Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 April 2014
Ok, well here I am on book three of Ann Christy's phenomenal Silo 49 series and what an enjoyable journey it has been.

I have seen Silo 49 brought back from the brink of destruction at the hands of Silo 1 and the inhabitants of the silo claiming it back for themselves and learning more about how they came to be there in the first place.

Following on from Deep Dark, the inhabitants are now exploring the outside of the silo, mapping the area around them but they just don't send anybody, there is a race to discover who is the fittest, who can go the extra mile.

Lillian and Leo are cousins and are the fittest in the silo, Dark Till Dawn follows them as they go from fledgling trainees to fully blown racers.

I wont tell you who wins the race as that's a spoiler!

But I will say that we see a lot more of the outside in this story and I really appreciated Ann describing that, after the inhabitants being in the silo for so long I wondered how the outside world would have changed.

Another thing I liked about the book was the description of the animals in the silo, it still puzzles me how when they were building the silo's did people not notice all these goats being led down to the farms!

Anyway I really enjoyed this book, the character of Lillian stood out, she was really strong and despite her young years not afraid to go the extra mile.

I have been really impressed with the world building that Ann has done, I loved the original Hugh Howey books and the Silo 49 series is just as good.

Silo 49: Dark Till Dawn I award 5 out of 5
on 25 January 2014
Very uplifting. I don't want to give any spoilers, but if you enjoyed Hugh Howey's Wool series, this is a great spin off addition to the story. The potential for Silo stories is great, and I'm sure (and fervently hope!) that there are many lives in various Silos to be explored. This one was about well trained athletes who, with the assistance of their Trainers, IT and technicians, compete to venture outside in a bid to bring back knowledge to the Silo. Basically, over the years they have been mapping the local terrain outside and the toxicity. However it hasn't been without severe risks and tragedy. I wasn't sure how it would go and because of the way the characters were portrayed, and how I was drawn into their family lives, I was a bit fearful for their safety. It demonstrated that despite the envionment, human nature will always feel the need for exploration. As with the other Silo stories from Ann Christy I liked the intelligence, innocence and optimism of the people living in Silo 49 and I want a happy ending for them all.
on 23 January 2014
Ann's writing has grown with this book and she creates characters you care about. Hopefully with her next efforts she has the confidence to publish all in one go. Whilst the Silo 49 stories work in three parts it would have been better in one continuous read. My advice get all three parts at the same time. *** Spoiler Alert *** I hope Ann continues the story of Silo 49 and links it with the people from Silos 17 & 18 on the outside.
on 20 January 2015
I really enjoyed the first two in the series. So much so that I went on and read the Wool trilogy (I know, should have done that first).

I did not like the first 70% of this book which I didn't think was very well written. The character development was poor and I felt no empathy towards Lillian or her cousin. In fact they are annoying and irritating. I doubt if that was what was intended. The material on their interactions with other characters is tedious and not well written. I actually started to skip paragraphs which seemed to serve no purpose at all.

When the run starts the book comes into its own and becomes interesting and exciting. To the extent that it felt as though all that earlier material felt like padding. Pity given the quality of the first two books.
on 1 October 2014
This third book in the series, takes as a forward and gives us hope for the human race.I love Lillian's character and her have to do, will do, attitude.she is the type of person that would push for the right reasons to make advances.I can't wait for the next book in the series, this one made me cry and frightened and happy all in one go.Love the style of writing and the way detail is attended to for both people and surroundings.I just don't want the series to end.
on 4 March 2014
**potential spoilers ahead...**

I enjoyed all three of this series, but i think this is the best. It's great reading when the characters discover the outside world and it's wonders. I'd love to see the story develop further and follow them on their new adventures as they discover the real world!

A good read, and i was gripped throughout!
on 26 April 2014
Really enjoyed the SILO 49 series. I was disappointed when the original trilogy ended and this fits perfectly, however I do want to know more, I have lots of questions...... but don't want to spoil any part of the story so won't ask here. If you enjoyed the wool series these are a must.
on 29 April 2014
I've loved reading this and the others on the series. This could be the happy ending to the saga - silo citizens making it out and surviving. It has kept me enthralled - not an easy thing on an iPhone. Wonderful writing, fantastic characters. Well done!
on 28 January 2014
I'm a huge fan of Hugh Howey's Wool, and I've been really enjoying the fan fiction too. Ann Christy's Silo 49 series is excellent, very true to Hugh Howey's vision of silo life, and very well written. I'd definitely recommend this!
on 21 April 2014
A remarkable alternative angle of silo life and how societies can develop so differently from identical beginnings. Just another nugget from the rich vein of man's fathomless ability to destroy and the souls struggle to be free.