5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent page turner, 3 May 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Great second instalment, wouldn't put it down. Interesting in how the characters interact and how it can all seem well but that you can't trust the monarchy

4.0 out of 5 stars The series continues..., 10 April 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I received a complimentary copy of this in return for an honest review.

Firstly, I love the covers in this series. Just beautiful! Moving on ...

I utterly loved What Kills Me (Book #1), so when he chance to review this one came up I bit the tour companies hand off. Wynne has such a way with words, not surprisingly when we consider she is a journalist. But she gave her protagonists a wit and curiosity which intrigued me and warmed me to Axelia instantly.

Starting with the (slightly less awesome), ending with the good.

The first half of the book was slow when compared to the thrill ride that is What Kills Me (Book #1), which provided a continuous pulse of action throughout. The first half also alienated me towards the spunky and previously very likeable Axelia. I found myself screaming at her not to do stupid things, not to take risks with other people's lives. She knew the Empress to be a cold-hearted bitch, yet ignored the rules the Empress had imposed upon other's. This arrogance caused the deaths of innocent vampires, people Axelia considered friends. Then, she was upset or enraged at their loss, as if it had nothing to do with her, but gave as much thought to whether Luke loved her or not. This removed me from the story a few times during the first half. But....

... then I realised what I was doing. I was judging her actions based upon what I would do (as a 41 year old woman with vast life experience. And as someone who hasn't been yanked away from high school, turned into a vampire, and pronounced The Divine - Saviour of Vampires). Once I accepted this, I chilled out, and I'm glad because ...

... the second half of the book is so much better. She grows (or remembers she has) a spine and saves, then sets out to avenge, her family, all while asserting herself over Luke, who ... well read it and find out!

I gave this 4/5.

*NOTE: I very much doubt YA readers will struggle at all, however.

Reasons to love it: The beautiful description, the full on head-rolling, blood spraying actions scenes, and the drama of the plot unfolding are all well worth your time and investment. And I look forward to seeing where Axelia and Luke end up next. :) It's a great series by a talented author>

* I recommend this series to ALL young adult readers of urban fantasy and various other paranormal fiction genres.

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars gave this 5 star, 10 April 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
After reading book 1 i was addicted to the story,, so had to buy this one , it was a really good read i couldn't put it down , same sort of story as girl in the box i read all them to , as i normally read thrillers , enjoyed it ,

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing story filled with action and thrilling till the end, 3 April 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Really amazing book which i thoroughly enjoyed. I will definitely be recommended and hopefully reading further book from this fantastic author.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book so much i bought and read the next one (along with this) in two days.. it is suitable for teenagers too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously different, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I love supernatural books and read as many as I can, this book was so different to other vampire novels. I loved it. I read this and the initial book in two days I couldn't put them down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbroken, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I just wish there was going to be another book -I devoured this one in half a day. Excellent story - I want to know more about See and Lucas's story

I Am Forever (What Kills Me Book 2)
3.13