictional book that feels true to what someone can really be like - Sara would be a great friend!

I also got this book for free whilst it was on promotion, which was a bonus!

Highly recommend this book if you enjoy reading in first person, like fun characters, and have an interest in science and evolution.

The Neanderthal's Aunt